Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52
Thanks Tree10Thanks

Thread: The capital of America's gun industry hates guns

  1. #41
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,360
    Thanks
    6771

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    There is nothing tautological about my post. There is no overlap.
    Incorrect. My post explained your tautologies adequately, however, you are welcome to demonstrate where I am at fault here. However, I have logic on my side.

    Automobiles are used in crime and wars. The Automotive Council for War Production in April 1942 specifically made automobile and vehicles for war and to facilitate killing or directly kill.
    The purpose is transportation. You are grasping at straws here, however, I'll play: sure they can be used to kill, but then they are fitted (wait for it) with a gun.

    Your assessment of the Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment, and the Constitution is shared by a special group of people and the Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment, and the Constitution were created to protect the country from a special group of people. In the long run, the Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment, and the Constitution will prevail against a special group of people. Thousands of years of history dictate that happening. That is why the Queen is not on our money.
    As a qualified historian I know all that, even the specifics, however, it is all immaterial to my point. It remains anachronistic owing to the qualifier I mentioned.
    Last edited by Blues63; 11th March 2018 at 07:59 PM.

  2. #42
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    504

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    Incorrect. My post explained your tautologies adequately, however, you are welcome to demonstrate where I am at fault here.



    The purpose is travel. You are grasping at straws. Sure they can be used for war, but then they are fitted (wait for it) with a gun.



    As a qualified historian I know all that, however, it is all immaterial to my point.
    Your post demonstrates how the anti-firearms cabal needs to classify firearms, which is an agenda driven classification devoid of a factual and conventional basis.

    I gave one example of how vehicles are used for war and most were not equipped with weapons. Automobiles are used as instruments in crime thousands of times each day.

    Your point has no historical basis and has always been on the wrong side of history and alway will. Thousands of years of recorded history dictates that.

  3. #43
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,360
    Thanks
    6771

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    Your post demonstrates how the anti-firearms cabal needs to classify firearms, which is an agenda driven classification devoid of a factual and conventional basis.
    It does not and it is clear that your comprehension needs work. My post merely explains the design aims of firearms.

    I gave one example of how vehicles are used for war and most were not equipped with weapons. Automobiles are used as instruments in crime thousands of times each day.
    The design is for transportation is it not? Even when transporting a gun. Demonstrate where or why this is false.

    Your point has no historical basis and has always been on the wrong side of history and alway will. Thousands of years of recorded history dictates that.
    Demonstrate where I am wrong. However, judging by your response I feel that you don't quite understand my point. Having said that, your fallacious arguments from assertion are becoming tiresome.
    Last edited by Blues63; 11th March 2018 at 08:09 PM.

  4. #44
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    504

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    It does not and it is clear that your comprehension needs work. My post merely explains the design aims of firearms.



    The design is for transportation is it not? Even when transporting a gun. Demonstrate where or why this is false.



    Demonstrate where I am wrong. However, judging by your response I feel that you don't quite understand my point. Having said that, your fallacious arguments from assertion are becoming tiresome.
    You gave an anti-gun "design aims of firearms," which is divorced from the myriad purposes of various firearms.

    I explained the use of vehicles in war and the use of vehicles in crime.

    I would assume that "as a qualified historian I know all that, even the specifics...," you would have an understanding of failures in world history regarding forcing sovereign states into a unitary type of government.

  5. #45
    DEEP STATE CEO Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,360
    Thanks
    6771

    From
    SPECTRE HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    You gave an anti-gun "design aims of firearms," which is divorced from the myriad purposes of various firearms.
    I explained the design principles adequately and you have not disproven my contention. All you've done is build straw man arguments and argued from assertion while failing to address my highly cogent points. 'Killing' is the primary aim of the design behind the invention. You could stick a rifle up your arse and call it a 'use' but it is not an argument.

    I explained the use of vehicles in war and the use of vehicles in crime.
    So did I. The key word you are failing to comprehend is 'design'. Transportation is the principle behind the design of the motor vehicle.

    I would assume that "as a qualified historian I know all that, even the specifics...," you would have an understanding of failures in world history regarding forcing sovereign states into a unitary type of government.
    I do, and your straw man argument is irrelevant. You do not understand where the 'anachronism' lies, obviously.

    Again you failed to demonstrate where I supposedly went wrong. If you can't, we are done. I'm not into spending time on those who argue fallaciously or becoming mired in circular arguments.
    Last edited by Blues63; 11th March 2018 at 10:16 PM.

  6. #46
    A Character Tennyson's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,266
    Thanks
    504

    From
    Barsoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    I explained the design principles adequately and you have not disproven my contention. All you've done is build straw man arguments and argued from assertion while failing to address my highly cogent points. 'Killing' is the primary aim of the design behind the invention. You could stick a rifle up your arse and call it a 'use' but it is not an argument.

    So did I. The key word you are failing to comprehend is 'design'. Transportation is the principle behind the design of the motor vehicle.

    I do, and your straw man argument is irrelevant. You do not understand where the 'anachronism' lies, obviously.

    Again you failed to demonstrate where I supposedly went wrong. If you can't, we are done. I'm not into spending time on those who argue fallaciously or becoming mired in circular arguments.
    You gave your version of design, which is not germane to the subject, and is negated by what orginal designs morph into.

    You are changing the subject regarding automobiles, which would be necessary.

    It is not a matter of going wrong; it is a matter of lacking basal knowledge of world history.

    The arguments you have provided are pregnant with social justice warrior platitudes and talking points, which are intellectual black holes, and are devoid of original thought. As with social justice warriors, there is no substance; causes are not addressed, which you avoided attempted; and the focus is on whatever symptom gives the most mileage.

    I would say we are done as this considering the above.

  7. #47
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,587
    Thanks
    213

    From
    Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennyson View Post
    I use the FBI crime data. It changes everything
    It changes nothing. In 2050 will die more than a 100,000 people because of such idiocies. Today is the first day of the future. Change the bad future now - replace it with a better perspective. I don't have any idea why the USA needs the own children to tell this the USA. And I ask myself why the USA seems to be deaf.

    as you used the total for all homicides as firearm 7

    If you want to call the NRA a criminal organization,
    It is an extremely criminal organization. Profits for weapons are private profits. Security costs are public costs. From my point of view has someone who propagates free weapons for everyone to pay for every lost life which this propaganda had caused.

    who would the Drafters and Ratifiers of the Second Amendment call a criminal organization,
    This propagandistic "second ammendement"-bullshit has nothing to do with the reality. The current growing problems of the USA started about 50 years ago. The second ammendement is older. And even if it would be the real problem - then tear it out. You are the USA. You can do with your own constitution whatever you like to do with.

    the NRA who is defending the Second Amendment they created, or anti-gun liberals wanting to dismantle the Second Amendment they created?
    If it's written shit in your constitution then do not use it as toilet paper or for weapon laws. Change it. Perhaps Japan can help and send some gunboats against the NRA, because commander Perry in 1853 ... one moment: was this the deeper reason for Pearl Harbor? An amused revenge of the Japanese? ... Whatever ... : Today your weapons kill your own children. Your decision what's more important: Your weapons or your children. I'm for sure on the side of life and the children and young people. I want to see them alive and to be able to be happy.

    Last edited by zaangalewa; 12th March 2018 at 02:16 AM.

  8. #48
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,631
    Thanks
    584

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Before the gun-nuts complain, I did not create the title.

    The capital of America's gun industry hates guns
    I've long felt the gun manufacturers need to relocate to more conservative areas of the country. There's simply no reason for them to stay in New England.

  9. #49
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    87,268
    Thanks
    24099

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Again, cars serve another purpose. And driving while drunk will also get you arrested.
    What other purpose does alcohol serve?

  10. #50
    Retired Admin Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    87,268
    Thanks
    24099

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Knives serve other purposes other than to just kill people

    And the chances of surviving a knife attack is much higher than a one with a gun

    An AR-15 literally tears up the inside of your body, a knife, not so much.

    Also according data, over 10,000 a year die by guns

    Knives, 1064

    So not even close, but yeah, I'm used to this lame talking point being used over and over again


    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...y-weapon-used/
    Your source is obviously biased. So I'm just going to dismiss it out of hand.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why America Hates Republicans
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 15th January 2015, 09:19 AM
  2. It's official: America hates Obamacare
    By Goofball in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: 27th November 2014, 08:18 AM
  3. Biden seeks video game industry input on guns
    By jackalope in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11th January 2013, 05:07 AM
  4. And The Porn Capital Of America Is....
    By Red Eft in forum Current Events
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12th May 2012, 04:36 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed