Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 106
Thanks Tree21Thanks

Thread: Semi auto handguns vs AR 15

  1. #61
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,777
    Thanks
    2745

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    I'd prefer that weapons of war not be sold to the public.
    COOL - Your wish has come true.

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,760
    Thanks
    19746

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    If that's the issue you need to turn in your 9mm
    Untrue.
    My 9mm is a short range/far less dangerous weapon to society than an AR15 and a rubber band.


  3. #63
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,760
    Thanks
    19746

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    As if that would deter the type people that have decided a mass shooting was a viable effort in the first place.

    Every mass shooting in this country involved firearms purchased legally in gun stores.
    Many of these weapons should not be available to the public for the same reason that hand grenades are not.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    43,794
    Thanks
    26162

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Every mass shooting in this country involved firearms purchased legally in gun stores.
    Many of these weapons should not be available to the public for the same reason that hand grenades are not.
    Hand grenades are indeed legal just as machine guns are. Its just that one has to go through a different set of checks and pay money to obtain them.

  5. #65
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,760
    Thanks
    19746

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Hand grenades are indeed legal just as machine guns are. Its just that one has to go through a different set of checks and pay money to obtain them.
    The fact that they have been highly regulated since 1934 has thankfully kept them out of general circulation and none have been used by mass killers.
    Your argument is a poor one and a technicality..

  6. #66
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    43,794
    Thanks
    26162

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    The fact that they have been highly regulated since 1934 has thankfully kept them out of general circulation and none have been used by mass killers.
    Your argument is a poor one.
    That doesnt mean they couldnt be though. 99% of mass shooters would easily have passed the background check and fingerprinting necessary to obtain a machine gun or a grenade. Its not that difficult. If we at some point regulate ARs the same way, I would expect to then see mass shootings with those weapons as the same rate.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Sparta's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    21,203
    Thanks
    8422

    From
    Connecticut
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Untrue.
    My 9mm is a short range/far less dangerous weapon to society than an AR15 and a rubber band.

    Most mass shooting involve a 9mm semi-automatic pistol, including the Virginia Tech attack, which resulted in the death of 32 people. Your opposition to the AR doesn't line up with your logic.

  8. #68
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,760
    Thanks
    19746

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Most mass shooting involve a 9mm semi-automatic pistol, including the Virginia Tech attack, which resulted in the death of 32 people. Your opposition to the AR doesn't line up with your logic.
    No single law or regulation will ever stop all killing.
    That is a trick argument used by the NRA to avoid reasonable gun regulation.
    BTW.....most gun owners favor reasonable gun regulations and disagree with the NRA.

    My logic involves what laws can be enacted that would save lives.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    9,392
    Thanks
    1568

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Untrue.
    My 9mm is a short range/far less dangerous weapon to society than an AR15 and a rubber band.
    Thousands more have been killed with a 9mm luger than with an AR in America.

    9mm handguns are used in mass shootings much more often and have a higher body count.
    Thanks from carpe diem

  10. #70
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,777
    Thanks
    2745

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Untrue.
    My 9mm is a short range/far less dangerous weapon to society than an AR15 and a rubber band.

    Bull rounds.jpg

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th December 2015, 04:06 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 8th May 2015, 02:00 PM
  3. Permits for all handguns
    By Oscar99 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 19th January 2013, 01:01 PM
  4. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 17th December 2012, 05:22 PM
  5. no more semi-auto pistols in california
    By operator kos in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 19th October 2007, 07:33 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed