Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending

  1. #1
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,729
    Thanks
    15769

    From
    SoCal

    Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending

    Droomp lies, his mindless horde accept it as gospel and his flying monkeys push the narrative...rinse, repeat.

    Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending
    President Donald Trump continues to wrongly claim that the United States is paying as much as 90 percent of the cost of operating the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

    In reality, the U.S. share of the commonly funded NATO budget is currently just over 22 percent, according to the most recent figures from NATO.

    Trump’s complaints about NATO spending are actually based on how much the U.S. spends on its own defense compared with what other member nations spend on theirs.

    Still, the U.S. share of total defense spending by all alliance members in 2017 was an estimated 67 percent, according to inflation-adjusted figures from NATO.

    Trump’s most recent criticism of NATO came in a series of morning tweets on July 9, just days before he attends a two-day summit in Brussels with other NATO leaders.
    He wrote that it “is not fair, nor is it acceptable” that “The United States is spending far more on NATO than any other Country.”

    ...MORE...
    Thanks from BigBob and BoiseBo

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,010
    Thanks
    377

    From
    Tennessee
    The US at 22%. The other 28 countries, 78%.

    Trump is spot on. The rest of NATO isn't paying their fair share.
    Last edited by roberthughey; 11th July 2018 at 02:33 PM.
    Thanks from Izzshemovin

  3. #3
    New Member BigBob's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    398

    From
    My house
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Droomp lies, his mindless horde accept it as gospel and his flying monkeys push the narrative...rinse, repeat.

    Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending
    tRump doesn't really know much at all except grabbing pussy.
    Thanks from Friday13, Dangermouse and BoiseBo

  4. #4
    Under Protest excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,554
    Thanks
    3653

    From
    The Milky Way
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    The US at 22%. The other 28 countries, 78%.

    Trump is spot on!!


    I think it is the reverse.


    But money is what’s at the crux of the American irritation with Europe. When I started my career in the Dutch navy four decades ago, NATO had just 15 members, and the U.S. accounted for 50 percent of all defense spending. Now we have 29 members, but the U.S. spends around 72 percent of NATO’s total defense budget.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/nato...st-spend-more/
    Last edited by excalibur; 11th July 2018 at 02:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Under Protest excalibur's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,554
    Thanks
    3653

    From
    The Milky Way
    Our great German ally!


    And The Times today reports all six of the country's submarines were recently put out of service at the same time due to various repairs.

    Andreas Krause, the German navy's inspector, said: "It does not frustrate me but it is very annoying.


    The paper added that there have been times recently when the country has not a single A400M transport plane available for use.

    And in May the Luftwaffe had only four Eurofighter jets available from a total of 128 because of missile and coolant shortages.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/674356...ence-spending/

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    8276

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    The US at 22%. The other 28 countries, 78%.

    Trump is spot on. The rest of NATO isn't paying their fair share.
    Not to point out the blatantly obvious, but smaller countries would pay less.

    So tell me, what is their fair share?

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    32,010
    Thanks
    377

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Not to point out the blatantly obvious, but smaller countries would pay less.

    So tell me, what is their fair share?
    More then what are paying now.

  8. #8
    New Member Izzshemovin's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    27

    From
    Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday13 View Post
    Droomp lies, his mindless horde accept it as gospel and his flying monkeys push the narrative...rinse, repeat.

    Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending
    About factcheck.org....

    If you look behind the scenes at these phony "fact check" sites, you find that they are funded by organizations with political biases. You must always ask yourself. Who is writing about this so-called "truth." Who funds the site and pays their expenses. What are the origins and history of the funders and who are they associated with. In the case of factcheck.org they receive their funding from the liberal Annenberg Foundation.

    The Annenberg Foundation was originally founded by Walter J. Annenberg, a conservative who supported Ronald Reagan. However, when Walter Annenberg died, his family took over the management of the foundation and it took a turn to the far left and has ties to radical left individuals such as Bill Ayers and his friend and fellow left wing radical collegue Barack Obama. How is factcheck.org associated with these people:

    To start, Ayers was the key founder of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was a Chicago public school reform project from 1995 to 2001. Upon its start in 1995, Obama was appointed Board Chairman and President of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Geesh, that alone connects all three. Well, it branches out even more from there.

    Ayers co-chaired the organization’s Collaborative, which set the education policies of the Challenge. Oddly enough, Obama was the one who was authorized to delegate to the Collaborative in regards to its programs and projects. In addition to that, Obama often times had to seek advice and assistance from the Ayer’s led Collaborative in regards to the programmatic aspects of grant proposals. Ayers even sat on the same board as Obama as an “ex officio member”. They both also sat together on the board of the CAC’s Governance Committee. Obama and Ayers were two parts of a group of four who were instructed to draft the bylaws that would govern the CAC. Keep in mind that the “A” in CAC is for Annenberg, the owners of FactCheck.org. The funding for Ayer’s projects and those of his cronies was approved by Board Chair, Barack Obama.


    http://theswash.com/liberty/who-fact...-factcheck-org

  9. #9
    New Member BigBob's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    426
    Thanks
    398

    From
    My house
    Why is it that factcheck gets it correct when they check the facts?
    Thanks from Dangermouse, Friday13, Leo2 and 2 others

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,280
    Thanks
    8276

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by roberthughey View Post
    More then what are paying now.
    Why? Because Trump whines about it?
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7th July 2016, 06:53 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 17th December 2015, 05:08 PM
  3. Prove that government spending is more econ. stimulating than private sector spending
    By NonPartisanCapitalist in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 7th October 2012, 02:15 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 7th December 2011, 11:48 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed