Members banned from this thread: Sundance


Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 348
Thanks Tree237Thanks

Thread: What is white culture?

  1. #51
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    63,702
    Thanks
    44190

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Like saying anything negative about Obama made you a racist or how all Trump voters are Nazi's?

    Is that what you mean?
    That's a made up defense right wingers came up with because we know that the whole birther thing and the accusations that he was born in Kenya is racists and called it like it is from the get-go.

    The only people I've called Nazis are the ones who have self-identified as such.

  2. #52
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30,977
    Thanks
    28924

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    You brought up religion. That's another way I am apart from many whites in that I come from a Catholic background. That's just another example of how there is no white culture.
    I disagree. Simply because a variety of ethnic subcultures exist within it doesn't imply that there is no discernable "white culture" within the US.
    Thanks from Sassy and Sparta

  3. #53
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    You brought up religion. That's another way I am apart from many whites in that I come from a Catholic background. That's just another example of how there is no white culture.
    I brought it up because it's part of the CULTURE that you deny exists. People FREAKED OUT at the thought of a Catholic President because the culture here is predominantly European white Protestants.

  4. #54
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30,977
    Thanks
    28924

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    There were indentured servants but it's nothing to do with my post. There was a culture here and Irish need not apply for jobs or be allowed into establishments. Just one example.
    Are you seeking white culture, or white victimhood culture?
    Thanks from the watchman

  5. #55
    Veteran Member HenryPorter's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,973
    Thanks
    9729

    From
    N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    But that's not one culture. That's American culture. I think American culture includes African culture as well as European culture and Caribbean and Hispanic. You still haven't defined white culture.
    Since it probably requires explaining your point is exactly my point to Sassy, I doubt if she will let herself see it though.

  6. #56
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    That's a made up defense right wingers came up with because we know that the whole birther thing and the accusations that he was born in Kenya is racists and called it like it is from the get-go.

    The only people I've called Nazis are the ones who have self-identified as such.
    The birther thing had to do with BOOGA BOOGA Muslims. Obama's racial ancestry was not in question. His CULTURAL ancestry WAS a huge source of contention. A Kenyan, Muslim father. A Muslim step-father.

  7. #57
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPorter View Post
    Since it probably requires explaining your point is exactly my point to Sassy, I doubt if she will let herself see it though.
    Actually I 100% agree about American culture. It was Babba who set blacks apart and said they have a distinct culture (which is necessarily by definition apart from whites) but there is no white culture to be distinct FROM. That makes no sense.

  8. #58
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Are you seeking white culture, or white victimhood culture?
    I don't know of any white victimhood culture, so I guess the former. But primarily in contrast to the 'black culture' that is said to exist. I don't see how or to whom they are distinct from, if there is no white culture. Unless it's American, and I don't believe Babba intends to purport that black Americans are anti-American.

  9. #59
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,373
    Thanks
    254

    From
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Many blacks here in the USA didn't come from slave history. Much of our population is from immigration.
    Well said. Aside from that, most people (whether white, Spanish, Egyptian, Chinese) have slaves in their ancestry. Slavery has been around, very commonly, for millennia. Even today there are millions of slaves. Even white Anglo Saxon slaves, in England. I saw a documentary about it just last week. White guys forced into slavery.

    I think that groups like Black Lives Matter, who have such a burning hatred of whites because of slavery, have totally forgotten all the tens of thousands of whites who died to end slavery. Do they EVER show their appreciation for that?

  10. #60
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Many blacks here in the USA didn't come from slave history. Much of our population is from immigration.
    Right, so, like whites, many of them have different languages and holidays and foods. And do not share life experiences.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. White European culture
    By tnbskts in forum Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 14th August 2017, 09:05 AM
  2. The US War Culture
    By LiberalAvenger in forum Warfare
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th August 2013, 11:37 PM
  3. The Gun Culture
    By Blueneck in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 20th January 2011, 01:26 AM
  4. What is white culture?
    By Charles Stover in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st November 2010, 06:16 AM
  5. From where does culture come?
    By The_Bear in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th February 2008, 12:00 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed