Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59
Thanks Tree12Thanks

Thread: The politicians on the right are bailing as fast as they can, its at a historic high

  1. #21
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,024
    Thanks
    35585

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    I agree, it just can't get passed the numbers in the senate, although there are quite a few people saying that it is probable
    Probable? No. Possible? Yes. Just a few months ago, it looked impossible.

  2. #22
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    24,599
    Thanks
    6361

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    House....Yes.

    Senate...No.
    Seems to be the prevailing opinion lately.

    The Dems suffered a "shellacking" in Obamas first midterm elections.

    Seems very possible it would happen to the Repubs this time.

    But, we got 6 months to go, so things could get better or worser.
    Thanks from a777pilot

  3. #23
    Member a777pilot's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,860
    Thanks
    191

    From
    Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Seems to be the prevailing opinion lately.

    The Dems suffered a "shellacking" in Obamas first midterm elections.

    Seems very possible it would happen to the Repubs this time.

    But, we got 6 months to go, so things could get better or worser.
    I could not agree more.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,024
    Thanks
    35585

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I could not agree more.
    What's in there to disagree with? That 2010 wasn't a bad year for Dems? That it's not possible the same thing will happen this times? That things can't change in six months?

  5. #25
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,232
    Thanks
    3002

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Nonsense a 2017 chart will tell you nothing to stat with as of jan23 and many more have shifted from that time to now , Your source is garbage. It has been a landslide for democrats in almost every special election so far. chart below. Attachment 15763
    Mr. jbander,

    Interesting, I present facts, you present a chart, which presumably, you made up because there is no supporting documentation.

  6. #26
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,232
    Thanks
    3002

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    The shifts toward Democrats are clear in every case. If Dems recruit (and put on the ballot) strong candidates that fit the interests of their districts, it will be a big year for Dems. Republicans know this, which is why we've seen so many retirements of GOP House members.

    Even the GOP party apparatus is moving away from defending the House and concentrating on the Senate.
    Mr. Rasselas,

    While I appreciate your red herring, do you have a response that is on subject?

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,786
    Thanks
    565

    From
    Minnesota
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. jbander,

    Interesting, I present facts, you present a chart, which presumably, you made up because there is no supporting documentation.
    Sorry, people support my position , because it is the truth, what you say is like all things that come from the right , distortion with half the story or straight out lies.

  8. #28
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,232
    Thanks
    3002

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by jbander View Post
    Sorry, people support my position , because it is the truth, what you say is like all things that come from the right , distortion with half the story or straight out lies.
    Mr. bander,

    LOL, your position that you only present rambling, incoherent diatribes, and that none of your sources can be supported?

    You are correct sir, people agree that is the debate you present.

  9. #29
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    64,024
    Thanks
    35585

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Rasselas,

    While I appreciate your red herring, do you have a response that is on subject?
    Nothing smelly or off-target about my response.

  10. #30
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    12,232
    Thanks
    3002

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Nothing smelly or off-target about my response.
    Mr. Rasselas,

    Really. Perhaps you can point out where you countered my contention that on the national level, there have been 8 Special Elections, and only 2 resulted in a party shift, and that on the local and state level, there have been 98 Special Elections in 2017, resulting in a net shift of 11 seats.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2nd April 2018, 10:48 AM
  2. FOX's ADVERTISERS ARE BAILING ON HANNITY!
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29th May 2017, 05:22 AM
  3. Two high profile politicians dealing with cancer
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd June 2015, 07:05 AM
  4. Bailing out the TSA one fare at a time
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd May 2012, 10:07 AM
  5. Bailing Out CRE Now??
    By michaelr in forum Economics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th October 2010, 07:23 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed