Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 661
Thanks Tree318Thanks

Thread: Separation of church and state

  1. #581
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,282
    Thanks
    5194

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Peter, John and Mary the Mother of Jesus were there at the resurrection.
    That is according to the Holy Bible. You make the same Circular Arguments: The Holy Bible says Peter and John and Mary the mother of Jesus were there at the resurrection, Peter and John and Mary the mother of Jesus were there at the resurrection because the Holy Bible says so. The conclusion is assumed to be true in the premises.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Now tell my why those witnesses are not allowed?
    See the response above and what I explained to you about supernatural events.
    Last edited by Michael J; 16th May 2018 at 04:45 PM.

  2. #582
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,282
    Thanks
    5194

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    LMAO!

    Now...I've been meaning to ask, and I'm not being funny. I'm dead serious when I ask you this: Are you Bo Bennett? I've been having a lot of fun with his book, Logically Fallacious. It has a collection of all the hundreds of logical fallacies that he illustrates with funny and sardonic explanations, and critical thinking exercises at the end. I'm starting to think that you're him and you're trying to get people to buy the book and study it by posting the multitude of logical fallacies that you make in your posts. In other words, you're trying to get people to think about logic by pretending to be a verbally-retarded child in a 2nd-grade remedial class. This is a warranted suspicion because your posts have more logical fallacies than South Korea has Soo Chans. LMAO!

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Everything you say is biased thinking. You discount witnesses because you disagree with them, that's biased thinking.
    No, it's Methodological Naturalism, which says don't study supernatural claims because they can't be investigated.

    Next you're going to tell me supernatural events can be investigated. That is the height of stupidity.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    There is more evidence of Jesus life and his resurrection then there is concerning the first landing on the moon.
    You honestly think there is recorded footage and photographs of Jesus Christ's resurrection.

    Incredible!

    Now I'm thinking maybe you're not Bo Bennett. I would think he would be making a bigger variety of logical fallacies if he were trying to get people to study his book. You make a ton of them, but you usually make a multitude of the same ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    At least there was eye witnesses that saw Jesus,
    You make the same circular arguments: The Holy Bible says eyewitnesses saw Jesus Christ resurrected, eyewitnesses saw Jesus Christ resurrected because the Holy Bible says they did.

    Circular arguments don't prove anything. They especially don't prove there were witnesses to Christ's resurrection.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    the Moon landing just had a tv camera with no actual eye witnesses.
    You honestly don't think those astronauts saw each other land on the moon and put the American flag up?

    There are tons of photographs and recorded footage of the moon landing, as well as the recorded footage of them traveling in the space ship, and there is no evidence the photos and footage were manipulated. The astronauts brought back a ton of rocks from the moon, which geologists verified and the rocks looked exactly like the ones the Soviets brought back.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    With your thinking no one existed unless you know where there grave is.
    If there is no corpse, is there evidence that someone died? If there isn't a bullet hole in someone's body, is there evidence the victim was shot? If I don't have a receipt, is there evidence I bought something?

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Where is Hitler buried, can't find him, He doesn't exist.
    The Russians have all sorts of photographs of Hitler's charred carcass. That's the same thing as a grave.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You realize how dumb that sounds
    Look who's talking.

    At least I know what a question mark is.
    Last edited by Michael J; 17th May 2018 at 06:05 AM.

  3. #583
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,003
    Thanks
    2972

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    That is according to the Holy Bible. You make the same Circular Arguments: The Holy Bible says Peter and John and Mary the mother of Jesus were there at the resurrection, Peter and John and Mary the mother of Jesus were there at the resurrection because the Holy Bible says so. The conclusion is assumed to be true in the premises.



    See the response above and what I explained to you about supernatural events.
    they were there because witnesses said they were there. You don't want the Bible because it has witnesses to verify everything stated. The entire purpose of the Bible is to confirm the witnesses by other witnesses. Saying that is not allowed is nonsense. You don't want the Bible because you can't argue against it. Saying you don't want the Bible is like me saying "Evidence of the moon landing by Nasa is not allowed" because its biased.

  4. #584
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,003
    Thanks
    2972

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    LMAO!

    Now...I've been meaning to ask, and I'm not being funny. I'm dead serious when I ask you this: Are you Bo Bennett? I've been having a lot of fun with his book, Logically Fallacious. It has a collection of all the hundreds of logical fallacies that he illustrates with funny and sardonic explanations, and critical thinking exercises at the end. I'm starting to think that you're him and you're trying to get people to buy the book and study it by posting the multitude of logical fallacies that you make in your posts. In other words, you're trying to get people to think about logic by pretending to be a verbally-retarded child in a 2nd-grade remedial class. This is a warranted suspicion because your posts have more logical fallacies than South Korea has Soo Chans. LMAO!



    No, it's Methodological Naturalism, which says don't study supernatural claims because they can't be investigated.

    Next you're going to tell me supernatural events can be investigated. That is the height of stupidity.



    You honestly think there is recorded footage and photographs of Jesus Christ's resurrection.

    Incredible!

    Now I'm thinking maybe you're not Bo Bennett. I would think he would be making a bigger variety of logical fallacies if he were trying to get people to study his book. You make a ton of them, but you usually make a multitude of the same ones.



    You make the same circular arguments: The Holy Bible says eyewitnesses saw Jesus Christ resurrected, eyewitnesses saw Jesus Christ resurrected because the Holy Bible says they did.

    Circular arguments don't prove anything. They especially don't prove there were witnesses to Christ's resurrection.



    You honestly don't think those astronauts saw each other land on the moon and put the American flag up?

    There are tons of photographs and recorded footage of the moon landing, as well as the recorded footage of them traveling in the space ship, and there is no evidence the photos and footage were manipulated. The astronauts brought back a ton of rocks from the moon, which geologists verified and the rocks looked exactly like the ones the Soviets brought back.



    If there is no corpse, is there evidence that someone died? If there isn't a bullet hole in someone's body, is there evidence the victim was shot? If I don't have a receipt, is there evidence I bought something?



    The Russians have all sorts of photographs of Hitler's charred carcass. That's the same thing as a grave.



    Look who's talking.

    At least I know what a question mark is.
    Hitler doesn't have a tomb, so he doesn't exist (according to you). Where's Amelia Earhart? Can't answer that, she never existed, can't believe the news, nope. Can't use history to verify her life that's against your rules.

  5. #585
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    34,848
    Thanks
    21736

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    The evidence is right there in front of you. The man wants fathers to take showers with their sons and show them their genitalia. That's like showing pornography to a child...live porn in fact. Look at daddy's big fat cock, kids, and you won't turn gay.

    Both you and James Dobson are part of a fascist brand of Christianity that mentally rapes children. You refuse to let them think for themselves and develop critical intelligence. That's what totalitarian states do. You and he think you're part of a master race that has a moral imperative to persecute non-Christians. He has all those anti-gay rallies, and you use your dogma and fascist beliefs to libel and harass Ian, me and any other non-Christian forum member. Just think of all the psychological disturbances that would cause children of Christian Dominionists.

    Actually baron trump would wonder why his penis is so much bigger than his daddy’s ..lol
    Thanks from Michael J

  6. #586
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4,568
    Thanks
    4589

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Hitler doesn't have a tomb, so he doesn't exist (according to you). Where's Amelia Earhart? Can't answer that, she never existed, can't believe the news, nope. Can't use history to verify her life that's against your rules.
    Do have photos and video of Jesus?
    Surely he has a baby album full of pics?
    Thanks from Michael J

  7. #587
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,282
    Thanks
    5194

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracat View Post
    Do have photos and video of Jesus?
    Surely he has a baby album full of pics?
    Having supernatural powers and being the son of a supernatural puppet master, I'd also think he could have written the New Testament all by himself instead of relying on fallible humans to do it for him.

  8. #588
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,282
    Thanks
    5194

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    they were there because witnesses said they were there.
    Hence the same circular argument: The Holy Bible says witnesses were there, witnesses were there because the Holy Bible says they were there the conclusion is assumed to be true in the premises.

    You haven't answered the question yet: If Chicken Little and his adherents say the sky is falling, does that mean the sky really is falling just because they say it's falling?

    Why must you give me these kindergarten critical thinking exercises, Bo Bennett? I am way too advanced for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    they were there because witnesses said they were there. You don't want the Bible because it has witnesses to verify everything stated. The entire purpose of the Bible is to confirm the witnesses by other witnesses. Saying that is not allowed is nonsense. You don't want the Bible because you can't argue against it. Saying you don't want the Bible is like me saying "Evidence of the moon landing by Nasa is not allowed" because its biased.
    Those witnesses don't confirm the other ones. They contradict them. There are so many logical contradictions in the Holy Bible it isn't even funny.

    You make the same circular arguments: The people who wrote the Holy Bible say the Holy Bible is true, the Holy Bible is true because the people who wrote the Holy Bible say it's true. Your conclusion is assumed to be true in the premises.
    Last edited by Michael J; 17th May 2018 at 06:15 PM.

  9. #589
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,282
    Thanks
    5194

    From
    My mother's womb, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Hitler doesn't have a tomb, so he doesn't exist (according to you).
    Read what I wrote about the Russian government. Reading comprehension!

    Hitler wrote a book. There are numerous pictures of him and recorded footage of him giving speeches.

  10. #590
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    55,003
    Thanks
    2972

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracat View Post
    Do have photos and video of Jesus?
    Surely he has a baby album full of pics?
    I will provide them if you show me the burial place of Hitler and Amelia Earhart. They don't exist if we don't know where there body is.

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Separation of church and state.
    By Rev. Hellh0und in forum Current Events
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 11th November 2012, 07:03 AM
  2. Separation of church and state
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 1st November 2009, 04:22 PM
  3. Separation of Church and State
    By Tick in forum Philosophy and Religion
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 19th September 2008, 02:24 AM
  4. Separation of church and state
    By Jack Flash in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 10th April 2008, 11:19 AM
  5. Separation of Church and State
    By Jack Flash in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 30th January 2008, 02:18 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed