Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 118
Thanks Tree84Thanks

Thread: Cultural Vacuum in Trumpís White House

  1. #11
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    46,438
    Thanks
    30793

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Urbanek View Post
    Yes, we need a leader more interested in culture: ...
    Yes, and Hitler painted. But you're missing the point. Trump was elected in part because he was "more relatable" to them. I want to know who here is able to relate to a man with zero interest in music, art, or literature.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy, Friday13 and BDBoop

  2. #12
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Senior Member RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,036
    Thanks
    6723

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Not reading books is a major American pastime. If he were smart, Trump would entertain the kinds of performing artists that his base likes. Something tells me he can't stand country music. Or maybe he just can't get any artists to actually play the WH because they don't want to be associated with him, and so he avoids embarrassment by not inviting him.

    There's always Ted Nugent. He could do a concert and then they could release a bunch of deer out on the WH lawn and Ted and Donald could shoot at them with AK's.
    Stupid Youtube videos, especially of Hannity kissing his ass would be way up there.

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,583
    Thanks
    7002

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    It's true. However more to the point, I'd like to know how a man with no hobbies, and no appreciation of music, art, or literature is capable of "relating" to so many Republicans.
    Dunno.

    And, it really doesn't matter.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    27,583
    Thanks
    7002

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Yes, and Hitler painted. But you're missing the point. Trump was elected in part because he was "more relatable" to them. I want to know who here is able to relate to a man with zero interest in music, art, or literature.
    Some of us care more about what he does as president, than his hobbies.

    I cared more about how Clinton governed, than his inability to keep his pants on.

  5. #15
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    46,438
    Thanks
    30793

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Dunno. And, it really doesn't matter.
    I disagree... American culture is reflected in its literature, music, and art. Trump cares nothing for any of these. To the best of my knowledge, he has never read a book for recreational purposes. He doesn't enjoy any sort of music. He cannot appreciate art in any capacity. How well can he possibly understand American culture, if he insulates himself from all of the ways it's expressed?

    Do you think there is any value in understanding the culture of the country which you're representing?
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and Friday13

  6. #16
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30535

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Not reading books is a major American pastime. If he were smart, Trump would entertain the kinds of performing artists that his base likes. Something tells me he can't stand country music. Or maybe he just can't get any artists to actually play the WH because they don't want to be associated with him, and so he avoids embarrassment by not inviting him.

    There's always Ted Nugent. He could do a concert and then they could release a bunch of deer out on the WH lawn and Ted and Donald could shoot at them with AK's.
    No! No, a thousand times NO! We CANNOT have underage girls available for satisfying Ted Nugent's perverted desires on the White House lawn or in the Rose Garden! Seriously, what is WRONG with you for even SUGGESTING such a disgusting thing? What parents would volunteer their precious daughters to be used in such a filthy manner? Have you not heard that Ted Nugent has BRAGGED about getting 'blow jobs' from 13-year-old girls after his concerts? No WONDER he's about the only musician who supports Donald Trump!
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #17
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30535

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I disagree... American culture is reflected in its literature, music, and art. Trump cares nothing for any of these. To the best of my knowledge, he has never read a book for recreational purposes. He doesn't enjoy any sort of music. He cannot appreciate art in any capacity. How well can he possibly understand American culture, if he insulates himself from all of the ways it's expressed?

    Do you think there is any value in understanding the culture of the country which you're representing?
    The ONLY book that I have EVER heard of Donald Trump reading was the book of speeches his first wife Ivana said he kept on his bed-stand and would read regularly for inspiration.

    It was a book of speeches by some guy named 'Adolf'.

    I guess his speeches were translated into English, because this Adolf guy was not a native born English speaker. At least, that's my understanding. I'm forgetting his last name at the moment.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,927
    Thanks
    5078

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Yes, and Hitler painted. But you're missing the point. Trump was elected in part because he was "more relatable" to them. I want to know who here is able to relate to a man with zero interest in music, art, or literature.
    His policy positions are why people voted for him. His taste in the arts does not affect the nation.

  9. #19
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35,104
    Thanks
    30535

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Yes, and Hitler painted. But you're missing the point. Trump was elected in part because he was "more relatable" to them. I want to know who here is able to relate to a man with zero interest in music, art, or literature.
    Hitler had very strong views about painting. He once said that anyone who painted the sky green and the grass blue should be sterilized.

    I'd hate to hear what he thought about 'bluegrass' music.
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #20
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    28,681
    Thanks
    9818

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    Dunno.

    And, it really doesn't matter.
    I think that's your answer, @Djinn
    Thanks from Djinn, OldGaffer, BigLeRoy and 1 others

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 27th May 2018, 04:11 PM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 9th June 2017, 06:19 PM
  3. White Woman Survives The Cultural Marxist Inquistion
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21st March 2016, 05:46 AM
  4. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12th January 2016, 10:56 AM
  5. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 15th February 2011, 08:26 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed