Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
Thanks Tree33Thanks

Thread: Bob and Sally......

  1. #31
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,501
    Thanks
    13869

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Do we hate each other, Thor? I know that we have had some strong agreements, but I sure do not hate you or believe you to be evil. I have certainly never felt that from you. Too bad not everyone on the left or right thinks that about me.

    Some righties hate me because I voted for Obama -- some liberals hate me because I voted for Trump.
    I don't hate you...and we disagree on some things.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  2. #32
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    17,685
    Thanks
    7219

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    I don't hate you...and we disagree on some things.
    You cheated on me!!!

    ...and you kicked my cat!

  3. #33
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26,443
    Thanks
    7133

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post


    Voting is your choice -- everyone can vote how they want.
    Bob and Sally Movie (1948)

    This relationship drama of strain and hardship picks up when Mr. and Mrs. Wright are at the hospital, waiting for their daughter Helen to give birth to their first grandchild. Doctor Loren Carey soon comes to inform them that the baby was born blind due to the mother having suffered from syphilis. The mother, Helen Cooper, separated from her husband, Jim Cooper, months ago because of his drinking problem.

    After the baby is born, Mr. Wright manages to find Jim, but only to tell him that the baby died at the hospital. Jim is found drinking, hiding in a dodgy part of the town. When he hears the bad news, he starts thinking back of his wedding and the time after.

    At the time of the wedding, Helen's kid sister Sally was dating a boy named Bob Jordan, but they were only sixteen and too young to get married. Mrs. Wright refused to talk to her youngest daughter about the birds and the bees, thinking she was still only a child.

    Soon after, Helen comes back from her honeymoon, alone, and claims to have parted from her husband. Jim comes to the house just moments after, and while Helen speaks to her mother, Jim speaks to Her father. At the end of the evening, when Helen and Jim are alone at home, they manage to reconcile.
    Months later, Jim goes on a bender again, and he and Helen quarrels over a party they were supposed to attend. Again, they manage to make up at the end of the night. At the same time, Sally and Bob go up by car to a romantic spot and have relations with each other.

    When Sally later discovers that she is pregnant, she decides to have an abortion, since they are too young to marry and start a family. Bob protests, but eventually agrees and finds a "doctor" who can perform the procedure. Sally turns to her older sister Helen for advice, but she is occupied with her own problems and dealing with Jim's alcoholism.

    Sally becomes desperate and decides to go through with the procedure. On the day of the appointment, she finds herself alone at the dodgy doctor's office, and goes through the whole horrible procedure alone. Bob has managed to get arrested for stealing his mother's diamond ring to pay the doctor.

    Sally gets ill after the procedure, and faints on the bus home. A friend of her mother's takes her to the hospital, where she recovers, but because of the procedure she will not be able to bear children anymore.

    Sally and Bob finally decide to marry, and their parents realize they have to help the young adults on the way. They ask the help of Dr. Carey, who supplies information to pass on to the youngsters. After Sally and Bob are married, Dr. Carey pays a visit to the unfortunate Helen, telling her about Jim being cured from his drinking problems and wanting to come back to her. When she tells the doctor she is willing to give Jim another chance, the doctor reveals that Jim is with him and sends him in to reconcile with Helen once again.[2]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_and_Sally

  4. #34
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    17,685
    Thanks
    7219

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Bob and Sally Movie (1948)

    This relationship drama of strain and hardship picks up when Mr. and Mrs. Wright are at the hospital, waiting for their daughter Helen to give birth to their first grandchild. Doctor Loren Carey soon comes to inform them that the baby was born blind due to the mother having suffered from syphilis. The mother, Helen Cooper, separated from her husband, Jim Cooper, months ago because of his drinking problem.

    After the baby is born, Mr. Wright manages to find Jim, but only to tell him that the baby died at the hospital. Jim is found drinking, hiding in a dodgy part of the town. When he hears the bad news, he starts thinking back of his wedding and the time after.

    At the time of the wedding, Helen's kid sister Sally was dating a boy named Bob Jordan, but they were only sixteen and too young to get married. Mrs. Wright refused to talk to her youngest daughter about the birds and the bees, thinking she was still only a child.

    Soon after, Helen comes back from her honeymoon, alone, and claims to have parted from her husband. Jim comes to the house just moments after, and while Helen speaks to her mother, Jim speaks to Her father. At the end of the evening, when Helen and Jim are alone at home, they manage to reconcile.
    Months later, Jim goes on a bender again, and he and Helen quarrels over a party they were supposed to attend. Again, they manage to make up at the end of the night. At the same time, Sally and Bob go up by car to a romantic spot and have relations with each other.

    When Sally later discovers that she is pregnant, she decides to have an abortion, since they are too young to marry and start a family. Bob protests, but eventually agrees and finds a "doctor" who can perform the procedure. Sally turns to her older sister Helen for advice, but she is occupied with her own problems and dealing with Jim's alcoholism.

    Sally becomes desperate and decides to go through with the procedure. On the day of the appointment, she finds herself alone at the dodgy doctor's office, and goes through the whole horrible procedure alone. Bob has managed to get arrested for stealing his mother's diamond ring to pay the doctor.

    Sally gets ill after the procedure, and faints on the bus home. A friend of her mother's takes her to the hospital, where she recovers, but because of the procedure she will not be able to bear children anymore.

    Sally and Bob finally decide to marry, and their parents realize they have to help the young adults on the way. They ask the help of Dr. Carey, who supplies information to pass on to the youngsters. After Sally and Bob are married, Dr. Carey pays a visit to the unfortunate Helen, telling her about Jim being cured from his drinking problems and wanting to come back to her. When she tells the doctor she is willing to give Jim another chance, the doctor reveals that Jim is with him and sends him in to reconcile with Helen once again.[2]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_and_Sally
    This is actually kind of tame compared to most of my relationships...

  5. #35
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,501
    Thanks
    13869

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    You cheated on me!!!

    ...and you kicked my cat!
    ?????

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    15,660
    Thanks
    10399

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Oh, for the love of CRACK ALMIGHTY!!!

    That's it -- I tried! Bob doesn't want to see you anymore and he told me that Hilldabeast is going to prison!!!


    ....goes off-line...
    Before the latest revelation about what Trump said about shit hole counties, I just couldn’t forgive somebody for still supporting Trump. Now it’s gone beyond that if you are still a Trump supporter in my world. You are dead to me. I will not contribute a single dollar or vote for anyone that identifies as a Republican as long as Trump stays in office. If this were Germany and Trump were Hitler, what would you do? If you would stay and be friends with the Nazi sympathizer, you’d be no better than him. Psst.
    Last edited by Eve1; 11th January 2018 at 05:03 PM.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,718
    Thanks
    2765

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    Before the latest revelation about what Trump said about shit hole counties, I just couldn’t forgive somebody for still supporting Trump. Now it’s gone beyond that if you are still a Trump supporter and in my world. You are dead to me. I will not contribute a single dollar or vote to anyone that identifies as a Republican as long as Trump stays in office. If this were Germany and Trump were Hitler what would you do? If you would stay and be friends with the Nazi sympathizer you’d be no better than him. Psst.
    Ms. Eve,

    Godwin's Law.

  8. #38
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,439
    Thanks
    17849

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Why would one need to encourage a spouse or children to think independently?

    That in and of itself smacks of control...that one would need to assume the role of emancipator.

    Brilliant.

    Oh, wait.....

  9. #39
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,439
    Thanks
    17849

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Bob and Sally rock...!!
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    15,660
    Thanks
    10399

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Ms. Eve,

    Godwin's Law.
    Only I’m not debating a point. Godwin’s law is used when two or more people are debating something. There is no debating the very real fact Trump is a racist. Ask PE if we are debating that point. You will be surprised to learn it’s not even a question anymore, it’s a fact.

    What you are doing is abusing Godwin's law itself. You use the term as a distraction a diversion miscasting hyperbole when the comparisons made are actually appropriate.
    Last edited by Eve1; 11th January 2018 at 05:09 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sally Brown hopefully the next DNC head.
    By THOR in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th January 2017, 04:53 PM
  2. VA murders likely justified? Is Sally right?
    By mrmike in forum Current Events
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 13th September 2015, 11:49 AM
  3. Sally Ride dies at age 61
    By Divine Wind in forum Current Events
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24th July 2012, 04:42 AM
  4. Sneakin' thru the Alley with Sally...
    By Dharma Bum in forum New Users
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 17th June 2010, 07:32 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed