Members banned from this thread: THOR and vikingbeast


Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 114
Thanks Tree94Thanks

Thread: guess cnn and msnbc don't care if kids are watching.

  1. #91
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,400
    Thanks
    3348

    From
    The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    no we didn't swear as kids. None of us. You really find that to be so unusual?

    Swear in the home and mom would whack you on your mouth.

  2. #92
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    80,738
    Thanks
    43191

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    Well, good morning to you too ! Welcome to 2018, where TRUMP is President, and sets the stage of what is "normal" nowadays.

    I don't like it one bit, but it's the guy you folks made President, who's the reason for the change in society.. Don't tell me you are NOT aware of that.

    It was not normal and the norm for a US President to be a sexual predator either, until very recent. It was not normal for the US President to be a proven pathological liar, who daily insults whoever he feels like in that very moment. Diplomacy was a well accepted and useful part of politics. It's not anymore, not in the US.
    well, same to you. Good morning to 2018. Where people are still held responsible for their own behavior. No, Trump does not get to "set the table" for what's the norm. He's a racist fuck and a pos of a human being. We've had people like that in this country and around the world since the inception of humankind. What good does it do to have standards; to have norms; to have morals, if we're just going to allow someone , like Trump, to give us an excuse to ignore them? Oh and BTW, I voted Hillary.
    Thanks from bajisima

  3. #93
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,510
    Thanks
    16558

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    yes, by all means. Let's lower our own moral standards if only it means criticizing Trump.
    Shithole is minor. We as a society are silently sitting back and the man who said that was discussing Dreamers. All these children raised in America are under threat that this horrible man is going to rip them from their families and send them to a country they have never lived in. That is immoral.

    That comment Trump made caused Dreamers to feel even less safe. We are allowing this to go on and ignoring it.

  4. #94
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,510
    Thanks
    16558

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
    Faux poutrage from the MSM.

    Řbama was turning America into a shit-hole, Hillary would have continued that.
    Your president is a racist pig. People sticking up for him is about their lack of character and morality.
    Thanks from BitterPill

  5. #95
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,510
    Thanks
    16558

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Imagine if Bill Ayers was elected president and then publicly declared FOXNews to be public enemy number one. Imagine how FOXNews would respond. It would kick them into propaganda hyperdrive.

    That is what Trump and his antics have done to CNN and MSNBC. They feel extremely threatened and damaged by Trump and so their only mission is to take him down. Journalistic standards of decency do not matter to them anymore.
    Wrong. News covers presidents even if they are as nuts and racist as this president is.

  6. #96
    Senior Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,203
    Thanks
    7064

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Welll...in his defence, I doubt that watchman was one of the folks who voted for Trump. At worst, he may have helped tip the scales, depending on what state he lives in, by withholding his vote from Hillary.
    I have a lot of respect for watchman, he's a great and highly valued poster here. I did not mean to imply that HE voted for Trump, i would not think that for even a second. The remark of "you folks" was more in general towards "the citizens of the US".

  7. #97
    Senior Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,203
    Thanks
    7064

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    well, same to you. Good morning to 2018. Where people are still held responsible for their own behavior. No, Trump does not get to "set the table" for what's the norm. He's a racist fuck and a pos of a human being. We've had people like that in this country and around the world since the inception of humankind. What good does it do to have standards; to have norms; to have morals, if we're just going to allow someone , like Trump, to give us an excuse to ignore them? Oh and BTW, I voted Hillary.
    Again, i do not like it one single bit either.. but it is a FACT, that the society, and what is expected from politicians, public figures, is changing, and changing drastically, since the creation of the Trump presidency farce.

    Should that be the case ? No, not at all.. but you see it yourself, how politicians now do not speak up against his outrageous behavior, how they downplay some of his stupidity which at other times would have been fully indefensible.. the GOP, guys like Graham, Ryan, have fully turned and are praising and supporting the Dotard now.

    If we like it or not, him sitting in the White house, DOES change public perception, and societal standards of what's acceptable, and what not.

  8. #98
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    80,738
    Thanks
    43191

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Shithole is minor. We as a society are silently sitting back and the man who said that was discussing Dreamers. All these children raised in America are under threat that this horrible man is going to rip them from their families and send them to a country they have never lived in. That is immoral.

    That comment Trump made caused Dreamers to feel even less safe. We are allowing this to go on and ignoring it.
    that attitude tends to just normalize Trump.
    Thanks from bajisima

  9. #99
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    80,738
    Thanks
    43191

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    I have a lot of respect for watchman, he's a great and highly valued poster here. I did not mean to imply that HE voted for Trump, i would not think that for even a second. The remark of "you folks" was more in general towards "the citizens of the US".
    thanks. And I don't expect people to always agree with me just because we have the same, or similar, political ideology. In fact, I actually respect folks more, like yourself, who are honest about their opinions.

  10. #100
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,080
    Thanks
    4028

    From
    AK & ID
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Wrong. News covers presidents even if they are as nuts and racist as this president is.
    Nothing I said was “wrong,” nor does what you say here refute what I said.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st December 2017, 08:09 AM
  2. Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?
    By Daktoria in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 1st October 2013, 01:53 PM
  3. MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community
    By Daktoria in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th April 2013, 01:22 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10th October 2011, 12:46 PM
  5. NASA Seeks To Combat Youth Apathy, But The Kids Don't Seem To Care
    By Freedom for All in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 8th March 2007, 04:02 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed