Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93
Thanks Tree58Thanks

Thread: South Carolina lawmakers introduce bill to begin secession debate

  1. #21
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27,259
    Thanks
    7225

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    other than the fact that such secession is not permitted by the constitution, there are other factors to consider. have you considered these factors? it doesn't seem so. a do-over of the civil war is not possible - and it would end the same way if attempted. this talk from South Carolina is silly talk and everyone with brains knows it.
    What does that have to do with Saul Alinski?

  2. #22
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,901
    Thanks
    5480

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    What does that have to do with Saul Alinski?
    such talk of secession does remind me of him. educated, but scatter-brained. little cohesion except against everything society offered. quite foolish man who may have been able to make great contributions to society if he could think practically.

  3. #23
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27,259
    Thanks
    7225

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    such talk of secession does remind me of him. educated, but scatter-brained. little cohesion except against everything society offered. quite foolish man who may have been able to make great contributions to society if he could think practically.
    Yep ....

    Is it a wonder he was HRC's hero?

  4. #24
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,901
    Thanks
    5480

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Yep ....

    Is it a wonder he was HRC's hero?
    some of his ideas had merit if the practical aspects had been considered. unfortunately, he was always a bit short on those details. just like the current discussion about secession.

  5. #25
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27,259
    Thanks
    7225

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    some of his ideas had merit if the practical aspects had been considered. unfortunately, he was always a bit short on those details. just like the current discussion about secession.
    I expect to see secession in our lifetime.

    Or .... more like the US splinting up into smaller countries.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,901
    Thanks
    5480

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I expect to see secession in our lifetime.

    Or .... more like the US splinting up into smaller countries.
    you do know that requires a constitutional change. hope you're not holding your breath.

  7. #27
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27,259
    Thanks
    7225

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    you do know that requires a constitutional change. hope you're not holding your breath.
    You do know the Constitution is being ignored on several fronts at the moment, correct?

    Don't hold your breath on the US Constitution saving this Country.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,901
    Thanks
    5480

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    You do know the Constitution is being ignored on several fronts at the moment, correct?

    Don't hold your breath on the US Constitution saving this Country.
    the fact that you think the constitution is being ignored does not make it a fact. the supreme court does not agree with you. I trust in the citizens to make the decisions - you don't.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    27,259
    Thanks
    7225

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    the fact that you think the constitution is being ignored does not make it a fact. the supreme court does not agree with you. I trust in the citizens to make the decisions - you don't.
    I don't know what universe you are living in but, Mueller's investigation is unConstitutional.

    There has to be evidence of a crime in order to appoint a special counsel.

    To this day, some year and a few months into the investigation, there remains NO evidence of a crime.

    Mueller did not have the legal authority to authorize the pre-dawn raid on Manafort's house.

    But, these thing are happening in front of our very eyes.

    Well ..... at least for those of us who can see.

    What other provisions, amendments, articles of the US Constitution are going to be ignored?

    Illegal confiscation of weapons seems to be next for some states.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    14,901
    Thanks
    5480

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    I don't know what universe you are living in but, Mueller's investigation is unConstitutional.

    There has to be evidence of a crime in order to appoint a special counsel.

    To this day, some year and a few months into the investigation, there remains NO evidence of a crime.

    Mueller did not have the legal authority to authorize the pre-dawn raid on Manafort's house.

    But, these thing are happening in front of our very eyes.

    Well ..... at least for those of us who can see.

    What other provisions, amendments, articles of the US Constitution are going to be ignored?

    Illegal confiscation of weapons seems to be next for some states.
    does the supreme court agree? no, they don't. your viewpoint is not valid.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GOP lawmakers introduce bill to require union recertification
    By Neomalthusian in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th November 2017, 09:24 AM
  2. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 1st May 2017, 06:40 PM
  3. Republican South Carolina Debate Tonight - 2/13/16
    By boontito in forum Current Events
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 15th February 2016, 08:20 AM
  4. The South Carolina GOP Debate: New and fresh rhetoric
    By RationalLeft in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th January 2008, 10:26 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed