Members banned from this thread: Davocrat and Rob Larrikin


Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 305
Thanks Tree182Thanks

Thread: Why do 7th generation Americans call themselves African Americans?

  1. #41
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,079
    Thanks
    39167

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    Nah, I think it’s because the Left want to constantly remind black people about the slavery that happened. How they were taken from Africa as slaves. So that’s the reason. If CNN just called them blacks, it wouldn’t have any anchor to slavery. ‘African’ does. That’s the underlying reason.

    Agree?
    good lord, read some fucking history.

    African American, (the term); a brief history | African American Registry
    Thanks from Amelia

  2. #42
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4303

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    Nah, I think it’s because the Left want to constantly remind black people about the slavery that happened. How they were taken from Africa as slaves. So that’s the reason. If CNN just called them blacks, it wouldn’t have any anchor to slavery. ‘African’ does. That’s the underlying reason.

    Agree?
    Not really.


    Hey Spookycolt. Rob here says black are too stupid to find Africa on a map. You are a black person, so what do you think about that?

  3. #43
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,439
    Thanks
    10867

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Not really.


    Hey Spookycolt. Rob here says black are too stupid to find Africa on a map. You are a black person, so what do you think about that?
    I can find it just fine.

  4. #44
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4303

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I don't focus on race, I discuss issues from a truthful point of view.

    I will side with anyone I agree with or go against anyone I don't. I don't care what color they are.

    And I don't cut white racists any slack nor do I cut anyone any slack. I'll bitch you out no matter what your skin color is.

    And what claims of mine are improbable?

    That I went to college?

    Plenty of people here have.
    The OP says you, an alleged black man (PhD, mermaids believer, transgender, polling expert, professional video game player) are too stupid to find Africa on a map, yet you say nothing.

    Still waiting for the FBI to contact me after you reported me for being right.

  5. #45
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4303

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I can find it just fine.
    But he said you can't. You let it slide. Do you agree with him?
    Thanks from the watchman

  6. #46
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,220
    Thanks
    3816

    From
    AK
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    If anything, that source would seem to affirm his theory.
    Thanks from Rob Larrikin

  7. #47
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,079
    Thanks
    39167

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    If anything, that source would seem to affirm his theory.
    there isn't any fucking "theory". Blacks in America aren't too stupid to point to African on a map. Otherwise, what you call a "theory" is nothing but race-baiting bullshit. What "theory" are you finding in the OP that could possibly be affirmed by anything , except bs racist right-wing nonsense?
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  8. #48
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanks
    416

    From
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    Most blacks wouldn't know anything about that stuff, so my question remains. I've already answered it anyway. The Left want the word 'African' as a tag, to anchor blacks to slavery.

  9. #49
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanks
    416

    From
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Not really.
    Heh heh. Can't explain why. Derp.


    Hey Spookycolt. Rob here says black are too stupid to find Africa on a map.
    Hey Spookycolt. That is a lie. I used the word 'most'. Never trust a Leftie to quote correctly.

    The sentences were, "Especially when they've never been there, and most can't even point it out on a map. Practically none know anything about the politics in Africa, and few would agree with it."

    This would also apply to whites. From what I've seen, the majority of them can't point Africa out on a map. Or Australia, Europe, and so on. School these days - what do you expect? It's full of left winged teachers.

  10. #50
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,220
    Thanks
    3816

    From
    AK

    Why do 7th generation Americans call themselves African Americans?

    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    there isn't any fucking "theory". Blacks in America aren't too stupid to point to African on a map.
    Americans in general are geographically challenged. Doesn't have anything to do with their skin color. He was making a case as to how historically separated some are from their ancestral continent and so it is strange to continue referencing Africa.

    Otherwise, what you call a "theory" is nothing but race-baiting bullshit. What "theory" are you finding in the OP that could possibly be affirmed by anything , except bs racist right-wing nonsense?
    He surmised that left wingers perpetuate the use of the term for political reasons, and you angrily told him to "read some fucking history" while linking to a site that practically confirms what he said.
    Thanks from Rob Larrikin

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. African Americans Versus African Immigrants.
    By Two If By Tea in forum Racism
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 3rd October 2014, 09:17 AM
  2. African Americans Versus African Immigrants
    By Two If By Tea in forum Sexuality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th September 2014, 06:05 AM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 24th March 2013, 06:33 AM
  4. Replies: 333
    Last Post: 29th January 2012, 02:44 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed