Members banned from this thread: CEngelbrecht


Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 676
Thanks Tree248Thanks

Thread: Gun Control - Suggestions from Right-Wing Members

  1. #61
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,268
    Thanks
    18063

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    And how many times would you apply the death penalty to the same murderer? Or perhaps you meant to increase his sentence from 120 years to 200 years ... ?
    After 58 people are killed and 528 are injured.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,268
    Thanks
    18063

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    I think the whole gun fetish started with slavery and reconstruction...we also had almost no police force anywhere up until the mid 1800's. This is part of our DNA it seems, nothing will affect it. I once asked a gun nut how many people had to die before he changed his mind, he said there was no number because the more people get killed in this manner, the more he feels like he needs to be armed. It's a vicious circle.
    The issue is the American cowboy "myth", that every man can live on his own and sustain himself with a horse and a gun; that's pretty much bullshit as evidenced by the piss poor existence most cowboys lived, that was Hoover's argument when the Great Depression was upon us; his mythological belief in the American cowboy, led to a disastrous end; even Hoover begged the rich to "volunteer" to help the country, a plea they largely ignored, until they were forced to do it, by FDR.
    Thanks from Blues63

  3. #63
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,106
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    And how many times would you apply the death penalty to the same murderer? Or perhaps you meant to increase his sentence from 120 years to 200 years ... ?
    You are talking situations of mass murder for a sentence like that.

    A man kills another man with a gun he probably won't get 120 years, maybe 25 or whatever it is now.

    Up that to the death sentence and it may influence others not to commit murder.

    You aren't going to stop someone hell bent on mass murder no matter what you do but you could probably reduce random gun violence.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,115
    Thanks
    4006

    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    That's the thing. At this point there are so many firearms floating around this country I'm not sure what can be done. We can tighten laws and increase punishments. But it's going to take at least a couple of generations to reduce the number of guns. That's if we can release the stranglehold the NRA has on Congress. And that's a huge IF.
    If the democrats threaten gun control fire arm sales will skyrocket as we seen when Obama tried gun control.

  5. #65
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,106
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    No, not what I said, the argument is criminals will always get guns, somehow right wingers believe making abortion illegal will reduce it.
    I never claimed eliminating guns would have no effect, it probably would have a very small one but someone who wants a gun, like an illegal abortion, will find a way to get it done.

    Its like legalizing heroin. The left thinks usage will go down but if you can run to Walmart pharmacy and purchase it its more likely to be used.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61,115
    Thanks
    4006

    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Why bring up gun control yet again? It is clear that no-one cares about how many people die, just so they can have their toys.

    I thought 26 children dying at Sandy Hook would wake the national conscience, but it didn't. 58 dead at a Country Music Festival won't change a thing. A dialogue on the subject is futile.
    It is clear democrats did not care about the dead this morning it was just another chance for them to spew their nonsense about gun control.

  7. #67
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,825
    Thanks
    1097

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You guys claim that making abortions illegal won't reduce them yet you think making guns illegal will.

    See how that works?
    All laws are broken, that is why we have law enforcement. Your argument is not even clever because it leads to anarchy or lawlessness. We already have evidence that strict gun controls have a direct affect on deaths by gun. We also have direct evidence that loose gun controls increase deaths by guns. No law will ever stop every single illegal act but you knew that didn't you?
    Thanks from Thx1138, HayJenn and PACE

  8. #68
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    64,290
    Thanks
    44844

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If the democrats threaten gun control fire arm sales will skyrocket as we seen when Obama tried gun control.
    And you have nothing to say about the fact that gun proliferation is the biggest contributor to the problem. Hey, as has been pointed out, your side won. Last night's massacre is your prize. Own it. Embrace it.
    Thanks from Thx1138

  9. #69
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,106
    Thanks
    10585

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    And you have nothing to say about the fact that gun proliferation is the biggest contributor to the problem. Hey, as has been pointed out, your side won. Last night's massacre is your prize. Own it. Embrace it.
    There are always consequences to living in a free society unfortunately.

    Of course you could increase safety by controlling everyone's lives from cradle to grave but is that worth giving up your freedom and independence for?

  10. #70
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,268
    Thanks
    18063

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is clear democrats did not care about the dead this morning it was just another chance for them to spew their nonsense about gun control.
    Shut your fucking mouth!!! I was there at Sandy Hook! and I don't need some bull shit artist on a message board, pontificating like an insane chihuahua about MOTIVATION!

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 113
    Last Post: 30th August 2017, 04:17 PM
  2. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 29th September 2016, 06:58 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 14th March 2016, 03:44 PM
  4. Replies: 118
    Last Post: 17th May 2013, 02:08 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th April 2013, 03:08 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed