Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thanks Tree15Thanks
  • 5 Post By namvet69
  • 1 Post By BigLeRoy
  • 4 Post By Blueneck
  • 2 Post By Blueneck
  • 1 Post By NightSwimmer
  • 1 Post By namvet69
  • 1 Post By Blueneck

Thread: Trump Reverses course on Chinese telecom.

  1. #1
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,350
    Thanks
    4448

    From
    Englewood, Fl

    Trump Reverses course on Chinese telecom.

    ZTE Telecom in China which was recently sanctioned by the Commerce Dept Sec Ross is now the darling of Trump and will be aided in expanding and and being made financially whole.

    Why? Could it be that it's because China has funded a Trump project in Indonesia to the tune of $500 Million? Nah, that would blow the emoluments clause out of the water and would be play for pay.

    No President could be that corrupt right?

  2. #2
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30,672
    Thanks
    25835

    From
    Colorado
    Xi Jinping is the Chief Top Head Alpha Male of Planet Earth.

    When Mr. Xi says 'Jump!', Donald Trump says, "How high, Mr. Xi?"
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #3
    Unarmed Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48,475
    Thanks
    26109

    From
    Ohio
    This is so blatant and so against everything Trump presented himself as during the election.

    The whole idea that he couldn't be corrupted because of his wealth. That he supposedly cared about little people who lost their jobs to outsourcing. That he was going to hold China accountable for it's trade practices.

    If this doesn't make his supporters realize they've elected a self-serving monster, I don't know what will. This is disgusting and I hate to say it, but along with the Qatari thing, I can't believe that Democrats weren't aware that this sort of thing goes on in government. Democrats should be talking about impeachment for this. He's begging for it.

    I'm so sickened by this I could just spit. It's not that I ever thought Trump had any scruples, but knowing that he's likely going to be getting a pass from the Republicans on this infuriates me.

  4. #4
    Unarmed Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48,475
    Thanks
    26109

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Xi Jinping is the Chief Top Head Alpha Male of Planet Earth.

    When Mr. Xi says 'Jump!', Donald Trump says, "How high, Mr. Xi?"
    He's got no right to use OUR government to do it.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Ian Jeffrey

  5. #5
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    36,799
    Thanks
    34327

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    This is so blatant and so against everything Trump presented himself as during the election.

    The whole idea that he couldn't be corrupted because of his wealth. That he supposedly cared about little people who lost their jobs to outsourcing. That he was going to hold China accountable for it's trade practices.

    If this doesn't make his supporters realize they've elected a self-serving monster, I don't know what will. This is disgusting and I hate to say it, but along with the Qatari thing, I can't believe that Democrats weren't aware that this sort of thing goes on in government. Democrats should be talking about impeachment for this. He's begging for it.

    I'm so sickened by this I could just spit. It's not that I ever thought Trump had any scruples, but knowing that he's likely going to be getting a pass from the Republicans on this infuriates me.

    Democrats shouldn't even speak of impeachment until something happens that will guarantee a 2/3 vote to convict in the Senate.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  6. #6
    Unarmed Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48,475
    Thanks
    26109

    From
    Ohio
    Today Trump tweeted this:


    More
    The Washington Post and CNN have typically written false stories about our trade negotiations with China. Nothing has happened with ZTE except as it pertains to the larger trade deal. Our country has been losing hundreds of billions of dollars a year with China...

    ...We have not seen China’s demands yet, which should be few in that previous U.S. Administrations have done so poorly in negotiating. China has seen our demands. There has been no folding as the media would love people to believe, the meetings...

    ...haven’t even started yet! The U.S. has very little to give, because it has given so much over the years. China has much to give!

    So to recap:

    Lifting sanctions on ZTE was just part of a larger trade deal with China, which hasn't even started yet and we don't even know what China's demands are, but we gave them this anyway. We're waiting to see what they offer in return.

    Apparently the toughest way to negotiate is to give everything you can up front and your counterparts will voluntarily give back better stuff because they're so grateful. Or something.

    I did notice that the Twitter comments were devoid of all the "God loves you" memes and #MAGA fanboys that usually inundate the threads with their drool.

    Maybe this one made a dent.

  7. #7
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,350
    Thanks
    4448

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    Today Trump tweeted this:



    So to recap:

    Lifting sanctions on ZTE was just part of a larger trade deal with China, which hasn't even started yet and we don't even know what China's demands are, but we gave them this anyway. We're waiting to see what they offer in return.

    Apparently the toughest way to negotiate is to give everything you can up front and your counterparts will voluntarily give back better stuff because they're so grateful. Or something.

    I did notice that the Twitter comments were devoid of all the "God loves you" memes and #MAGA fanboys that usually inundate the threads with their drool.

    Maybe this one made a dent.
    That tweet doesn't strike me as written solely by Trump. It smacks of him and a second party telling him what to say. Nowhere is there the usual bluster and boasting nonsense that usually accompanies his tweets. My bet is Wilbur Ross who must have been shocked to learn of Trumps giveaway and is now on board to create a justification beyond play for pay.

    Trump doesn't think beyond just doing something to benefit himself. Another example of just how sycophantic those around him have become or should I say just how few non sycophants are left in the Trump sphere.

    I hope the media and Mueller tear into this deal to uncover the truth behind it. You don't sanction a company to the tune of 1.2 billion and a few months later bail them out. This company is charged with shipping devices to Iran and N Korea that are not just communications devices but are spying Trojan Horses. Something is rotten in Denmark.

    I guarantee there is something beyond diplomatic going on here and it will somehow mean a payment to the yellow scourge. I feel it in my bones. BTW Wilbur Ross was the broker in the Florida mansion deal that netted Trump 55 Million for a property that wasn't even inspected before the deal to a Russian Olig. and was months later torn down because of a massive mold infestation. This deal smells just as moldy and we have the same players involved.
    Thanks from Blueneck

  8. #8
    Unarmed Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48,475
    Thanks
    26109

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
    That tweet doesn't strike me as written solely by Trump. It smacks of him and a second party telling him what to say. Nowhere is there the usual bluster and boasting nonsense that usually accompanies his tweets. My bet is Wilbur Ross who must have been shocked to learn of Trumps giveaway and is now on board to create a justification beyond play for pay.

    Trump doesn't think beyond just doing something to benefit himself. Another example of just how sycophantic those around him have become or should I say just how few non sycophants are left in the Trump sphere.

    I hope the media and Mueller tear into this deal to uncover the truth behind it. You don't sanction a company to the tune of 1.2 billion and a few months later bail them out. This company is charged with shipping devices to Iran and N Korea that are not just communications devices but are spying Trojan Horses. Something is rotten in Denmark.

    I guarantee there is something beyond diplomatic going on here and it will somehow mean a payment to the yellow scourge. I feel it in my bones. BTW Wilbur Ross was the broker in the Florida mansion deal that netted Trump 55 Million for a property that wasn't even inspected before the deal to a Russian Olig. and was months later torn down because of a massive mold infestation. This deal smells just as moldy and we have the same players involved.
    Because CNBC is the only one reporting on this at all, I tuned in and one thing I heard is that Ross, Mnuchin and Kudlow are all saying it's "an enforcement issue" and not a trade issue.

    Yeah, this reeks. And his economic "team" claiming to have no clue as to what is going on doesn't help.

  9. #9
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    30,672
    Thanks
    25835

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    Because CNBC is the only one reporting on this at all, I tuned in and one thing I heard is that Ross, Mnuchin and Kudlow are all saying it's "an enforcement issue" and not a trade issue.

    Yeah, this reeks. And his economic "team" claiming to have no clue as to what is going on doesn't help.
    Ross, Mnuchin and Kudlow are like the Three Stooges, or something.

  10. #10
    Unarmed Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    48,475
    Thanks
    26109

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Ross, Mnuchin and Kudlow are like the Three Stooges, or something.
    Trump has made stooges out of all of us. And the media abandoning this story in lieu of "Donald Jr. said a thing" today makes me think they think sovereign wealth controlling our government at the highest levels is either too complicated for us peons to understand or else they really don't want us looking at this for some other reason.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

Similar Threads

  1. Trump reverses course in Qatar call
    By Think for myself in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th June 2017, 07:49 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2nd January 2017, 11:32 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th December 2009, 10:59 AM
  4. Obama administration defends telecom immunity in new brief
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 1st March 2009, 03:25 PM
  5. AT&T Whistleblower: Telecom Immunity Is A Cover-Up
    By Robodoon in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th November 2007, 02:45 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed