Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 313
Thanks Tree159Thanks

Thread: Hardening of our Schools

  1. #11
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,562
    Thanks
    71878

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Here's the big difference, these shelters in the schools, locking down the schools, arming of our teachers... These things will save lives if an attack happens tomorrow. Gun bans, enhanced background checks? Maybe they'll save lives in a couple decades.
    Hardening the school is an excellent idea. But if all you do is harden the inside of the school, the killing field is just moved to the entrance, tbe pickup/dropoff line, the bus stop, football field, or the bus itself.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,069
    Thanks
    7585

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    But you cant possibye "harden" the entire country, parks, playgrounds, theaters, shopping malls, wherever people congregate, they become targets for mass shooters, none of these "arming the teachers" type of solutions does one damn thing to stop the basic situation, easy access to military grade weaponry for anybody and everybody.
    And you can't possibly get all the weapons that can kill people off the streets. Hell, even if all the ones in the USA vaporized overnight, you Democrats oppose securing the borders. The guns can flow from the south.

  3. #13
    New Member SunsetRose's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    189
    Thanks
    209

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    My sister has been a teacher for over 20 years. Within the last two weeks her building was locked down and then evacuated when a suspicious package was found down the hall from her room. A student noticed it, thought something was wrong about it, and then picked it up and brought it to the office. Bomb squad had to be called and it was an explosive. It wasn't huge but the said it would've been able to take the arm off of anyone who handled it wrongly. The kid is in her class and she has a good relationship with him. She told him that from now on it's "see something, say something" and not "see something, pick it up and walk around with it, say something".

    They had a school assembly to instruct kids on what specifically to do about suspicious packages.

    She also said that for the first time in her career, again over 20 years, she now teaches with her door locked.
    My heart goes out to teachers now. I don't know if I could do their job.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,069
    Thanks
    7585

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    How many first graders do you think is a fair amount of "trigger-kids" per school shooting ?
    Enough that those of you on the left can use those dead kids as fodder to try and push your anti-gun political agenda.
    Thanks from John T Ford

  5. #15
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,132
    Thanks
    20122

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    My sister has been a teacher for over 20 years. Within the last two weeks her building was locked down and then evacuated when a suspicious package was found down the hall from her room. A student noticed it, thought something was wrong about it, and then picked it up and brought it to the office. Bomb squad had to be called and it was an explosive. It wasn't huge but the said it would've been able to take the arm off of anyone who handled it wrongly. The kid is in her class and she has a good relationship with him. She told him that from now on it's "see something, say something" and not "see something, pick it up and walk around with it, say something".

    They had a school assembly to instruct kids on what specifically to do about suspicious packages.

    She also said that for the first time in her career, again over 20 years, she now teaches with her door locked.
    It's sad that our youth are being subjected to such a degree of domestic terrorism, directed by a legal gun lobby group, using home grown terrorists as their goons.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,069
    Thanks
    7585

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Hardening the school is an excellent idea. But if all you do is harden the inside of the school, the killing field is just moved to the entrance, tbe pickup/dropoff line, the bus stop, football field, or the bus itself.
    And I'm sure you all will oppose people in those locations being armed, too. Like the shooters, Democrats prefer victims be unarmed.
    Thanks from John T Ford

  7. #17
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,132
    Thanks
    20122

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Enough that those of you on the left can use those dead kids as fodder to try and push your anti-gun political agenda.
    Why do you insist on supporting terrorists?

  8. #18
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,629
    Thanks
    4832

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Harden our schools. That terminology comes straight from Wayne LaPierre's mouth. Never heard that term before I saw him on a TV interview after the shootings. Of course he was quick to defend the "right" of the shooter to own a weapon of war and accused the media of "hysterics"

    Shortly thereafter I saw the Yellow scourge on TV right after the so-called "listening" session with the teens who survived the massacre and he was using that same "hardening" term. So much for listening, huh? Let's all guess what side he'll settle on. First the GOP leadership who took tons o' cash from the NRA gets in his ear and then the NRA and suddenly all the tales told by those kids mean zero to Trump, who also took lots o money from the NRA.

    Now it'll be a chorus of "They want to take all our guns away." Not true but what does truth have to do with Trump or the NRA? Zero. Those kids will have died in vain because of the gun lobby and a President with no balls. This will open the door to other weapons of war getting into the hands of idiots and sick people. Why not a tripod mounted 50 Caliber in the bed of your pickup truck? Why not? It's only slightly more ridiculous than an AR. Folks can already possess a handgun called a Desert Eagle that fires 50 Cal.

    I hope the loss of those kid's lives at least causes a bigger than usual turnout come November. We need to get rid of all politicians that take money from the gun lobby, both GOP and Democrats. If we can't get these bloody massacres out of our country maybe we can at least get rid of the blood money.
    Thanks from Panzareta, BitterPill and Babba

  9. #19
    Senior Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,458
    Thanks
    7383

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Enough that those of you on the left can use those dead kids as fodder to try and push your anti-gun political agenda.
    Now that's lame, and cheap.. you know we do this just the same if it be one, or 12 trigger kids..


    Come on, give a number. It's your plan after all.

  10. #20
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,562
    Thanks
    71878

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    And I'm sure you all will oppose people in those locations being armed, too. Like the shooters, Democrats prefer victims be unarmed.
    Who is "you all"? I'm for all laws being followed, including conceal-carry where allowed.

    Or is this like someone saying you're against any measures that would deny the potential school shooter from having the tool of his choice to murder our children with?
    Thanks from namvet69

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th October 2014, 04:25 PM
  2. Gun VS Schools
    By TrueMan in forum Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11th August 2014, 12:36 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th March 2013, 08:24 AM
  4. Real free market schools outperform public schools
    By NonPartisanCapitalist in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 8th October 2012, 01:20 PM
  5. American schools vs Japanese schools
    By questionmark in forum Education
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25th August 2006, 07:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed