Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 292
Thanks Tree118Thanks

Thread: Russians penetrated U.S. voter systems

  1. #41
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Apparently, they stopped.
    Well if Obama was presented with this information, and he laughed and said "the cold war ended"...what does that say about our preparation for this 2016 election?

  2. #42
    Established Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,467
    Thanks
    6305

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto Throttle View Post
    So if Russians "penetrated voter rolls", how did they use that access? Did large numbers of Russians show up at polling places?
    The pronouncement sounds scary but means nothing. Russians also, along with every other hostile entity, certainly "penetrated" Hillary's private server full of classified emails, but that is of no apparent concern... That's kind of weird, isn't it?
    They very certainly did NOT.. as there has until today not ONE single email been leaked from the private server, other than what our own government made public.
    The false flag of her server being unsecured, and penetrated, is the biggest lie you fell for in this whole ordeal of constructed "wanna-be" drama..
    noone , not even the Russians when openly encouraged by Trump, were able to even find ONE email form the private server.. other than all Department of State , DNC and RNC, who all got hacked, with their oh so secure official systems, a the very same time.

    I would invite you to STOP being so gullible and to read / research a little for a change, but obviously our education system has failed you as well, like so many of your peers.
    Thanks from Dangermouse

  3. #43
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,931
    Thanks
    5172

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    George W. Bush: 'Clear evidence Russians meddled' in election

    Former President George W. Bush appeared to take aim at President Trump on Thursday when he said at an economic summit in the Middle East that there was "pretty clear evidence that the Russians meddled" in the 2016 U.S. president election.

    Bush made the comments in a talk in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. He was appearing there as part of a conference put on by the Milken Institute, a think tank based in Santa Monica, California.

    While Bush did not directly name Trump, his comments did appear to target him. Trump has consistently disputed allegations of Russian interference in the election or that members of his campaign team in any way "colluded" with Moscow.
    "Whether (Russia) affected the outcome is another question," Bush added.

  4. #44
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,262
    Thanks
    10467

    From
    Washington State
    They think Bush is a liberal now.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Dangermouse

  5. #45
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,931
    Thanks
    5172

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by HadEnough2 View Post
    They think Bush is a liberal now.
    Yep. Only "liberals" are concerned about Russian meddling in the election. "Conservatives" are more worried about all those millions of illegals who voted for Democrats.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and Dangermouse

  6. #46
    Franken-Stein DemoKKKrats excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,742
    Thanks
    2963

    From
    The Milky Way
    LOL

    In fact, the network acknowledged in Wednesday’s story that it had “reported in Sept. 2016 that more than 20 states had been targeted by the Russians.”

    The only difference in their report over ABC was instead of reporting four states, NBC said “only two successful breaches have been disclosed.”

    But the fact that it was old news didn’t stop MSNBC from running with the story as if it were a major bombshell.
    NBC News stirs paranoia by running 8-month old ?Russian hacking? election story as ?Breaking News?

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    8,686
    Thanks
    1439

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election. In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

    Jeh Johnson, who was DHS secretary during the Russian intrusions, said, "2016 was a wake-up call and now it's incumbent upon states and the Feds to do something about it before our democracy is attacked again."

    We were able to determine that the scanning and probing of voter registration databases was coming from the Russian government." NBC News reported in Sept. 2016 that more than 20 states had been targeted by the Russia

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...op-u-s-n845721

    Maybe it's just me, but seems like THIS is what Congress should be focusing on instead of nonsense memo's.

    This really is a BIG DEAL.
    The Dutch provided tampering with the 2014 elections as well.

    Obama knew about the tampering in 2014, but did nothing to prevent in 2016, even had evidence in 2016 before the election, but chose to sit on his hands so Hillary would face underdog Trump. Kinda backfired.

    Hopefully President Trump will actually do something to keep our elections secure this cycle.

  8. #48
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,927
    Thanks
    18140

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    The U.S. official in charge of protecting American elections from hacking says the Russians successfully penetrated the voter registration rolls of several U.S. states prior to the 2016 presidential election. In an exclusive interview with NBC News, Jeanette Manfra, the head of cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security, said she couldn't talk about classified information publicly, but in 2016, "We saw a targeting of 21 states and an exceptionally small number of them were actually successfully penetrated."

    Jeh Johnson, who was DHS secretary during the Russian intrusions, said, "2016 was a wake-up call and now it's incumbent upon states and the Feds to do something about it before our democracy is attacked again."

    We were able to determine that the scanning and probing of voter registration databases was coming from the Russian government." NBC News reported in Sept. 2016 that more than 20 states had been targeted by the Russia

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...op-u-s-n845721

    Maybe it's just me, but seems like THIS is what Congress should be focusing on instead of nonsense memo's.

    This really is a BIG DEAL.

    Confess i must be missing something in this story. It is certainly inappropriate/annoying (probably illegal) for Russia to be hacking into these registration rolls.

    But not seeing anything in the article suggesting these breeches had any impact on the outcome of the election??


    Little help...??

  9. #49
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    47,617
    Thanks
    36779

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    The Dutch provided tampering with the 2014 elections as well.

    Obama knew about the tampering in 2014, but did nothing to prevent in 2016, even had evidence in 2016 before the election, but chose to sit on his hands so Hillary would face underdog Trump. Kinda backfired.

    Hopefully President Trump will actually do something to keep our elections secure this cycle.
    Then you should be able to back that comment up with you know, an actual link from a unbiased source right??

  10. #50
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    47,617
    Thanks
    36779

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Confess i must be missing something in this story. It is certainly inappropriate/annoying (probably illegal) for Russia to be hacking into these registration rolls.

    But not seeing anything in the article suggesting these breeches had any impact on the outcome of the election??


    Little help...??
    In a nutshell this is what happened. They were able to penetrate the voter rolls in many states. Some of those voter rolls they were able to actually get into and get the person's information. Kind of like when someone get's hacked and their CC numbers are exposed. They did not use the info to swing any votes or change in anything else. It was a "test" run so to speak

    But next time they could very well use the info that they were able to get to change votes and change outcomes of elections. That is why HLS, the CIA and the State Department is sounding big alarms bells like this, as they should because they believe they will use the info next time around.

    So yes, this is a HUGE deal and so far, this administration is doing squat to protect the 2018 mid-terms.
    Thanks from Babba

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump “voter fraud” commission seeking voter data from all states
    By Think for myself in forum Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30th June 2017, 08:43 AM
  2. Russians hacked US voting systems just before election
    By HayJenn in forum Current Events
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 7th June 2017, 11:32 AM
  3. FBI director: Hackers are "poking around" voter systems
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th September 2016, 07:42 AM
  4. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 29th August 2016, 04:07 PM
  5. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11th August 2015, 07:29 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed