Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thanks Tree7Thanks

Thread: Going to try and get my neighbor to vote for he first time

  1. #1
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanks
    9860

    From
    Indiana

    Going to try and get my neighbor to vote for he first time

    He claims he doesn't because his vote won't make a difference. And I have an ulterior motive: He despises Trump so I think I can get him to vote democratic.

    Anybody persuade anybody to vote?

  2. #2
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    61,030
    Thanks
    30268

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    He claims he doesn't because his vote won't make a difference.

  3. #3
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,158
    Thanks
    415

    From
    california
    You mean in 2020? If that's his conviction he should be encouraged but of course not strong armed.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanks
    9860

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGuy View Post
    You mean in 2020? If that's his conviction he should be encouraged but of course not strong armed.
    No, starting with the midterms 2018.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 12th February 2018 at 01:05 PM.

  5. #5
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,158
    Thanks
    415

    From
    california
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    No starting with the midterms 2018.
    So vote Democrats for congress then ok.

  6. #6
    Shitposting Rank 4 Missle Command Champion johnflesh's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    21,036
    Thanks
    11261

    From
    Colorado
    I have tried. The "it doesn't make a difference" stance does make sense. Especially when you spend your time with due diligence, going to vote, casting the vote - and then you are told countless time that the election was rigged by both your political friends and opponents, depending on the election.

    So at the very least, its understandable.

  7. #7
    olguy OlGuy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,158
    Thanks
    415

    From
    california
    In California, as far as the electoral college goes and most other calstate elections, voting for anything other than Democrat is pretty much a waste of time. Probably one reason Bernie didn't go independent.

  8. #8
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,260
    Thanks
    22894

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    That cartoon's a good start, but how close is your local race likely to be? Roy Moore is an example of the swing away from Trumpism, then you have all the "tax" money from ordinary people pouring in to support folk like Randy Bryce standing against Ryan, or other underdogs who now have a chance in any upcoming special elections between now and the mid-terms?

  9. #9
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    20,815
    Thanks
    8919

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by johnflesh View Post
    I have tried. The "it doesn't make a difference" stance does make sense. Especially when you spend your time with due diligence, going to vote, casting the vote - and then you are told countless time that the election was rigged by both your political friends and opponents, depending on the election.

    So at the very least, its understandable.
    Elections aren't rigged, it is the people who allow falsehoods to rule the political landscape.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    17,937
    Thanks
    9860

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGuy View Post
    In California, as far as the electoral college goes and most other calstate elections, voting for anything other than Democrat is pretty much a waste of time. Probably one reason Bernie didn't go independent.
    And it's just the opposite here in Indiana. Independent voters like me and democrats are vastly outnumbered. I don't know how many times I've had people automatically assume I'm a republican or I hated Obama.

    Indiana did after all put Trump over the top in the primaries. People were lined up out the door to vote for Trump because the was going to drain the swamp and Hillary was a crook. Derp!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Time to vote for PH man of the year!
    By Dittohead not! in forum Opinion Polls
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 29th November 2017, 11:03 AM
  2. Franken, one vote at a time..........
    By Stinger in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 16th August 2008, 03:33 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed