Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
Thanks Tree30Thanks

Thread: Richard Painter - 2020

  1. #1
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    84,749
    Thanks
    54734

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program

    Richard Painter - 2020

    If he primaries Trump in 2020, I’d throw my support behind him and, if he won, I’d probably vote for him in the general because I can’t think of anyone better to be President than a former White House ETHICS attorney. We need to fumagate the White House and I can think of no one better qualified.
    Thanks from Friday13, Minotaur, BoiseBo and 3 others

  2. #2
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    68,099
    Thanks
    4446

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    If he primaries Trump in 2020, I’d throw my support behind him and, if he won, I’d probably vote for him in the general because I can’t think of anyone better to be President than a former White House ETHICS attorney. We need to fumagate the White House and I can think of no one better qualified.
    You would vote for because there would be a D behind his name

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,024
    Thanks
    378

    From
    Tennessee
    Never heard of him.

  4. #4
    Wawa Skittletits BDBoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    43,665
    Thanks
    39132

    From
    Sometimes I get cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    If he primaries Trump in 2020, I’d throw my support behind him and, if he won, I’d probably vote for him in the general because I can’t think of anyone better to be President than a former White House ETHICS attorney. We need to fumagate the White House and I can think of no one better qualified.
    I've watched a couple of interviews with him on YouTube - he's serious business.

    And for those like me who are wondering if it's Bells Palsy or what - he had an attack of the shingles. No idea if this result is permanent.
    Thanks from Friday13 and BoiseBo

  5. #5
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,716
    Thanks
    36260

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Painter needs to win the Senate seat in Minn. first. Al Franken’s old seat.

    I agree with Richard on Trump. He does not mince words, but he is a life long Republican in the Bush Administration.

    I understand how you feel but I want a fresh,young Democrat in the WhiteHouse. Not in favor of Republican retreads.

    BTW, McConnell was run out of a Louisville, Ky. Restaurant this weekend.
    Thanks from BoiseBo and Friday13

  6. #6
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,716
    Thanks
    36260

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I've watched a couple of interviews with him on YouTube - he's serious business.

    And for those like me who are wondering if it's Bells Palsy or what - he had an attack of the shingles. No idea if this result is permanent.
    Thanks for that BD. Everyone wondered.
    Thanks from BDBoop

  7. #7
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28357

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Painter needs to win the Senate seat in Minn. first. Al Franken’s old seat.

    I agree with Richard on Trump. He does not mince words, but he is a life long Republican in the Bush Administration.

    I understand how you feel but I want a fresh,young Democrat in the WhiteHouse. Not in favor of Republican retreads.

    BTW, McConnell was run out of a Louisville, Ky. Restaurant this weekend.
    Actually he wasnt a lifelong republican. He worked for Walter Mondale, appears he hated Reagan.

    "Acted as chairperson for “Harvard Students for Walter Mondale” during Vice President Mondale’s Presidential Campaign."

    https://www.painterminnesota.com/about
    Thanks from pragmatic, Crusher and Macduff

  8. #8
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    84,749
    Thanks
    54734

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You would vote for because there would be a D behind his name
    you have the intelligence of gnat shit, troll

  9. #9
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,780
    Thanks
    32859

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    If he primaries Trump in 2020....
    That is unlikely, as he switched his party designation to Democrat in order to mount a primary challenge against Tina Smith.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Painter

    On the other hand, since he was a Republican until this year, Smith (with a substantial background in state politics) will probably win the primary, at least, in which case Painter could switch back to Republican in order to attempt to primary Trump. But I think the party-switching might make him a tad untrustworthy for partisan purposes, such that someone else would be more likely to succeed in the primary effort.

    Either way, if someone does try to primary Trump, I would switch sides and assist in the attempt, since getting Trump out is more important than whether a Democrat or Republican ultimately prevails.
    Thanks from Panzareta, Friday13, HCProf and 1 others

  10. #10
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,716
    Thanks
    36260

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Actually he wasnt a lifelong republican. He worked for Walter Mondale, appears he hated Reagan.

    "Acted as chairperson for “Harvard Students for Walter Mondale” during Vice President Mondale’s Presidential Campaign."

    https://www.painterminnesota.com/about
    Does not matter. He worked in the Bush WhiteHouse. That means he went along with the lies that brought us the 17 year wars!
    Thanks from Friday13 and Babylon

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 19th June 2018, 07:41 PM
  2. Professor Painter of Minnesota.
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12th August 2017, 11:49 AM
  3. Republican Painter: It's time to impeach Trump
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 3rd August 2017, 05:18 AM
  4. Richard Poplawski to Be Put Down
    By godlessheathen in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th June 2011, 01:02 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed