Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 233
Thanks Tree168Thanks

Thread: To Guys Who Think It's "Hard To Be A Man" Right Now

  1. #1
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,275
    Thanks
    45854

    From
    So. Md.

    To Guys Who Think It's "Hard To Be A Man" Right Now

    Some men do get this. And the past few weeks haven't been what clued them in. But most men are completely clueless about this.

    I myself have had several conversations like this with men over the past two weeks, both men who identify as feminist allies and ones who don't. And there's one aspect that seems to be pretty absent from their consideration: that if you're feeling vigilant and wary of the opposite sex, and are constantly monitoring your relationships with them in the workplace, on public transport, on the street you're getting an insight into what women feel like. All the time. Every day. Yes, the stakes are wildly different because as worried about their reputations as they may be, men don't have to worry about their physical safety around women, as women so often do with men but it's a badly needed dose of reality.
    But what you don't get to do is complain about it because, congratulations, you are now getting a free sample of how women have to act around men all the time.

    In case the flood of experiences shared by the #metoo hashtag didn't make it clear, women encounter behavior that violates our sexual and personal boundaries constantly. From street harassment to people touching us to unwanted comments to physical violence, women are socialized to constantly be on our guard against these threats. And even if we aren't experiencing that right now, we're often, on some level, making plans to counter it if we do. Women in the modern world have trained, to the point of unconscious reflex, for encounters with potential male threat, discomfort, or annoyance. We carry our keys between our fingers on late nights. We wear headphones with the sound off to hear if we're being followed. We get into another train car if the closest one is full of drunk men. We monitor our smiles, arm positions, bodies and words: I don't want to give him the wrong idea. Please don't come near me. Please don't get offended. Please don't assume that my politeness means I'm flirting. Please regard me professionally. Please leave me alone.
    https://www.bustle.com/p/to-guys-who...or-you-3344482

    This is day to day life for women.

    The reality, of course, is that men don't need to feel intensely, fearfully aware of women the way women often have to with men; they just need to, you know, respect women. It's a hard time to be a man who's harassed, abused, or assaulted a woman, and it should be. But it's not a hard time to be a man.
    I just thought men need to know this about women's lives. As the thread I started showed, MOST women have experienced sexual harassment and/or sexual assault. And most women have been accused of "giving the wrong impression" simply by trying to live our lives.
    Thanks from Amelia, Friday13, boontito and 9 others

  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,056
    Thanks
    10977

    From
    By the wall
    Stay away from that chic.

    That's a walking lawsuit waiting to happen.

    Way too much man hate in that woman.
    Thanks from carpe diem

  3. #3
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,275
    Thanks
    45854

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Stay away from that chic.

    That's a walking lawsuit waiting to happen.

    Way too much man hate in that woman.
    Do you understand that what she said is true for most women? And even if you did, you wouldn't give a shit. What she's saying, is what I'm saying. What do you say about that?
    Thanks from Friday13, labrea and Dangermouse

  4. #4
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,056
    Thanks
    10977

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Do you understand that what she said is true for most women? And even if you did, you wouldn't give a shit. What she's saying, is what I'm saying. What do you say about that?
    That I don't give a shit.

    If a woman takes offense at something I say that's her problem.

    I'm not walking on eggshells around them.

    If I want to tell a buddy at work a joke about tits then I will, sorry if it offends the women.

    They'll get over it.
    Thanks from carpe diem and John T Ford

  5. #5
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    27,195
    Thanks
    2521

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Some men do get this. And the past few weeks haven't been what clued them in. But most men are completely clueless about this.





    https://www.bustle.com/p/to-guys-who...or-you-3344482

    This is day to day life for women.



    I just thought men need to know this about women's lives. As the thread I started showed, MOST women have experienced sexual harassment and/or sexual assault. And most women have been accused of "giving the wrong impression" simply by trying to live our lives.
    I choose to not take advise about male female relationships from a misandrist...thank you
    Thanks from John T Ford

  6. #6
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    17,048
    Thanks
    6927

    From
    i'm not real===
    I'm not quite certain what the point of the OP is, I'll take a stab anyway.

    Yes, it is a very hard time to be a man. Why? Because women have bargained their way into being superior to a men. How did it happen? Women wanted to be equal to men; I would not have a problem with equal pay or equal employment opportunities, etc, but how can women be equal if the courts almost always believe a women over a man? How is it that a women can smack a man and a man has to cower in fear? Gender "equality" has destroyed the family unit, has caused irreparable damage to the once respected male leader and created an upside-down society where men must keep their mouth shut while women badmouth them in public right in front of their own kids.

    I'm disgusted with what has become and no -- my girlfriend does not treat me that way or my ass is out the door. Too bad more men don't make a stand.
    Thanks from John T Ford

  7. #7
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23,726
    Thanks
    17228

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Some men do get this. And the past few weeks haven't been what clued them in. But most men are completely clueless about this.





    https://www.bustle.com/p/to-guys-who...or-you-3344482

    This is day to day life for women.



    I just thought men need to know this about women's lives. As the thread I started showed, MOST women have experienced sexual harassment and/or sexual assault. And most women have been accused of "giving the wrong impression" simply by trying to live our lives.
    As someone I know very well said, why in the hell does SHE have to do all the monitoring, guarding, negotiating, playing nice--not too nice, don't do this, don't that, don't wear this, don't wear that, don't say this and for gods sake don't SAY THAT? "IT'S EXHAUSTING."
    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 2nd December 2017 at 09:50 PM.
    Thanks from Babba, labrea and MaryAnne

  8. #8
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,275
    Thanks
    45854

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by spookycolt View Post
    that i don't give a shit.

    If a woman takes offense at something i say that's her problem.

    I'm not walking on eggshells around them.

    If i want to tell a buddy at work a joke about tits then i will, sorry if it offends the women.

    They'll get over it.
    the fucking point is that women have to walk on eggshells all the time! Are you that stupid that you don't get this?!

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    30,324
    Thanks
    23900

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I'm not quite certain what the point of the OP is, I'll take a stab anyway.

    Yes, it is a very hard time to be a man. Why? Because women have bargained their way into being superior to a men. How did it happen? Women wanted to be equal to men; I would not have a problem with equal pay or equal employment opportunities, etc, but how can women be equal if the courts almost always believe a women over a man? How is it that a women can smack a man and a man has to cower in fear? Gender "equality" has destroyed the family unit, has caused irreparable damage to the once respected male leader and created an upside-down society where men must keep their mouth shut while women badmouth them in public right in front of their own kids.

    I'm disgusted with what has become and no -- my girlfriend does not treat me that way or my ass is out the door. Too bad more men don't make a stand.
    If men don't like it, then let them go after the bad behavior in men that gives them all a bad name.
    Thanks from Babba and jacobfitcher

  10. #10
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,275
    Thanks
    45854

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    I choose to not take advise about male female relationships from a misandrist...thank you
    You just got a free sample of what it's like to be a woman, but you don't give a shit about how things are for women. You whiny titty baby.


Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 106
    Last Post: 9th August 2017, 04:48 PM
  2. Political Correctness gone wild "Hard Worker" is offensive/demeaning
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 5th November 2015, 11:36 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 20th April 2015, 10:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th August 2010, 08:57 AM
  5. "This Guys' Head Would Make an Excellent Bong"
    By Burning Giraffe in forum Current Events
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 20th May 2008, 06:48 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed