Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thanks Tree15Thanks

Thread: How Trump could have been unbeatable

  1. #1
    Trust Dusty Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    45,295
    Thanks
    26843

    From
    Deep State

    How Trump could have been unbeatable

    First of all, I'll say Trump IS my president. I said that when he won. I can't stand him and I wish he wasn't but he's it.

    But as I read PH I keep seeing claims of him never having had a chance with "some people." The Trump haters.

    Not so.

    Had Trump decided that acting presidential wasn't "so boring" and instead acted presidential (even on The Apprentice he does no acting) and hadn't installed his daughter and son-in-law who are both amazingly unqualified (Bobby Kennedy had a law degree) and taken a "less is more" approach to his communications, I could have reserved my harshest judgments. That would have indicated to me that he actually had some of the "genius" that his fans claim he has to be such a tycoon. The ability to think, "okay, I won being a dick, now I need to make them ALL like me...mahahahah!" would have at least won him some props as an evil genius.

    We know now that it's amazing what he can get away with. His band of appropriate behavior is wider than any preceding president.

    Obama couldn't even wear a tan suit. Trump can show up in golf togs that look like a baby's jumper with a cap that squashes his face and shortens the effect of his head to become our first pre-cartooned president.

    More importantly, he gets away with comments that have forever lowered the bar on decorum and even common sense ("new missiles and smart").

    At the end of the day, I'm glad he didn't take the presidential route. Because so far I hate all his policies.

    At least now there is a pungent taint that sticks to anyone who's cozy with him. Paul Ryan is probably getting away from it so he can run for president, which is almost as bad as another Trump term. But it's also a good indication that even the cynical bastards who like having a petulant toad in the White House so they can dismantle all social services, know he's a petulant toad.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer, Babba and boontito

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    62,793
    Thanks
    19774

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    First of all, I'll say Trump IS my president.
    He's not my President and wouldn't be in the WH without illegal assistance from Putin.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  3. #3
    Trust Dusty Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    45,295
    Thanks
    26843

    From
    Deep State
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    He's not my President and wouldn't be in the WH without illegal assistance from Putin.
    Could be, but I'm willing to reserve judgment for more proof.

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,313
    Thanks
    4317

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    But it's also a good indication that even the cynical bastards who like having a petulant toad in the White House so they can dismantle all social services, know he's a petulant toad.
    Hey hey now... .not all of us 'CBs'.

    I've had this shirt for 22 years.

    Thanks from Davocrat

  5. #5
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    92,773
    Thanks
    69952

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    First of all, I'll say Trump IS my president. I said that when he won. I can't stand him and I wish he wasn't but he's it.

    But as I read PH I keep seeing claims of him never having had a chance with "some people." The Trump haters.

    Not so.

    Had Trump decided that acting presidential wasn't "so boring" and instead acted presidential (even on The Apprentice he does no acting) and hadn't installed his daughter and son-in-law who are both amazingly unqualified (Bobby Kennedy had a law degree) and taken a "less is more" approach to his communications, I could have reserved my harshest judgments. That would have indicated to me that he actually had some of the "genius" that his fans claim he has to be such a tycoon. The ability to think, "okay, I won being a dick, now I need to make them ALL like me...mahahahah!" would have at least won him some props as an evil genius.

    We know now that it's amazing what he can get away with. His band of appropriate behavior is wider than any preceding president.

    Obama couldn't even wear a tan suit. Trump can show up in golf togs that look like a baby's jumper with a cap that squashes his face and shortens the effect of his head to become our first pre-cartooned president.

    More importantly, he gets away with comments that have forever lowered the bar on decorum and even common sense ("new missiles and smart").

    At the end of the day, I'm glad he didn't take the presidential route. Because so far I hate all his policies.

    At least now there is a pungent taint that sticks to anyone who's cozy with him. Paul Ryan is probably getting away from it so he can run for president, which is almost as bad as another Trump term. But it's also a good indication that even the cynical bastards who like having a petulant toad in the White House so they can dismantle all social services, know he's a petulant toad.
    A Pungent Taint

    ...would make a great title for one of those investigative reporter books looking back at the Trump presidency.
    Thanks from Davocrat, Coyote and NightSwimmer

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sparta's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    21,215
    Thanks
    8433

    From
    Connecticut
    Dave's opinion would have been worth the read if for no other reason than "a pungent taint".
    Thanks from Coyote, boontito and Davocrat

  7. #7
    Trust Dusty Davocrat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    45,295
    Thanks
    26843

    From
    Deep State
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Dave's opinion would have been worth the read if for no other reason than "a pungent taint".
    To think I almost went with "poignant taint"!
    Thanks from Coyote

  8. #8
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    92,773
    Thanks
    69952

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    A Pungent Taint

    ...would make a great title for one of those investigative reporter books looking back at the Trump presidency.
    Donald Trump A Pungent Taint.jpg
    Thanks from NightSwimmer, Davocrat and Coyote

  9. #9
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,941
    Thanks
    1292

    From
    The cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    He's not my President and wouldn't be in the WH without illegal assistance from Putin.
    Wow...I feel sad and sorry for you.

  10. #10
    Established Member
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,941
    Thanks
    1292

    From
    The cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    A Pungent Taint

    ...would make a great title for one of those investigative reporter books looking back at the Trump presidency.
    Because they will be licking Trumps balls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 4th December 2017, 06:11 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24th January 2017, 03:55 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2016, 03:56 PM
  4. I Know Why Poor Whites Chant Trump, Trump, Trump
    By labrea in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15th September 2016, 08:14 AM
  5. Why Hillary Clinton is absolutely unbeatable.
    By stnmann in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 16th September 2007, 01:01 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed