Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 84
Thanks Tree8Thanks

Thread: What should be next for unions if Janus prevails vs. AFSCME?

  1. #31
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,348
    Thanks
    33578

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I am more concerned about tax payer money than unions. I refuse to join a union so the democrats will not be able to steal my money
    How in the fuck are Democrats "stealing your money?"

    That's another direct question BTW.
    Thanks from BitterPill

  2. #32
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,226
    Thanks
    4064

    From
    AK & ID
    I'll point out this thread topic isn't "are unions good or are unions bad?" It's most definitely not that kind of thread. If that were the question, we know 99% of liberals will say "unions are good," 25% of conservatives will say "unions are bad," and 25% of conservatives will say "unions were good but have outlived their useful purpose." This thread is not about whether unions are good or bad or just past their prime.

    It's a thread that asks what unions should do assuming Janus prevails and the entire nation's public sector is Right To Work within the next month or two. Mainly it's a question of whether unions should become members-only or not.
    Last edited by Neomalthusian; 3rd June 2018 at 05:53 PM.

  3. #33
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,097
    Thanks
    4358

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    No, you are concerned with avoiding actually answering any questions or discussing what I actually said.
    You mean I am avoiding your trolling

  4. #34
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,097
    Thanks
    4358

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How in the fuck are Democrats "stealing your money?"

    That's another direct question BTW.
    If I am in a union my dues go to the democrats

  5. #35
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,097
    Thanks
    4358

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    I'll point out this thread topic isn't "are unions good or are unions bad?" It's most definitely not that kind of thread. If that were the question, we know 99% of liberals will say "unions are good," 25% of conservatives will say "unions are bad," and 25% of conservatives will say "unions were good but have outlived their useful purpose." This thread is not about whether unions are good or bad or just past their prime.

    It's a thread that asks what unions should do assuming Janus prevails and the entire nation's public sector is Right To Work within the next month or two. Mainly it's a question of whether unions should become members-only or not.
    It means you will have freedom of choice about unions as I have here in Florida

  6. #36
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,348
    Thanks
    33578

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If I am in a union my dues go to the democrats
    OH you change the goalposts.
    So, what you SHOULD have said was ...IF i were a member of a union it would be my PERSONAL OPINION my money was being stolen by Democrats...IF you were a member of a union.

    So dishonest of you. And you think you're clever I suppose.

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15,226
    Thanks
    4064

    From
    AK & ID
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It means you will have freedom of choice about unions as I have here in Florida
    Yeah I all people understand that. That's only the premise of the thread. The topic is how unions should respond assuming this happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If I am in a union my dues go to the democrats
    Dues that literally "go to Democrats" are PAC dues which have been entirely 100% voluntary for decades.

  8. #38
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,097
    Thanks
    4358

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    OH you change the goalposts.
    So, what you SHOULD have said was ...IF i were a member of a union it would be my PERSONAL OPINION my money was being stolen by Democrats...IF you were a member of a union.

    So dishonest of you. And you think you're clever I suppose.
    I have been a union member in the past and was also a union steward.

  9. #39
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    67,097
    Thanks
    4358

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Yeah I all people understand that. That's only the premise of the thread. The topic is how unions should respond assuming this happens.



    Dues that literally "go to Democrats" are PAC dues which have been entirely 100% voluntary for decades.

    n That is a democrat lie. When you are forced to become a union member you have no control of what your dues are used for

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,348
    Thanks
    33578

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I have been a union member in the past and was also a union steward.
    Oh, NOW it's your claim you USED to be a union member!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 25th April 2018, 12:40 PM
  2. Police Unions astonished Republicans hate Unions.
    By thrilling in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th February 2018, 06:22 PM
  3. Prayer Prevails in the U.S. House
    By aboutenough in forum Current Events
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 29th October 2017, 02:18 PM
  4. AFSCME distorts the truth to attack right-to-work laws
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26th July 2017, 06:06 PM
  5. Democrat Hochul prevails in NY-26 race
    By Politico in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24th May 2011, 07:40 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed