Members banned from this thread: zaangalewa


Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 514
Thanks Tree273Thanks

Thread: California Parents Barred from Opting Kids Out of Mandatory LGBT-Inclusive Textbooks

  1. #401
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,017
    Thanks
    4434

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Good news @ptif219 - You have nothing to fear. You want to know what's in the book? Don't rely on newspaper articles.

    Here is the newly-approved framework for the eighth-grade history curriculum. This is not the textbook itself; but it's the framework around which the book is written.

    Now, most of this is unchanged from previous years. If you want to know what's new, then you'll want to look here. Yes, it mentions the addition of LGBT individuals, but that's only a small part of the additions. I provided a link; you can see it all.

    There is no reason to rely on the news sites. You have the actual framework, and a list of the revisions that wasn't cherry-picked by anyone.
    Bullying is not just about gays. This politics and democrats protecting their special interest groups

  2. #402
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,475
    Thanks
    32662

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin to support the immorality of the democrat party
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You never address my posts or links you only post is troll. You are the troll
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then you did not read the Op link
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Everything you show is about LGBT. You show it is about gays and no one else
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No he was showing what marriage is. That means no room for gays
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Bullying is not just about gays. This politics and democrats protecting their special interest groups

  3. #403
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    46,347
    Thanks
    30736

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Bullying is not just about gays. This politics and democrats protecting their special interest groups
    School texts are ALWAYS being updated. Specifically, what is your objection? I provided the framework, and a list of the changes.

  4. #404
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,210
    Thanks
    4648

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    No he was showing what marriage is. That means no room for gays
    You are still dodging my question. I'll ask it one more time then I'm going to give up.

    Jesus did describe marriage as being between a man and a woman. You are right about that. But he also preached against divorce.

    So how do you feel about divorce? If you are going to suggest that homosexuals should be denied the legal right to marry due to the teachings of Christ - then shouldn't the law also bar divorce by that same logic? Or do you make exceptions for divorce?

  5. #405
    Ignorance Is Virtue BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    10,614
    Thanks
    7231

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Your hatred and racism falls upon deaf ears.

    Propaganda is king with the Democrats.

    The father of propaganda, Joseph Goebbels, would be proud of California.
    Because Geobbels was, of course, a big LGBT fan.
    Thanks from Dangermouse and Leo2

  6. #406
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,017
    Thanks
    4434

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    School texts are ALWAYS being updated. Specifically, what is your objection? I provided the framework, and a list of the changes.
    It is immoral democrats controlling the schools and the text. The GLSEN and unions have great influence on Schools

  7. #407
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,739
    Thanks
    2907

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    I too prefer the old school, only talk about straight, white, and Christians.
    And as usual the libbie arguer jumps to some dramatic straw man argument.

  8. #408
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,017
    Thanks
    4434

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    You are still dodging my question. I'll ask it one more time then I'm going to give up.

    Jesus did describe marriage as being between a man and a woman. You are right about that. But he also preached against divorce.

    So how do you feel about divorce? If you are going to suggest that homosexuals should be denied the legal right to marry due to the teachings of Christ - then shouldn't the law also bar divorce by that same logic? Or do you make exceptions for divorce?
    You are trying to mix things up. Divorce should be avoided. Laws and Divorce were allowed because of mans sins. Divorce is allowed in the case of adultery.

  9. #409
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,830
    Thanks
    9424

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You show you miss the point. Jesus spoke on what marriage is. Gay marriage is not allowed
    Horse-feathers, he most certainly DID NOT. Please post the passage that demonstrates this.

  10. #410
    Veteran Member Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,830
    Thanks
    9424

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Bullying is not just about gays. This politics and democrats protecting their special interest groups
    Who gets bullied MORE than gays?

    Listen, would you like kids to bully gays? Do you think that kids SHOULD bully gays? I was bullied when I was young and it made me a mean person. Is that what you want? For kids to get mistreated? Jesus Christ -- they are just attempting to demonstrate that gays are people too -- not to treat them "special." What is so difficult for you to understand about this?

Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th June 2016, 08:41 PM
  2. Should poor kids be barred from going to the movies?
    By zitiboy in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 1st June 2016, 01:28 PM
  3. Replies: 164
    Last Post: 17th October 2014, 06:50 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th August 2012, 01:45 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed