Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 200
Thanks Tree177Thanks

Thread: any suggestions on how to get through to Trump supporters?

  1. #1
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,333
    Thanks
    43827

    From
    becoming more and more

    any suggestions on how to get through to Trump supporters?

    so, we know that they resent being called names. Fair enough. We know that they sent Trump to the WH to shake things up. Fair enough. We know that they don't trust the media. Fair enough. But, just as a for instance, last night during a rally Trump told his supporters that it was a "fact" that the FBI infiltrated his campaign. The reaction of the crowd was to boo. That is not a "fact". It's a bald-faced lie. Yet, the crowd believed it simply because that's what Trump told them. How do candidates for office contend with a voter like that?

    Your thoughts?
    Thanks from bajisima, Madeline, Babba and 9 others

  2. #2
    Dick with my Buzz...Try DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    36,014
    Thanks
    30689

    From
    SWUSA
    I would be far more relaxed if I knew for sure Trump was just manipulating a bunch of yocals to stupid to know better, but that is not what is going on.

    It is kind of reversed. Trump is the believer and MAGAs are the ...should know better complicits.

    It is not worth trying to fix MAGAs its Trump that is the problem.
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,190
    Thanks
    4933

    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    so, we know that they resent being called names. Fair enough. We know that they sent Trump to the WH to shake things up. Fair enough. We know that they don't trust the media. Fair enough. But, just as a for instance, last night during a rally Trump told his supporters that it was a "fact" that the FBI infiltrated his campaign. The reaction of the crowd was to boo. That is not a "fact". It's a bald-faced lie. Yet, the crowd believed it simply because that's what Trump told them. How do candidates for office contend with a voter like that?

    Your thoughts?
    Maybe the IG report will shed some light on things. If not this report then have him investigate that issue. McCabe was sacked by the FBI's own internal affairs. Strzok & Page were clipped of their positions. Things are not all pure at the FBI.
    Last edited by THOR; 30th May 2018 at 10:30 AM.

  4. #4
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,333
    Thanks
    43827

    From
    becoming more and more
    huh?

  5. #5
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45,402
    Thanks
    27488

    From
    New Hampshire
    Media is partly to blame here. I knew decades ago when they allowed corporations to buy the news, we eventually would pay the price. Well here we are. Instead of giving Trump every second of free coverage during the campaign they should have given others equal time. They never did, it was 24/7 Trump and it still is. Every rally they are there. Then there is the rush to be first with "sources said" or "insiders claim" that often leaves them offering an apology. Look at that photo last weekend of the immigrant kids face down in cages. It was from 2014 and Trump ran with it, citing fake news. So now all over social media they think they are really lying. If you look at polling and stats people have become incredibly mistrusting, from our banks, to big pharma to the real news. Its sad but we could have all seen it coming years before Trump.
    Thanks from MaryAnne, Babba, johnflesh and 1 others

  6. #6
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    20,468
    Thanks
    3183

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    so, we know that they resent being called names. Fair enough. We know that they sent Trump to the WH to shake things up. Fair enough. We know that they don't trust the media. Fair enough. But, just as a for instance, last night during a rally Trump told his supporters that it was a "fact" that the FBI infiltrated his campaign. The reaction of the crowd was to boo. That is not a "fact". It's a bald-faced lie. Yet, the crowd believed it simply because that's what Trump told them. How do candidates for office contend with a voter like that?

    Your thoughts?
    You raise the issue of the FBI infiltration...

    If it weren't for the trail of :
    - leaked emails
    - text message transcripts
    - fisa warrants
    - admissions that this happened in fact
    - the pile of resignations, etc...

    Then it would be a lot easier to reach them.

    You also have to shake off that for the first months supporting trump made a person a racist fascist Nazi rapist that hates women.

    I think the greatest barrier to reaching through is the sheer hatred, malice and intolerance of the existence of an alternative position. In other words; the left has become it's own worst enemy.
    Thanks from Crusher

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,190
    Thanks
    4933

    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Media is partly to blame here. I knew decades ago when they allowed corporations to buy the news, we eventually would pay the price. Well here we are. Instead of giving Trump every second of free coverage during the campaign they should have given others equal time. They never did, it was 24/7 Trump and it still is. Every rally they are there. Then there is the rush to be first with "sources said" or "insiders claim" that often leaves them offering an apology. Look at that photo last weekend of the immigrant kids face down in cages. It was from 2014 and Trump ran with it, citing fake news. So now all over social media they think they are really lying. If you look at polling and stats people have become incredibly mistrusting, from our banks, to big pharma to the real news. Its sad but we could have all seen it coming years before Trump.
    Those fake images were used as a weapon against the administration. There is NO reason to trust media. They have made their position known. It will be for the voters to make their position known in 18 months.
    Last edited by THOR; 30th May 2018 at 10:36 AM.

  8. #8
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,333
    Thanks
    43827

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    You raise the issue of the FBI infiltration...

    If it weren't for the trail of :
    - leaked emails
    - text message transcripts
    - fisa warrants
    - admissions that this happened in fact
    - the pile of resignations, etc...

    Then it would be a lot easier to reach them.

    You also have to shake off that for the first months supporting trump made a person a racist fascist Nazi rapist that hates women.

    I think the greatest barrier to reaching through is the sheer hatred, malice and intolerance of the existence of an alternative position. In other words; the left has become it's own worst enemy.
    you're blaming "the left" for people believing Trump's bald-faced lies? Also, who are you referring to when you say "the left" anyway? People in Canada?

  9. #9
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    45,402
    Thanks
    27488

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Those fake images were used as a weapon against the administration. There is NO reason to trust media. They have made their position known.
    Thats what our local tv news says as well. This kind of thing spreads like wildfire and if the media wants credibility, they have to stop doing this without verifying it. If someone on Facebook can figure it out, surely the media could. But in their rush to be the first they screwed up. Offering again another apology. At some point they have to realize they are becoming fodder for a Trump rally.
    Thanks from HCProf and THOR

  10. #10
    Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,584
    Thanks
    2017

    From
    California
    Two by four?
    Thanks from Friday13 and EnigmaO01

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestions to increase attendance at the Trump inauguration
    By Eve1 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 18th January 2017, 12:15 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th October 2016, 08:59 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15th March 2016, 01:23 PM
  4. Replies: 201
    Last Post: 10th December 2015, 04:37 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed