Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69
Thanks Tree55Thanks

Thread: Harvey Weinstein

  1. #21
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,984
    Thanks
    356

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Did anyone here know his name before this Harvey Weinstein festival? I think I speak for everyone when I say he is wrong to use power to abuse women just like anyone who uses power. One thing is certain, he is not the first or last one to abuse power. As we pretend we even knew who this guy was or we fake it that it is a rarity, thousands of women go through this in their careers. Millions have gone through it if we count history.

    So while I'd love to get excited and fake shock over what is commonly known, I can't. I didn't know who this ass was until this week but I know he is not the only ass in Hollywood or in Corporate America, or on Main Street business USA. The best I can do is say it is wrong and it won't change until women are treated fairly in the marketplace. It won't change until women and men value women. It won't stop until all women stop supporting their own devalued position. Start by demanding the no-brainer of equal pay. Start by demanding equal promotions. Start by being a fiery force that shuts these male dominated areas down who so disrespect women as to make them a common story about women in business. This is 2017 and some have said women are equal but in-your-face if you really believed that. They are not equal until this rubbish stops. Pay all genders equally. Women are not cattle. Don't lecture women on how to ignore reality using one example no one has a clue about. Look at the whole of women and careers in America.

    Please for goodness sake don't pretend I am suppose to give a flying fig about what timeframe some actor or actress says something about someone no one knows. Tell me you get it that this is happening to women across America. Tell me it has to stop by your own actions.

    Oh wait, this is a message board and I already know how sexist some posters can be so why should I be shocked that the same ones are demanding action on foul treatment of women when they themselves partake if the subject is Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton.

    Sincerely,
    Bite Me

    I did. I did. A man should know who his enemies are.

    Thanks from Pureinheart

  2. #22
    Junior Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,984
    Thanks
    356

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How exactly does being a movie studio head that make him a "Progressive Champion", or anysort of significant leader/spokesperson for Democrats or Liberals?
    Money.......

    How much Harvey Weinstein donated to the Clintons and Obama - Business Insider

  3. #23
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    31,613
    Thanks
    29484

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How exactly does being a movie studio head that make him a "Progressive Champion", or anysort of significant leader/spokesperson for Democrats or Liberals?
    It doesn't, but why let that simple fact ruin a perfectly good whine?
    Thanks from Hollywood

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65,073
    Thanks
    30479

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    So, anyone with money is a "Progressive Champion?"
    Hmmmm, seems to me Donald Trump has a shit-load of money.
    OMG!!!!! that must mean Trump is a................ (fainted dead away from the shock)
    Thanks from NightSwimmer and MaryAnne

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    19,811
    Thanks
    5420

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How exactly does being a movie studio head that make him a "Progressive Champion", or anysort of significant leader/spokesperson for Democrats or Liberals?
    Him being "a movie studio head" does not make him a "Progressive Champion", or any sort of significant leader/spokesman for Democrats and Liberals.

    Fact is he WAS "a movie studio head" who also happened to be a "Progressive Champion" and a significant leader/spokesperson for Democrats and Liberals.

    He chose to use his money and power to be a "Progressive Champion" and a big supporter of Dem/Lib politicians and progressive causes.

    I never heard anyone say that being "a movie studio head" MADE him a Dem/Lib.

    Hollywood is overwhelmingly a Dem/Lib world, though, we all know that.

    He fit right in with that crowd.
    Thanks from Wonderer

  6. #26
    Junior Member Sprockey's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,723
    Thanks
    2139

    From
    Boston
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    If you've ever watched an Oscar acceptance speech then you probably heard of him. At Oscars, Harvey Weinstein Thanked More Than God, According to 2015 Analysis
    Right. I definitely knew who he was.

    What I am missing in this story is what caused it all to blow up this week? It seems like it was well known the guy was a pig. What caused the explosion?
    Thanks from Minotaur and MaryAnne

  7. #27
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,988
    Thanks
    14652

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    So, anyone with money is a "Progressive Champion?"
    Hmmmm, seems to me Donald Trump has a shit-load of money.
    OMG!!!!! that must mean Trump is a................ (fainted dead away from the shock)
    I don't know why you'd find it at all shocking.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    65,073
    Thanks
    30479

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Him being "a movie studio head" does not make him a "Progressive Champion", or any sort of significant leader/spokesman for Democrats and Liberals.

    Fact is he WAS "a movie studio head" who also happened to be a "Progressive Champion" and a significant leader/spokesperson for Democrats and Liberals.

    He chose to use his money and power to be a "Progressive Champion" and a big supporter of Dem/Lib politicians and progressive causes.

    I never heard anyone say that being "a movie studio head" MADE him a Dem/Lib.

    Hollywood is overwhelmingly a Dem/Lib world, though, we all know that.

    He fit right in with that crowd.
    The only reason "we know that" is because you have been repeating it constantly for years now.

  9. #29
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,409
    Thanks
    21315

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockey View Post
    Right. I definitely knew who he was.

    What I am missing in this story is what caused it all to blow up this week? It seems like it was well known the guy was a pig. What caused the explosion?
    There was a report in the New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/u...legations.html
    And then an even worse report in the New Yorker. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-their-stories

  10. #30
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,472
    Thanks
    8920

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    No. I was blissfully unaware of his existence. After all, it's not is if he is a public servant. He did something in the movie industry, didn't he?

    He no longer does, does he?

    I'm okay with that. Anyone who commits serial sexual assault should, at the very least, lose their job.
    ....or just elect him President.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer and MaryAnne

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 354
    Last Post: 16th October 2017, 06:01 PM
  2. Replies: 128
    Last Post: 12th October 2017, 02:07 PM
  3. Lisa Bloom, Weinstein's ATTY quit today.
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th October 2017, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 6th October 2017, 05:10 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 13th May 2013, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed