Members banned from this thread: Blues63


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Safety Rules/Banned Things

  1. #31
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16,083
    Thanks
    8668

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    I know right??? My car goes up to 120 mph, why cant I do that?? We should protest.
    Just do it anyways...I have. LOL It feels good to be bad once in awhile.
    Thanks from bajisima

  2. #32
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    49,279
    Thanks
    23252

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah, as most fatalities in bike accidents are due to head injuries not requiring helmets means a steady supply of relatively young, relatively healthy organ donors.
    Indeed, when I and my friends go bicycling, we call "organ donor" when we see someone ride by without a helmet.

    On one ride, one of us rode ahead to take an alternate route. The remaining two of us came across a father, mother and 2-3 kids (I forget exactly how many), all riding bicycles without helmets. I said aloud, "wow, a whole family of organ donors!" The father said quizzically, "that's what the last guy said."
    Thanks from Babba

  3. #33
    Throbbing Member Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    8748

    From
    Colorado
    Clearly we don't need to pay for car insurance anymore. I mean I see the importance of it, but I'm not going to let a few car accidents spoil the bunch.
    Thanks from boontito

  4. #34
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,013
    Thanks
    24182

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by HCProf View Post
    Just do it anyways...I have. LOL It feels good to be bad once in awhile.
    Its like only using half my car!
    Thanks from StanStill and HCProf

  5. #35
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    85,200
    Thanks
    60158

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Why do we waste all that time and money guarding the border when people come across anyway?
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  6. #36
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    45,638
    Thanks
    22361

    From
    Ohio


    Neither is a gun, but a lot of gun owners don't seem to understand that.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65,072
    Thanks
    30476

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Indeed, when I and my friends go bicycling, we call "organ donor" when we see someone ride by without a helmet.

    On one ride, one of us rode ahead to take an alternate route. The remaining two of us came across a father, mother and 2-3 kids (I forget exactly how many), all riding bicycles without helmets. I said aloud, "wow, a whole family of organ donors!" The father said quizzically, "that's what the last guy said."
    True story. My kidney donor was a healthy 26 year old male that died of brain trauma after a motorcycle accident where he was not wearing a helmet.
    Thanks from Thx1138 and Ian Jeffrey

  8. #38
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20,983
    Thanks
    12262

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    True story. My kidney donor was a healthy 26 year old male that died of brain trauma after a motorcycle accident where he was not wearing a helmet.
    My half-sister died in a motorcycle crash at age 17, no helmet.

    Thx :/

  9. #39
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,605
    Thanks
    29474

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    My half-sister died in a motorcycle crash at age 17, no helmet.

    Thx :/
    My neighbor's first wife died from head trauma sustained in a single vehicle bicycle accident.
    Thanks from Thx1138

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65,072
    Thanks
    30476

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    My half-sister died in a motorcycle crash at age 17, no helmet.

    Thx :/
    My condolences, a senseless death.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Feds, truckers clash over new safety rules
    By ptif219 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 9th July 2013, 05:50 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd June 2013, 07:19 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed