Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79
Thanks Tree57Thanks

Thread: 80% of mass shooters showed no interest in video games

  1. #21
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,888
    Thanks
    7576

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Oh that's easy to answer. TDS.
    OK

    But, how will the MSM changing it's position here affect the President?

  2. #22
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,947
    Thanks
    49413

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    There is no question that bullying causes chronic stress and anxiety. It's not a question of it could. It does.

    Obviously not every student who is bullied is going to become a school shooter. But if 1 in 20 students are dropping out of school due to bullying then that proves just how serious its effects are. Students who are bullied also tend to withdraw and become isolated. Another trait often seen in these school shooters. The fact 1 in 4 teachers don't see bullying as a serious problem doesn't help this situation either.

    http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrgD...TbTHHsA_hxDZA-

    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9...OXVSsQLaHBY0A-

    Bullying also lead to depression, suicide... substance abuse. You name it.

    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awrg...CJ3m71.2Qcjag-

    http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrgD...wnNS_tf4PC4b0-

    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awrg...Uk4DyJWfeZjLA-
    You're not getting what I'm saying. I agree with you that people who are bullied experience chronic stress and anxiety. My argument is that I'm not convinced that people who are bullied and experience those things are involved in many mass shootings. My argument is that bullying isn't a substantial contributing factor in mass shootings or that I've seen no evidence that it is.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    OK

    But, how will the MSM changing it's position here affect the President?
    I doubt it will have any impact on the President. But I suspect he will get sufficient blow back from his own supporters to abandon any plans he might have had to regulate video games.

    Trump was elected to confront illegal immigration and trade reform. If he veers off on some unpopular social crusade against video games or guns it will damage him politically and I believe this President is smart enough to realize that.

  4. #24
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,947
    Thanks
    49413

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I think the bigger question here would be why the sudden shift in opinion from the MSM?

    Up until this week, the MSM has always blamed video games for mass shootings.
    I don't know that the msm has blamed video games. They merely report what people say.
    Thanks from boontito

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    You're not getting what I'm saying. I agree with you that people who are bullied experience chronic stress and anxiety. My argument is that I'm not convinced that people who are bullied and experience those things are involved in many mass shootings. My argument is that bullying isn't a substantial contributing factor in mass shootings or that I've seen no evidence that it is.
    Why do you say that though?

    It has already been proven that bullying causes depression, suicide and mental health problems. It causes students to become withdrawn and isolated - and all of these symptoms are almost always present in these school shooters.

    It seems to me we are ignoring the obvious here.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,888
    Thanks
    7576

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    I don't know that the msm has blamed video games. They merely report what people say.
    A simple Google search of past news reports about video games and mass shootings clearly reveals the MSM has changed it's position this week.

  7. #27
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,947
    Thanks
    49413

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Why do you say that though?

    It has already been proven that bullying causes depression, suicide and mental health problems. It causes students to become withdrawn and isolated - and all of these symptoms are almost always present in these school shooters.

    It seems to me we are ignoring the obvious here.
    I don't have a problem with exploring the possibility. I'm just saying I've seen nothing to link the two.

  8. #28
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    67,947
    Thanks
    49413

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    A simple Google search of past news reports about video games and mass shootings clearly reveals the MSM has changed it's position this week.
    It would only prove what they've reported.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,123
    Thanks
    4617

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    I don't have a problem with exploring the possibility. I'm just saying I've seen nothing to link the two.
    So the fact that so many of these school shooters are reported to have been bullied at school - and it's been proven that bullying causes mental health problems doesn't look like a link to you?

    It seems like an obvious connection to me. Certainly more credible than this video game nonsense.

    When you have 1 in 20 students dropping out of school due to bullying that alone proves what a serious problem it is. It's also already been proven that school bullying leads to students committing suicide. Seems clear to me that if it it can lead someone to shoot themselves it could lead them to shoot others as well.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 10th March 2018 at 08:53 AM.

  10. #30
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    22,043
    Thanks
    11587

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Babba View Post
    You're not getting what I'm saying. I agree with you that people who are bullied experience chronic stress and anxiety. My argument is that I'm not convinced that people who are bullied and experience those things are involved in many mass shootings. My argument is that bullying isn't a substantial contributing factor in mass shootings or that I've seen no evidence that it is.
    I think it is a lot of contributing factors. The problem is, no one is paying attention until they commit a mass shooting. Looking back, all of them had red alerts, the Orlando shooter was on a watch list and was refused a gun, reported to the FBI, and managed to obtain a gun. Adam Lanza was a tortured soul with a history of mental illness and his Mother bought his guns for him. Cruz...many, many red flags...no one reacted to them. This is just three that come to mind. Even terrorist attacks had red flags....the Boston Bombers, San Bernadino, etc. I think the Nation needs to start taking "words" seriously and people close to these murderers need to pay attention and receive the help that they need.
    Thanks from boontito, Babba, bajisima and 1 others

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mass shooters, Doctor Who and The Matrix
    By Robert Urbanek in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st March 2018, 07:57 AM
  2. Mass shooters are Democrats
    By Dittohead not! in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd February 2018, 08:16 AM
  3. MSM keeps Mass Shooters Profiles a Secret
    By Old Ridge Runner in forum Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 17th December 2013, 12:35 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18th September 2013, 02:22 PM
  5. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 27th December 2012, 10:10 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed