Members banned from this thread: John T Ford


Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 176
Thanks Tree113Thanks

Thread: A Case For Biden

  1. #51
    Member a777pilot's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,088
    Thanks
    251

    From
    Flower Mound, TX (In the basement)
    The Democrat nominee for President in 2020 will be the last of the current old guard. The new generation will come to center stage in 2024. Till then the Democrats ought work with the Republicans to get things done. The Republican nominee for president in 2020 will also the last of the Republican old guard.
    Thanks from Minotaur

  2. #52
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,749
    Thanks
    18047

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Its actually not that far off. The first primary is in Feb 2020 which is only 1 year and 8 months away. The candidate will begin announcing after mid terms this year so they can campaign. Some states actually have deadlines of August 2019 to run.
    Right but I was answering your post related to who will run. It is going to get interesting so we need to fasten our seatbelts.
    Thanks from bajisima

  3. #53
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28358

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    Both parties take turns making the mistake of giving primaries to "new" shiny objects during different elections. It rarely works out the way they envision it. Occasionally it works.

    If either party went with a winning "old" procedure, Governors were elected more times than anyone out of Congress. However we are dumbed down enough that it may not work today. I think Obama was only the fourth President in history to come out of Congress.

    It is hard to pull a "new face" out of the box if they have no experience unless we are finally once and for all voting for anything that moves. lol
    Its possible primary voters will take that into consideration post Trump and prefer the older wiser politician over a newer younger one. They know exactly how someone like a Biden will govern and who he would choose for his cabinet. Gillibrand, Harris, Booker? They dont really know and may not want to chance it at that point. We will see. I also think Biden's ace in the hole if he runs will be that interview he gave a while ago where he said he would appoint Obama to the Supreme Court. That could drive his victory.

  4. #54
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,749
    Thanks
    18047

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    The Democrat nominee for President in 2020 will be the last of the current old guard. The new generation will come to center stage in 2024. Till then the Democrats ought work with the Republicans to get things done. The Republican nominee for president in 2020 will also the last of the Republican old guard.
    I think that is impossible to guess. Republicans went for a guy who knows/knew nothing so the transition is already made wouldn't you agree? I don't think democrats will do that after seeing the results but time will tell. So in that sense I think you could be right that experience will win over the Democrats and that is either old guard or a governor. Mistakes from both sides are often repeated.

  5. #55
    In the Human Network Babylon's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,770
    Thanks
    4220

    From
    Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Do you live in a state where your vote will matter? I think thats the bigger issue. Its those 8-9 states that it really boils down to.
    No, my vote doesn’t matter, but I’ll do it anyway. Besides, I want my name on his list when he comes after those who voted against him..
    Thanks from Minotaur, bajisima and Jets

  6. #56
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28358

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I think that is impossible to guess. Republicans went for a guy who knows/knew nothing so the transition is already made wouldn't you agree? I don't think democrats will do that after seeing the results but time will tell. So in that sense I think you could be right that experience will win over the Democrats and that is either old guard or a governor. Mistakes from both sides are often repeated.
    Democrats have the advantage like they did in 2008, "anybody but Trump (or Bush back then). The only crazy thing to worry about is another Bernie type, or an independent running third party or a celebrity jumping in last minute. Otherwise I just cant see a repeat of 2016.

  7. #57
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,749
    Thanks
    18047

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Democrats have the advantage like they did in 2008, "anybody but Trump (or Bush back then). The only crazy thing to worry about is another Bernie type, or an independent running third party or a celebrity jumping in last minute. Otherwise I just cant see a repeat of 2016.
    I have no faith that lessons were learned until I see the results of the 2020 election. We should get a hint in November but nothing to take to the bank. I am not betting on an advantage but results should have taught a few lessons. lol

    Every time some celebrity person hints they may run I have to suppress my gag reflex.
    Thanks from bajisima

  8. #58
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,330
    Thanks
    28358

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    I have no faith that lessons were learned until I see the results of the 2020 election. We should get a hint in November but nothing to take to the bank. I am not betting on an advantage but results should have taught a few lessons. lol

    Every time some celebrity person hints they may run I have to suppress my gag reflex.
    You have a problem with President Kardashian?
    Thanks from Minotaur

  9. #59
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21,749
    Thanks
    18047

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    You have a problem with President Kardashian?
    Might be an upgrade? Hahahahaha
    Thanks from BoiseBo

  10. #60
    A Blue Dog Jets Fan Jets's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,785
    Thanks
    8497

    From
    New York
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    You have a problem with President Kardashian?
    Depends on the Kardashian...

    Thanks from Minotaur and bajisima

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ted Cruz Jokes About Joe Biden, As Biden Grieves For His Son
    By TennesseeRain in forum Current Events
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 5th June 2015, 01:15 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th October 2012, 06:29 AM
  3. US undertaking case-by-case review on deportation
    By freecell in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th August 2011, 08:44 AM
  4. Biden gets old school; Giuliani takes bait, Biden gains support
    By Rev. Rob in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th November 2007, 11:09 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed