Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 313
Thanks Tree159Thanks

Thread: Hardening of our Schools

  1. #61
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,069
    Thanks
    7585

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    But hardening the school doesn't stop anyone from mowing those same kids down in front of the school, true?

    I'm on board with hardening the schools. Is there anything at all that you're willing to do that would have any effect on the shooter's access to guns or possibly specific guns themselves though?

    I'm willing to approach a solution with you from both inside and outside the school. You seem to only want to approach from one angle while protecting the shooter's interest on the other side.
    Neither will anything that your side has proposed.

  2. #62
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    52,517
    Thanks
    40394

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    What is important is that the liberals maintain a certain level of violence and tragedy to continue pushing their agenda.

    Do not be fooled.

    The LEFT is NOT interested in protecting our children.
    The irony of this post

    Seriously

    But par for course with you
    Thanks from NeoVsMatrix and Blues63

  3. #63
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,466
    Thanks
    10866

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    What is important is that the liberals maintain a certain level of violence and tragedy to continue pushing their agenda.

    Do not be fooled.

    The LEFT is NOT interested in protecting our children.
    No what is important is that the right maintain a callous disregard for the tragedy while they continue their bizarre fetish worship of guns.

    They don't care if adding more guns will just increase the odds that more innocent people will get shot, and they don't care that in real life it won't be like Bruce Willis in Die Hard. They'll just keep fantasizing anyway. They'll say it's a mental health problem, but they really don't give a shit about that either. They'll just sit on their hands and watch the gun deaths rack up, year after year, racking brains for a solution, but coming up empty.

  4. #64
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,562
    Thanks
    71878

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Neither will anything that your side has proposed.
    My side?

    I'm talking me. I'm proposing the exact same thing you are. The exact same thing. Hardening our schools. But you want to stop there when you know that it's far short of the goal of having fewer mass shootings.

  5. #65
    Senior Member NeoVsMatrix's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,457
    Thanks
    7382

    From
    NY
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Why is everything about gun control with liberals .... none of which will do the first thing to protect children from the next school shooter.

    You want to talk gun control ..... FINE

    But, can we talk common sense here about what needs to be done to protect the children first?
    Nope .. gun control first.. eliminate the TOOL first, after all the times you failed addressing the elephant in the room.

    Once you got SOMETHING done in this area.. we can talk about making schools like high security prisons.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,888
    Thanks
    7576

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    No what is important is that the right maintain a callous disregard for the tragedy while they continue their bizarre fetish worship of guns.

    They don't care if adding more guns will just increase the odds that more innocent people will get shot, and they don't care that in real life it won't be like Bruce Willis in Die Hard. They'll just keep fantasizing anyway. They'll say it's a mental health problem, but they really don't give a shit about that either. They'll just sit on their hands and watch the gun deaths rack up, year after year, racking brains for a solution, but coming up empty.
    Nothing you comment will protect children from the next school shooting.

    I rest my case.

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    37,069
    Thanks
    7585

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    Nope .. gun control first.. eliminate the TOOL first, after all the times you failed addressing the elephant in the room.

    Once you got SOMETHING done in this area.. we can talk about making schools like high security prisons.
    Thanks for showing us that you are only after the political win and that you don't give a damn about the dead kids. It's all about that gun control. And you wonder why the Democrats aren't in charge of anything. Democrats run New York, why haven't you all banned all guns there, yet? Oh right, it's unconstitutional.

  8. #68
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,466
    Thanks
    10866

    From
    Work
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Nothing you comment will protect children from the next school shooting.

    I rest my case.
    Ummm... wha?

  9. #69
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,888
    Thanks
    7576

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoVsMatrix View Post
    Nope .. gun control first.. eliminate the TOOL first, after all the times you failed addressing the elephant in the room.

    Once you got SOMETHING done in this area.. we can talk about making schools like high security prisons.
    Gun control will not protect the children from the next school shooter anymore than it will prevent the next gun murder in Chicago.

    You guys are either delusional or truly trying to prevent any common sense efforts to protect the children.

  10. #70
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,562
    Thanks
    71878

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Thanks for showing us that you are only after the political win and that you don't give a damn about the dead kids. It's all about that gun control. And you wonder why the Democrats aren't in charge of anything. Democrats run New York, why haven't you all banned all guns there, yet? Oh right, it's unconstitutional.
    You can't seriously say someone else doesn't give a damn about the dead kids when you're taking the pro-school-shooter position of extremists.
    Thanks from HCProf, Babba and Panzareta

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24th October 2014, 04:25 PM
  2. Gun VS Schools
    By TrueMan in forum Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11th August 2014, 12:36 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th March 2013, 08:24 AM
  4. Real free market schools outperform public schools
    By NonPartisanCapitalist in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 8th October 2012, 01:20 PM
  5. American schools vs Japanese schools
    By questionmark in forum Education
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25th August 2006, 07:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed