Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84
Thanks Tree71Thanks

Thread: Is political ideology more important than sexual harrassment or assault?

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,344
    Thanks
    29707

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Nothing happened to it. It is the same as it has always been.

    The political reality is that very, very few people will vote against their political interests. That means Republicans simply will not vote for a Democrat, and vice versa. This is likely even true of the disaffected who have changed their registrations to "Independent" or some such. Those who vote Republican are Republicans no matter what their official affiliations, and the same is true of Democrats. The only difference between the two is that extreme liberals are more likely to vote for an outside candidate (e.g., the Green Party) than extreme conservatives are to vote for the extreme right-wing candidate (e.g., the Constitution Party or some such).
    Well this, and we are all perfectly comfortable with men who sexually harass women at work, judging by our conduct. Most of us would not be moved to do anything about it, and there is no social death associated with this bad behavior.

    I don't know ANY woman who never suffered it. Not ONE.

    The gossip value is not even particularly high, assuming we mean the low level stuff such as telling sexist jokes or agreeing that a woman's physical appearance should dictate who can do certain jobs.

  2. #62
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,092
    Thanks
    32573

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Are you being deliberately obtuse? This man is in prison because he was infamous as a very, very low level sex offender and the police, etc., could not ignore his crime.

    That infamy was achieved via his own career, and his wife's -- and the downside of embarrassing a candidate with so much popular support.

    Your mailman does this same crime, the cops will almost certainly not bother to even take a report.
    He made a big name for himself as being an over the top Congressman.

    He did not get arrested when it was first learned he was sexting girls.

    It was only when he was caught doing it again that he was arrested.


    Which again has nothing to do with Hillary.

  3. #63
    Veteran Member Madeline's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    51,344
    Thanks
    29707

    From
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    He made a big name for himself as being an over the top Congressman.

    He did not get arrested when it was first learned he was sexting girls.

    It was only when he was caught doing it again that he was arrested.


    Which again has nothing to do with Hillary.
    Have it your way.

    Jeeze Louise.

  4. #64
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    50,498
    Thanks
    23920

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Well this, and we are all perfectly comfortable with men who sexually harass women at work, judging by our conduct.
    That depends on who is involved. The ultimate question, really, is that posed by the OP, and the answer is* that political ideology IS more important that sexual harassment or assault. For certain, we will know how Alabama's voters feel about it when we learn the election results.

    * No, not "42." That is the answer to a different ultimate question.
    Thanks from Madeline

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    60,195
    Thanks
    17933

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    What the fuck happened to the family values party?
    They never were the family values party or the law and order party.
    You have been conned Chief.

  6. #66
    Junior Member Idiocracat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,958
    Thanks
    1743

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeline View Post
    Are you being deliberately obtuse? This man is in prison because he was infamous as a very, very low level sex offender and the police, etc., could not ignore his crime.

    That infamy was achieved via his own career, and his wife's -- and the downside of embarrassing a candidate with so much popular support.

    Your mailman does this same crime, the cops will almost certainly not bother to even take a report.
    Poppycock.
    If that was the case, Weiner would be bunking with Trump.

  7. #67
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    28,569
    Thanks
    17278

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    He is in jail over here in Massachusetts, federal prison. Unlikely a "regular" Joe would have ended up there had he done the same thing. Suspect him being a former congressman had something to do with that. Have had to go by that prison when he was first there, media all around it. Made traffic a nightmare.

    Anthony Weiner Starts Serving Sentence At Massachusetts Prison « CBS Boston

    Apparently that was the closest Federal Prison that offered the "sex addict" therapy that Wiener is undergoing.
    Thanks from bajisima

  8. #68
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41,688
    Thanks
    24510

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Apparently that was the closest Federal Prison that offered the "sex addict" therapy that Wiener is undergoing.
    Lots of interesting folks there.

  9. #69
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanks
    416

    From
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ke...cid=spartanntp

    I find this to be strange and alarming... so a company pulls ads from a show due to sexual misconduct and somehow they are the badguys? What the fuck happened to the family values party?
    You asked the question but you’re not interested in the answer.

  10. #70
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanks
    416

    From
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    That depends on who is involved. The ultimate question, really, is that posed by the OP, and the answer is* that political ideology IS more important that sexual harassment or assault.

    Don't you mean 'alleged' sexual harassment or assault?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2nd November 2017, 05:26 PM
  2. Sean Hannity accused of sexual harrassment ......
    By Saladin3 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 24th April 2017, 09:14 PM
  3. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11th December 2013, 06:28 PM
  4. Sexual Harrassment in the Workplace
    By JackDallas in forum Sexuality
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 4th November 2013, 08:11 PM
  5. Sexual Harrassment
    By Blackbeard in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 21st August 2012, 05:56 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed