Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
Thanks Tree6Thanks

Thread: The rise of the pro-Trump media machine

  1. #1
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Senior Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,041
    Thanks
    6734

    From
    Between everywhere

    The rise of the pro-Trump media machine

    So it isn't just my imagination. Media that have investigative reporters and fact checkers and sort of try to avoid alternative facts need revenue so they are mostly behind paywalls but if you are just repeating RNC and Republican President talking points, it's cheap so the bullshit righty sources are spreading like a cancer.

    Pro-Trump media is spreading across the U.S., disseminating Trumpian rhetoric about fake news and mainstream media bias through every medium.

    The big picture, from Rodney Benson, chair of NYU's Department of Media, Culture, and Communication: "Many of the media moving toward subscriptions have disproportionately left-liberal audiences. ... While liberal media draw their circles ever tighter around themselves (via paywalls, high-level content, etc.), conservatives are fighting to extend their mass reach."
    More details at: https://www.axios.com/pro-trump-medi...f9ee51adb.html
    Thanks from Arkady

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,947
    Thanks
    2688

    From
    Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    So it isn't just my imagination. Media that have investigative reporters and fact checkers and sort of try to avoid alternative facts need revenue so they are mostly behind paywalls but if you are just repeating RNC and Republican President talking points, it's cheap so the bullshit righty sources are spreading like a cancer.



    More details at: https://www.axios.com/pro-trump-medi...f9ee51adb.html
    That's a really excellent insight, I hadn't thought of. The media outlets I favor are places like the New York Times, Boston Globe, and Washington Post -- places that hire the very best journalists and then pay the high expense of maintaining bureaus around the world, and covering the cost of long investigations, etc. That means their business model has pushed them all to a pay-wall system. So, even if I read something fascinating and share the link on social media, most of the people who come across that aren't going to be able to read the article, anyway. Meanwhile, if all you have is what amounts to a right-wing blogger putting his own slight spin on Republican or Kremlin talking points, that's dirt cheap, and can be supported by ad revenue (or, just as often, by money from the Kochs or other funders of the various conservative propaganda outlets). So, no need for a pay wall.
    Thanks from RNG

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,618
    Thanks
    7011

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    So it isn't just my imagination. Media that have investigative reporters and fact checkers and sort of try to avoid alternative facts need revenue so they are mostly behind paywalls but if you are just repeating RNC and Republican President talking points, it's cheap so the bullshit righty sources are spreading like a cancer.



    More details at: https://www.axios.com/pro-trump-medi...f9ee51adb.html
    Most of the TV media "news" is lefty.

    Many of them don't even try to hide it.

  4. #4
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Senior Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,041
    Thanks
    6734

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Most of the TV media "news" is lefty.

    Many of them don't even try to hide it.
    It would appear you are wrong based on this article among others.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,947
    Thanks
    2688

    From
    Massachusetts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Most of the TV media "news" is lefty.

    Many of them don't even try to hide it.
    The TV news outlet that's most frequently identified as lefty is MSNBC, which is funny considering they have a four-hour block every day named for and run by a right-wing former "Republican Revolutionary" congressman, Joe Scarborough. Liberalism should be made of sterner stuff. Imagine if Fox News had four hours per day entitled "Frank Talk," run by Barney Frank. That would be the equivalent.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,032
    Thanks
    378

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    So it isn't just my imagination. Media that have investigative reporters and fact checkers and sort of try to avoid alternative facts need revenue so they are mostly behind paywalls but if you are just repeating RNC and Republican President talking points, it's cheap so the bullshit righty sources are spreading like a cancer.



    More details at: https://www.axios.com/pro-trump-medi...f9ee51adb.html
    Those mentioned in the article have been around for a long time, longer than Trump's involvement in politics and have always.been conservative.

    The rise of the pro Trump media machine. LOL!!
    Last edited by roberthughey; 16th May 2018 at 12:14 PM.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,618
    Thanks
    7011

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    It would appear you are wrong based on this article among others.
    You can always find a source to tell you what you WANT to believe.

    Reality is the overwhelming majority of TV "news" in America is lefty.

  8. #8
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Senior Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,041
    Thanks
    6734

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    You can always find a source to tell you what you WANT to believe.

    Reality is the overwhelming majority of TV "news" in America is lefty.
    Nice moving of the goal posts.

    Although with Sinclair growing the way it has, I don't think even this restricted view is correct any longer.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,618
    Thanks
    7011

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    The TV news outlet that's most frequently identified as lefty is MSNBC, which is funny considering they have a four-hour block every day named for and run by a right-wing former "Republican Revolutionary" congressman, Joe Scarborough. Liberalism should be made of sterner stuff. Imagine if Fox News had four hours per day entitled "Frank Talk," run by Barney Frank. That would be the equivalent.
    Joe may have claimed to have been a Republican at one time.

    He's not one now., not by a long shot.

    The adulterer Joe seems to be smitten with the adulteress Mika.

    Wouldn't be the first time a guy changed for a female type woman...

  10. #10
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,282
    Thanks
    1221

    From
    Maryland USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    You can always find a source to tell you what you WANT to believe.

    Reality is the overwhelming majority of TV "news" in America is lefty.
    It's my perception, underscore my perception, that the TV news media is not all that different than any other TV enterprise that depends on advertising dollars. They and their advertisers know their target audience and therefore cater to it. I would guess both MSNBC and Fox know rather well the age, economic and political demographics of their respective viewers and function accordingly.
    Last edited by TheWahoo; 16th May 2018 at 12:29 PM.
    Thanks from Wonderer

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 14th January 2018, 09:09 AM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 19th July 2017, 06:36 AM
  3. Rise, sisters, rise. Defeat Donald Trump
    By cable2 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th November 2016, 04:26 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19th May 2016, 07:13 PM
  5. Trump Media vs. Rubio Media---Breitbart vs. National Review
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13th November 2015, 11:42 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed