Members banned from this thread: John T Ford


Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 176
Thanks Tree113Thanks

Thread: A Case For Biden

  1. #41
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,754
    Thanks
    18062

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    The Atlantic did a piece on Biden last week and how he may not be far enough left to win. Says he is comparable to Joe Crowley who lost to a democratic socialist.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-biden/563885/
    Remember a moderate democrat has an edge in the primaries so that may not matter unless they think agenda is more important than getting Trump out in the general. If they do put agenda over winning then they are as vacant as they were in the last election.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,747
    Thanks
    36286

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    The Atlantic did a piece on Biden last week and how he may not be far enough left to win. Says he is comparable to Joe Crowley who lost to a democratic socialist.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-biden/563885/
    Crowley also did not even show up to debate. Neglecting the voters at home took out Eric Cantor,too.

    But seriously,I doubt Joe will run. I do know that Obama and Biden are working hard to rebuild the grass roots that elected him.

    I get lots of info on the Ohio Democratic Party and how they are working. Democrats are registering people to match Jon Husted and his purges.

    I am sure you get the same from your state.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28363

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Remember a democrat has an edge in the primaries so that may not matter unless they think agenda is more important than getting Trump out in the general. If they do put agenda over winning then they are as vacant as they were in the last election.
    Thats the thing, Biden or whoever, needs to win the primary. It doesnt always work out the way its intended. It also depends on turnout and whats happening at the time. Dem primary in 2020 is likely to have at least a dozen running and someone we arent even thinking of may win. Everyone was so sure Hillary would win in 2008 and it didnt turn out that way.

  4. #44
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    50,747
    Thanks
    36286

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Remember a moderate democrat has an edge in the primaries so that may not matter unless they think agenda is more important than getting Trump out in the general. If they do put agenda over winning then they are as vacant as they were in the last election.
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Thats the thing, Biden or whoever, needs to win the primary. It doesnt always work out the way its intended. It also depends on turnout and whats happening at the time. Dem primary in 2020 is likely to have at least a dozen running and someone we arent even thinking of may win. Everyone was so sure Hillary would win in 2008 and it didnt turn out that way.
    This is why I am saying new faces. The past is gone. We need our Elder Statesmen, but as guides, not in office.

  5. #45
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,770
    Thanks
    4220

    From
    Jersey
    I hate to say this but I will definitely be voting for whoever runs against this stupid asshole. I’ve never been forced to vote out of necessity but I don’t think I have a choice this time. No more Ron Paul writeins for me..

    If that speech Trump made in Montana doesn’t show what a blubbering fucking moron he is, then his supporters are just fucking nutz..
    Thanks from Minotaur

  6. #46
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,754
    Thanks
    18062

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
    I hate to say this but I will definitely be voting for whoever runs against this stupid asshole. Iíve never been forced to vote out of necessity but I donít think I have a choice this time. No more Ron Paul writeins for me..

    If that speech Trump made in Montana doesnít show what a blubbering fucking moron he is, then his supporters are just fucking nutz..
    I'm with you Babylon. I feel the same way.
    Thanks from Babylon

  7. #47
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,754
    Thanks
    18062

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Thats the thing, Biden or whoever, needs to win the primary. It doesnt always work out the way its intended. It also depends on turnout and whats happening at the time. Dem primary in 2020 is likely to have at least a dozen running and someone we arent even thinking of may win. Everyone was so sure Hillary would win in 2008 and it didnt turn out that way.
    To early to tell. This is just an early breakdown of Biden. Moderate left tend to win in Democratic primaries. I can't vote until the general so I won't guess on any of this. We'll see a lot of breakdowns of others as time goes on but we are 2 years away and this is when we start thinking about it.

  8. #48
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28363

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
    I hate to say this but I will definitely be voting for whoever runs against this stupid asshole. I’ve never been forced to vote out of necessity but I don’t think I have a choice this time. No more Ron Paul writeins for me..

    If that speech Trump made in Montana doesn’t show what a blubbering fucking moron he is, then his supporters are just fucking nutz..
    Do you live in a state where your vote will matter? I think thats the bigger issue. Its those 8-9 states that it really boils down to.

  9. #49
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28363

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    To early to tell. This is just an early breakdown of Biden. Moderate left tend to win in Democratic primaries. I can't vote until the general so I won't guess on any of this. We'll see a lot of breakdowns of others as time goes on but we are 2 years away and this is when we start thinking about it.
    Its actually not that far off. The first primary is in Feb 2020 which is only 1 year and 8 months away. The candidate will begin announcing after mid terms this year so they can campaign. Some states actually have deadlines of August 2019 to run.

  10. #50
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,754
    Thanks
    18062

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    This is why I am saying new faces. The past is gone. We need our Elder Statesmen, but as guides, not in office.
    Both parties take turns making the mistake of giving primaries to "new" shiny objects during different elections. It rarely works out the way they envision it. Occasionally it works.

    If either party went with a winning "old" procedure, Governors were elected more times than anyone out of Congress. However we are dumbed down enough that it may not work today. I think Obama was only the fourth President in history to come out of Congress.

    It is hard to pull a "new face" out of the box if they have no experience unless we are finally once and for all voting for anything that moves. lol

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ted Cruz Jokes About Joe Biden, As Biden Grieves For His Son
    By TennesseeRain in forum Current Events
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 5th June 2015, 01:15 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th October 2012, 06:29 AM
  3. US undertaking case-by-case review on deportation
    By freecell in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th August 2011, 08:44 AM
  4. Biden gets old school; Giuliani takes bait, Biden gains support
    By Rev. Rob in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th November 2007, 11:09 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed