Members banned from this thread: Dragonfly5


Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 239
Thanks Tree193Thanks

Thread: Universal Health Care For Americans Baby Ya!

  1. #31
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,981
    Thanks
    31367

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Just curious... Do you support this proposed legislation simply because you know that it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing and that it will be used by your favorite political party to campaign against Democrats in the upcoming midterms?

    Really, that's the only rational reason for anyone to celebrate this doomed legislative initiative.
    Bernie proposed it!

  2. #32
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,981
    Thanks
    31367

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    And, those of us who pay taxes can look forward to the day, when we can bring, almost 35% of our pay, home......all so that WE can have LESSER health care.

    Fortunately, I won't have to worry about paying it for very long. Once Government Bureaucrats take over, they will look at my health file, and promptly decide that I need to be "allowed to die......"

    (But, maybe they give me drugs for the pain......probably not, if I am no longer working, though......)

    The only thing I would add to Communist Health Care, is a strong system of Assisted (or, maybe, some day, Government Mandated) Suicide.

    (For cases such as my file, this could be a good money saving venture for Government.....)
    You already do,plus paying through the nose for health care.

  3. #33
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,875
    Thanks
    19114

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    You already do,plus paying through the nose for health care.
    True.

    It spiked greatly with Obamacare. (but, fortunately, I did not see a sharp drop in quality)

    If and when we get Socialized Helathcare, I will see most of my actual paycheck go bye-bye, for LESSER quality of healthcare, only for some fine bureaucrats to look at my file, and say "Fuck it, let's let this loser die. He has PAID taxes all his live, and now, he is old, and becoming a DOUBLE burden. Fuck him...."

    My only question, is if they will allow me some good drugs, or an instant death, or, if I will be relegated to dying a slow, miserable death on the whim of the State.....

  4. #34
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,981
    Thanks
    31367

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    True.

    It spiked greatly with Obamacare. (but, fortunately, I did not see a sharp drop in quality)

    If and when we get Socialized Helathcare, I will see most of my actual paycheck go bye-bye, for LESSER quality of healthcare, only for some fine bureaucrats to look at my file, and say "Fuck it, let's let this loser die. He has PAID taxes all his live, and now, he is old, and becoming a DOUBLE burden. Fuck him...."

    My only question, is if they will allow me some good drugs, or an instant death, or, if I will be relegated to dying a slow, miserable death on the whim of the State.....

    Health care costs were going way up before the ACA! So were deductible and drug prices.You guys do quickly forget!

    We need a plan that will cover all. See that Doctors are paid fairly. What we have now is a jumble,caused by the fact Congress and succeeding Presidents did not do this years ago. They allowed Insurance companies to call the shots.

    Note,the ACA is a Republican plan from the Heritage Foundation! It is NOT Obamacare! From that premise on,you are wrong!
    Last edited by MaryAnne; 13th September 2017 at 09:51 AM.

  5. #35
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,819
    Thanks
    23577

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Just curious... Do you support this proposed legislation simply because you know that it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of passing and that it will be used by your favorite political party to campaign against Democrats in the upcoming midterms?

    Really, that's the only rational reason for anyone to celebrate this doomed legislative initiative.
    Not only are the majority of Americans for single payer health insurance, for the first time the majority of doctors support it too.
    Thanks from MaryAnne and EnigmaO01

  6. #36
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    29,819
    Thanks
    23577

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    True.

    It spiked greatly with Obamacare. (but, fortunately, I did not see a sharp drop in quality)

    If and when we get Socialized Helathcare, I will see most of my actual paycheck go bye-bye, for LESSER quality of healthcare, only for some fine bureaucrats to look at my file, and say "Fuck it, let's let this loser die. He has PAID taxes all his live, and now, he is old, and becoming a DOUBLE burden. Fuck him...."

    My only question, is if they will allow me some good drugs, or an instant death, or, if I will be relegated to dying a slow, miserable death on the whim of the State.....
    I remember my mother making the same argument about midicare. Well, Medicare passed, and they came through for her over, and over again.

    As it is now it's the poor who get the "Fuck him" treatment. It looks like the only thing that bothers you, is that you might be treated in the future like you don't mind the poor guy being treats. Now.
    Last edited by labrea; 13th September 2017 at 07:50 AM.
    Thanks from MaryAnne and Babba

  7. #37
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,981
    Thanks
    31367

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    I remember my mother making the same argument about midicare. Well, Medicare passed, and they came through for her over, and over again.
    I remember when LBJ signed it. The Democrats have tried ever since to fix health care.

    Good Lord,even Nixon wanted it. Republican plan,and still they bitch with out knowing anything.
    Thanks from labrea and EnigmaO01

  8. #38
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    32,780
    Thanks
    30331

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Not only are the majority of Americans for single payer health insurance, for the first time the majority of doctors support it too.
    So what? I support it too. That's why I'm opposed to this self-aggrandizing, idiotic attempt to force a vote on the issue within a Congress that quite obviously doesn't support it.

    Grandstanding is not a viable method for passing legislation. Bernie simply desires celebrity, and he doesn't give a damn if his antics hurt the Democratic Party in it's long-term endeavor to actually accomplish something on healthcare policy. Why should he? He isn't a Democrat. He's just another Don Quixote play-pretend "revolutionary".
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  9. #39
    A Blue Dog Jets Fan Jets's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,282
    Thanks
    7855

    From
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I do not get why so many Americans are afraid of universal healthcare, and how so many bought into the lies spread by Fox about Canadian healthcare.
    It's an issue of optics and reality. The perception is that the VA is an example of what could happen under a Medicare For All scenario. Whether it's a legitimate point or not is irrelevant. In addition, many people are worried that doctors are going to avoid taking on new Medicare as well as Medicaid patients. That would translate into longer waiting times and fewer options which will not do much to encourage support.

    Jmo

  10. #40
    New Member
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    456
    Thanks
    271

    From
    America's Touque
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    It's an issue of optics and reality. The perception is that the VA is an example of what could happen under a Medicare For All scenario. Whether it's a legitimate point or not is irrelevant. In addition, many people are worried that doctors are going to avoid taking on new Medicare as well as Medicaid patients. That would translate into longer waiting times and fewer options which will not do much to encourage support.

    Jmo
    I just don't get the mentality of being happy about short wait times, because a lot of people can not afford to go to the doctors. The wait times in the us are a sign that the system is broken, but so many people brag about it.

    There is not ALWAYS long wait periods in Canada. Last week I made a next day appointment with my family doctor, and guess what it was completely covered by taxes.
    Thanks from Babba, Friday13 and EnigmaO01

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Universal Health Care In Vermont
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th March 2017, 05:49 AM
  2. Universal health care unconstitutional?
    By Conservative15 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 23rd August 2009, 11:16 PM
  3. Universal Health Care
    By Burning Giraffe in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 2nd May 2008, 12:20 AM
  4. We Already Have Universal Health Care
    By Burning Giraffe in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th October 2007, 10:21 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed