Members banned from this thread: THOR and vikingbeast


Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114
Thanks Tree94Thanks

Thread: guess cnn and msnbc don't care if kids are watching.

  1. #81
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    so, all day long on both networks they have a headline plastered up on the screen using profanity. You know what word I'm referring to if you've been watching. Why? Because if the point of it all is suppose to be that Trump referred to these countries in a profane manner, that point is lost in their own use of profanity. Way to get right down in the gutter with Trump. They must all be so proud.
    If it's good enough for the president to say in an open meeting, doesn't that make it a perfectly reasonable word to use? After all, we all tell our kids that President is the role model to aspire to...
    Thanks from jacobfitcher

  2. #82
    We choose both. Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    45,963
    Thanks
    27975

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    If it's good enough for the president to say in an open meeting, doesn't that make it a perfectly reasonable word to use? After all, we all tell our kids that President is the role model to aspire to...
    Back in June or July 50% of evangelicals polled said that Trump was a good role model for young people.
    Thanks from Czernobog

  3. #83
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,080
    Thanks
    4028

    From
    AK & ID

    guess cnn and msnbc don't care if kids are watching.

    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    so, all day long on both networks they have a headline plastered up on the screen using profanity. You know what word I'm referring to if you've been watching. Why? Because if the point of it all is suppose to be that Trump referred to these countries in a profane manner, that point is lost in their own use of profanity. Way to get right down in the gutter with Trump. They must all be so proud.
    Imagine if Bill Ayers was elected president and then publicly declared FOXNews to be public enemy number one. Imagine how FOXNews would respond. It would kick them into propaganda hyperdrive.

    That is what Trump and his antics have done to CNN and MSNBC. They feel extremely threatened and damaged by Trump and so their only mission is to take him down. Journalistic standards of decency do not matter to them anymore.

  4. #84
    Senior Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,203
    Thanks
    7064

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    this is all just more bullshit. Again, you know damned well what I'm talking about. As a society it is not the norm to have the word "shit hole" plastered up on the television screen. It's not the norm to have a network using profanity all day.
    Well, good morning to you too ! Welcome to 2018, where TRUMP is President, and sets the stage of what is "normal" nowadays.

    I don't like it one bit, but it's the guy you folks made President, who's the reason for the change in society.. Don't tell me you are NOT aware of that.

    It was not normal and the norm for a US President to be a sexual predator either, until very recent. It was not normal for the US President to be a proven pathological liar, who daily insults whoever he feels like in that very moment. Diplomacy was a well accepted and useful part of politics. It's not anymore, not in the US.
    Thanks from HayJenn

  5. #85
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    51,618
    Thanks
    39664

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Imagine if Bill Ayers was elected president and then publicly declared FOXNews to be public enemy number one. Imagine how FOXNews would respond. It would kick them into propaganda hyperdrive.

    That is what Trump and his antics have done to CNN and MSNBC. They feel extremely threatened and damaged by Trump and so their only mission is to take him down. Journalistic standards of decency do not matter to them anymore.
    Hmmm, what have they reported on Trump that is false??

    Are you denying that Trump made that statement?

  6. #86
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Back in June or July 50% of evangelicals polled said that Trump was a good role model for young people.
    Case in point...

  7. #87
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    Well, good morning to you too ! Welcome to 2018, where TRUMP is President, and sets the stage of what is "normal" nowadays.

    I don't like it one bit, but it's the guy you folks made President, who's the reason for the change in society.. Don't tell me you are NOT aware of that.

    It was not normal and the norm for a US President to be a sexual predator either, until very recent. It was not normal for the US President to be a proven pathological liar, who daily insults whoever he feels like in that very moment. Diplomacy was a well accepted and useful part of politics. It's not anymore, not in the US.
    Welll...in his defence, I doubt that watchman was one of the folks who voted for Trump. At worst, he may have helped tip the scales, depending on what state he lives in, by withholding his vote from Hillary.

  8. #88
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    80,738
    Thanks
    43191

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchboxxy View Post
    If they are in high school, yeah.

    Did you really not swear when you were a kid? When I was a kid I swore worse than I do now because I thought it was cool. And I swear now like a drunk sailor with a broken leg in a Tarantino movie.
    no we didn't swear as kids. None of us. You really find that to be so unusual?

  9. #89
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    80,738
    Thanks
    43191

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    If it's good enough for the president to say in an open meeting, doesn't that make it a perfectly reasonable word to use? After all, we all tell our kids that President is the role model to aspire to...
    what? It was not an "open" meeting. It was private meeting. Plus, other presidents have used profanity before. Trump is the first. The only reason the media is fixated on it this time is because of the racial components. If we're going to use your argument then we can say that at least Trump had enough sense not to speak like that in public. The media makes their living using words and , supposedly, knowing how to communicate. Yet , now, all of the sudden, we're suppose to believe they're incapable of reporting the news accurately without talking like some drunk in a bar?
    Last edited by the watchman; 12th January 2018 at 12:53 PM.

  10. #90
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    10,400
    Thanks
    3348

    From
    The Milky Way
    Faux poutrage from the MSM.

    Øbama was turning America into a shit-hole, Hillary would have continued that.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 21st December 2017, 08:09 AM
  2. Should we care that smart women aren't having kids?
    By Daktoria in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 1st October 2013, 01:53 PM
  3. MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community
    By Daktoria in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th April 2013, 01:22 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10th October 2011, 12:46 PM
  5. NASA Seeks To Combat Youth Apathy, But The Kids Don't Seem To Care
    By Freedom for All in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 8th March 2007, 04:02 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed