Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Thanks Tree9Thanks

Thread: Democrats will win the House in 2018

  1. #11
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Shouldn't this thread be in Conspiracy Theories?
    Kind of ironic that you would suggest that, after I defended a thread that you made that was wrongly placed there.

  2. #12
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    It's another word some use for the Spiritual Law of Cause and Effect or What You Sow That You Shall Also Reap.
    I know what it is, I'm simply saying that I don't believe in Karma.

    It's a spiritual law? Don't let "god" catch you violating it, then.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,454
    Thanks
    6744

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Kind of ironic that you would suggest that, after I defended a thread that you made that was wrongly placed there.
    I was being sarcastic.

    I don't think the Democrats will ever win anything significant again until they have a change for the better in leadership.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  4. #14
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I was being sarcastic.

    I don't think the Democrats will ever win anything significant again until they have a change for the better in leadership.
    Me thinks that you have not been watching how this works.

    Ronald Reagan elected 1980:

    The 1982 United States elections were held on November 2. The Democrats gained 27 seats in the United States House of Representatives, cementing their majority in that chamber.

    Bill Clinton elected 1992:

    The 1994 midterm elections saw the Republican Party gain a majority of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives for the first time since 1954. The 54 seat swing in the House ushered in an era of divided government that persisted for the remainder of the 1990s.
    Last edited by Puzzling Evidence; 11th November 2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Thanks from namvet69

  5. #15
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,454
    Thanks
    6744

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Me thinks that you have not been watching how this works.

    Ronald Reagan elected 1980:

    The 1982 United States elections were held on November 2. The Democrats gained 27 seats in the United States House of Representatives, cementing their majority in that chamber.

    Bill Clinton elected 1992:

    The 1994 midterm elections saw the Republican Party gain a majority of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives for the first time since 1954. The 54 seat swing in the House ushered in an era of divided government that persisted for the remainder of the 1990s.
    I am well aware of our political patterns.

    But, one could reasonably argue those patterns went out the window with the election of Trump.

    And, more importantly, the Democratic Party is a party of extremism today, unlike the 80's and 90's.

    The Democratic Party's losses stem form their extremist politics.

    Again, until there is a change in leadership and a move closer back to center, I don't see that party winning anything significant.

  6. #16
    Mad Genius For Hire Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16,339
    Thanks
    6724

    From
    Derpville USA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I am well aware of our political patterns.

    But, one could reasonably argue those patterns went out the window with the election of Trump.

    And, more importantly, the Democratic Party is a party of extremism today, unlike the 80's and 90's.

    The Democratic Party's losses stem form their extremist politics.

    Again, until there is a change in leadership and a move closer back to center, I don't see that party winning anything significant.
    I disagree. Your assertion that democrats are a party of extremest is implausible. If anything, Trump running on a platform of a "Muslim Ban, a wall that Mexico was going to pay for and the dismantling of the ACA amidst unfounded fears of it being broken beyond repair," was the hands down extremist de jour.

    As a POTUS, you get ZERO "style points;" you either get the job done or you don't. It doesn't matter why.
    Thanks from namvet69

  7. #17
    New Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    3

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post


    I get that this is only my opinion, but I feel certain that Democrats will finally win the House next year in the mid term elections.

    The two biggest drivers of how mid-term elections will go are the party of the president and the Generic Congressional Ballot polling. These reasons alone will be enough to sway the pendulum to the other side, especially, when we are deeply embroiled in a criminal investigation into the White House. Any party newly in control of the White House is normally at an automatic disadvantage for the mid-terms in the first place.

    When you also consider how the ACA was consistently bungled by republicans and the fact healthcare is a major issue for most people, it's a given that this will figure into how voters view congress.

    Finally, the amount of unnecessary taunting and a wanton lack of bi-partisanship displayed by current incumbents will create record turn-outs of left leaning voters with a resolve to "take back their country."

    The pendulum always swings back around, this time it will cost the Republicans.....dearly.

    No..but the era of GOP domination is closer to itís end than itís beginning.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,454
    Thanks
    6744

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I disagree. Your assertion that democrats are a party of extremest is implausible. If anything, Trump running on a platform of a "Muslim Ban, a wall that Mexico was going to pay for and the dismantling of the ACA amidst unfounded fears of it being broken beyond repair," was the hands down extremist de jour.

    As a POTUS, you get ZERO "style points;" you either get the job done or you don't. It doesn't matter why.
    Trump won POTUS on that platform.

    Those are mainstream positions, not extreme positions.

    Enough Americans agreed with Trump's platform to vote him into office.

    Democrats have lost over one thousand seats since 08.

    I think it's pretty obvious who the American voters see as the extremist party.

  9. #19
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,554
    Thanks
    17272

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Don't get smart, I'm ALWAYS right and YOU know it.

    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  10. #20
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    44,118
    Thanks
    31450

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    13 Republicans in the House have already retired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th August 2017, 09:01 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th July 2017, 12:16 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 18th July 2017, 09:29 AM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16th July 2017, 03:57 PM
  5. Will democrats face a brutal 2018 senate map?
    By bajisima in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 19th November 2016, 04:57 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed