Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
Thanks Tree34Thanks

Thread: GOP Senator Jeff Flake Makes Anti Roy Moore Statement With Personal Check

  1. #1
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    89,778
    Thanks
    66044

    From
    out of nowhere!

    GOP Senator Jeff Flake Makes Anti Roy Moore Statement With Personal Check

    Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, who's been adamantly opposed to Republican Alabama Senate hopeful Roy Moore, posted a photo Tuesday of a check with his signature on it that was addressed to Moore's Democratic rival, Doug Jones.

    Flake's Twitter account posted the image of the $100 check along with the caption, "Country over Party."

    GOP Sen. Jeff Flake writes check to Democrat opposing Roy Moore - CNNPolitics



    ---

    The "Party over Country" Roy Moore defenders swarming this board right now are going to point at how this is an example of why it's a good thing that Flake isn't running again. I'd counter that this is an example of the kind of people needed in public office. Those not afraid to do what's right even when it goes against their own party.

  2. #2
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    47,124
    Thanks
    36449

    From
    CA
    Well that's great and everything but still he and McCain voted for the horrible GOP tax bills

    Which will effect EVERYONE in this country.

    But I guess it's a good thing he doesn't at least support a child molester.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer and Friday13

  3. #3
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    89,778
    Thanks
    66044

    From
    out of nowhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Well that's great and everything but still he and McCain voted for the horrible GOP tax bills

    Which will effect EVERYONE in this country.

    But I guess it's a good thing he doesn't at least support a child molester.
    It's amazing how far the bar has been lowered in that respect.
    Thanks from Babba, Friday13, HayJenn and 2 others

  4. #4
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,853
    Thanks
    18104

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Republican Sen. Jeff Flake, who's been adamantly opposed to Republican Alabama Senate hopeful Roy Moore, posted a photo Tuesday of a check with his signature on it that was addressed to Moore's Democratic rival, Doug Jones.

    Flake's Twitter account posted the image of the $100 check along with the caption, "Country over Party."

    GOP Sen. Jeff Flake writes check to Democrat opposing Roy Moore - CNNPolitics



    ---

    The "Party over Country" Roy Moore defenders swarming this board right now are going to point at how this is an example of why it's a good thing that Flake isn't running again. I'd counter that this is an example of the kind of people needed in public office. Those not afraid to do what's right even when it goes against their own party.

    Nice symbolic gesture.

    Good visual.


    (Boy is The Donald gonna give that fella a twitter lashing.....!!)
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  5. #5
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    25,650
    Thanks
    6926

    From
    Great State of Texas
    This is how we know we are winning.

    Drain the SWAMP.

    #MAGA

  6. #6
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    47,124
    Thanks
    36449

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    This is how we know we are winning.

    Drain the SWAMP.

    #MAGA


    Yeah really draining the swamp with the tax bill really only helps out big corps and the top 1%

    #delusional
    Thanks from Babba, boontito, Panzareta and 2 others

  7. #7
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    54,514
    Thanks
    26141

    From
    Vulcan
    Trump is the swamp.

  8. #8
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23,044
    Thanks
    21356

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Flake isn't letting his politics decide his morals completely.
    Thanks from Friday13

  9. #9
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Senior Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,286
    Thanks
    5705

    From
    Between everywhere
    Here's the tweet Flake sent out thanks to Axios' PM newsletter:


  10. #10
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    15,480
    Thanks
    12288

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Isn't Flake one of the sons of bitches who voted for Trump's Tax bill?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bannon's next target; Jeff flake
    By BYG Jacob in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18th October 2017, 05:14 PM
  2. Jeff Flake is in real trouble?
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 30th August 2017, 05:54 AM
  3. Jeff Flake's voting record
    By PACE in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd August 2017, 12:23 PM
  4. Jeff Flake and Donald Trump
    By Macduff in forum Current Events
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 8th July 2016, 11:05 AM
  5. Jeff Flake
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 16th July 2013, 03:03 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed