Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 87
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: No Stories about Women committing Sexual misconduct.

  1. #11
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    35,393
    Thanks
    30089

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    I disagree about "almost all crime." Drugs? Violence against their partners? Tax evasion? Dunno about that one.



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarc..._United_States


    *A 2014 International Center for Prison Studies report stated that about 33% of all female prisoners in the world are held in the United States.
    I think the point you missed is that women make up less that 10% of the total incarcerated.

    That means a 1.4% of the 90%[males] is still extremely higher than the 1.9% of the 10%[female] even though 1.9 is larger than 1.4...as percentages go.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,745
    Thanks
    34592

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Ok, guys, let us get real. Some women are vicious. That is no excuse for not having this disclosure. But there are men who are abused by their wives. Most are ashamed to admit it.

    I know one case personally right now. The guy is afraid he will lose his kids. The woman is pulling every trick in the book to both use and abuse him.

    I am really glad she is not in my family because I would probably be in jail!

    So do not let us get holier than thou.
    Thanks from johnflesh, Leo2 and Slartibartfast

  3. #13
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,745
    Thanks
    34592

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    I think the point you missed is that women make up less that 10% of the total incarcerated.

    That means a 1.4% of the 90%[males] is still extremely higher than the 1.9% of the 10%[female] even though 1.9 is larger than 1.4...as percentages go.
    In many cases men get the short end of the stick.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    63,503
    Thanks
    20273

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    That I have seen.
    Very few stories about about blind NFL quarterbacks too.
    What's up with that?
    Thanks from HadEnough2, Babba and NightSwimmer

  5. #15
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,003
    Thanks
    2569

    From
    ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    Yes, a few women have been accused of sexual misconduct. But the number is miniscule compared to the men who have been accused. First, men are more predisposed because of our culture. Second, many fewer women are in positions of power. Exactly what is the point the OP is trying to make?
    Yeah, I don't know if those are the reasons for the discrepancy, definitely not the only ones, or the main ones for that matter.

  6. #16
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,003
    Thanks
    2569

    From
    ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Ok, guys, let us get real. Some women are vicious. That is no excuse for not having this disclosure. But there are men who are abused by their wives. Most are ashamed to admit it.

    I know one case personally right now. The guy is afraid he will lose his kids. The woman is pulling every trick in the book to both use and abuse him.

    I am really glad she is not in my family because I would probably be in jail!

    So do not let us get holier than thou.
    Oh, no doubt. It's considered sexual assault if a guy pokes a whole in the condom and the woman gets pregnant. Aggravated sexual assault if a child is born from that.

    Women can poke a whole in the condom, lie to the man that they are on birth control, basically coerce someone into impregnating them, and that's not even considered fraud.

    They also can legally hold the father financially responsible for child support payments for 18-26 years. And if he refuses he goes to jail. And the women gets money from the government too to help raise the child that she tricked someone into making.

    All the while she's seen seen as the victim, the single mom with the deadbeat dad who can't even support his own child that he never stuck around for (no matter that he found out he even had a kid months or years later).
    Thanks from Slartibartfast

  7. #17
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,606
    Thanks
    48881

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post
    Yeah, I don't know if those are the reasons for the discrepancy, definitely not the only ones, or the main ones for that matter.
    So what do you think accounts for it?

  8. #18
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanks
    9860

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    This is true of virtually any crime. If a man kills his wife, it makes local and perhaps regional news. When a wife kills her husband, it makes national news.

    ... I just looked it up. Worldwide, 95% of people convicted of homicide / murder are male.

    (Source - page 13 - per printed page #s)
    And they usually kill or commit violence on their spouses. Really sad.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanks
    9860

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    That I have seen.

    My wife included. I wish she would assault me now and then.
    Thanks from MaryAnne

  10. #20
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,003
    Thanks
    2569

    From
    ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    So what do you think accounts for it?
    Biological and evolutionary differences. It is not our culture that is the reason since in every single culture men commit the overwhelming majority of crimes, so that would be a human universal. There is a much larger fitness variance between males than there are women. Throughout our history, we were mostly polygynous, so some males would get to have most of the children while conversely basically all women got to. This caused males to become much more competitive in getting mates. That is the driving force behind the crime discrepancy, the male competition for mates.

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...als-men-part-i

    Because women prefer to mate with men of high status and good reputation, a man’s status and reputation directly correlates with his reproductive success; the higher the status and the better the reputation of the man, the more reproductively successful he is. Men are therefore highly motivated (albeit unconsciously) to protect their honor, and often go to extreme lengths to do so. Daly and Wilson thus explain homicides between men in terms of their (largely unconscious) desire to protect their status and reputation in their attempt to gain reproductive access to women.

    Rape may appear to be an exception to this reasoning because, unlike murders and assaults, the victims of rape are usually women, and there is therefore no male competition for status and reputation. However, the same psychological mechanism that compels men to gain reproductive access to women by competing with each other can also motivate men to commit rape. Predatory rapists are overwhelmingly men of lower class and status, who have very dim prospects of gaining legitimate reproductive access to women. While it is not a manifestation of male intrasexual competition and violence, rape may be motivated by men’s psychological mechanisms that urge them to gain reproductive access to women illegitimately when they do not have the legitimate means to do so.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. All these allegations of sexual misconduct
    By Ian Jeffrey in forum Current Events
    Replies: 306
    Last Post: 1st December 2017, 08:14 PM
  2. Trump says he'll sue sexual misconduct accusers.
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24th October 2016, 05:59 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 15th October 2016, 09:22 AM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 27th April 2016, 03:57 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed