Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 92
Thanks Tree48Thanks

Thread: Will Socialists Divide the Democrat Party

  1. #1
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30,582
    Thanks
    8001

    From
    Great State of Texas

    Will Socialists Divide the Democrat Party



    I'm not fan of the View, or Meghan McCain for that matter.

    I think the show should be canceled for exploiting women who let their cra-cra show but, with that said, I think McCain makes some interesting points about normalizing socialism and Behar shows her true colors.

    I think socialism has already divided the Democrat Party.

    We saw that when HRC rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders.

    But, I don't think the Democrats, like what Whoopi pretends to be by her comment in the beginning of the video, will be able to keep the Socialist at bay.

    The Bernie fans and the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's will dominate the party.

    I do not think this will be a winning ticket for the party.

    It will perpetrate that 8 year losing streak.
    Thanks from Trumpet

  2. #2
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    27,557
    Thanks
    18209

    From
    Missouri
    There's definitely a growing divide.

    Over the weekend, Ocasio-Cortez was here in STL stumping for Cori Bush, who's challenging William Lacy Clay, Jr. https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...o-cortez-upset. Clay's been in office since 2001 and is generally considered a shoe-in. But who knows?
    Thanks from bajisima

  3. #3
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30,582
    Thanks
    8001

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    There's definitely a growing divide.

    Over the weekend, Ocasio-Cortez was here in STL stumping for Cori Bush, who's challenging William Lacy Clay, Jr. https://www.riverfronttimes.com/news...o-cortez-upset. Clay's been in office since 2001 and is generally considered a shoe-in. But who knows?
    I think the Party has been splintered since 2008 and I agree the divide is getting bigger.

    But, this new trying to normalize socialism is not going to help the Democrats win elections.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member HenryPorter's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,082
    Thanks
    11497

    From
    N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post


    I'm not fan of the View, or Meghan McCain for that matter.

    I think the show should be canceled for exploiting women who let their cra-cra show but, with that said, I think McCain makes some interesting points about normalizing socialism and Behar shows her true colors.

    I think socialism has already divided the Democrat Party.

    We saw that when HRC rigged the primary against Bernie Sanders.

    But, I don't think the Democrats, like what Whoopi pretends to be by her comment in the beginning of the video, will be able to keep the Socialist at bay.

    The Bernie fans and the Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's will dominate the party.

    I do not think this will be a winning ticket for the party.

    It will perpetrate that 8 year losing streak.
    Interesting though, racist shitbags haven't divided the Republican Party, but those who want healthcare for everyone will divide Democrats. I find that fascinating.
    Thanks from OldGaffer, BitterPill and BigLeRoy

  5. #5
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    30,582
    Thanks
    8001

    From
    Great State of Texas


    Like it or not .....

    This is the new face of the Party of the Left.

  6. #6
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55,003
    Thanks
    42532

    From
    CA
    Sigh...each candidate runs on what is best for the own "district"

    So far I think Ocasio-Cortez is the only one "running" on socialism.

  7. #7
    Senior Member libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    8,183
    Thanks
    2654

    From
    ohio
    It's just a loud fringe section of the left. The fact is that there are still millions of "blue-dog democrats" that voted for Obama in 08 and Trump in 16. They're more moderate and the louder this wing of the party gets, the further right they go.
    Thanks from Trumpet and Jets

  8. #8
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    55,003
    Thanks
    42532

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post


    Like it or not .....

    This is the new face of the Party of the Left.
    In your fevered dreams.
    Thanks from birdzeyez, EnigmaO01 and BigLeRoy

  9. #9
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    56,297
    Thanks
    3098

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryPorter View Post
    Interesting though, racist shitbags haven't divided the Republican Party, but those who want healthcare for everyone will divide Democrats. I find that fascinating.
    What's really fascinating is the Socialist plan on paying for everything they want to give to people for free. They keep telling us the one percent will pay for everything or Wall Street. What happens if the economy crashes and those rich guys don't have money anymore? Socialist have a pipe dream of how everything will magically be free. Its not logical, the rich will never make the poor prosperous . They need to get jobs and make their own way

  10. #10
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    39,976
    Thanks
    38384

    From
    United States
    If Dennis Kucinich couldn't turn the Democrats into Socialists, then I doubt that a first term Representative from NYC can.

    The civil war in the Democratic Party is being greatly exaggerated by Republicans. Can't blame them. They need to stir up all of the discord they possibly can for 2018, because they've become the Party of TrumpŠ.
    Thanks from HayJenn and BigLeRoy

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Democrat Socialists "Just getting started".
    By Goofball in forum Current Events
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 3rd July 2018, 12:55 PM
  2. Looking At the Democrat Party
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 24th May 2015, 01:53 PM
  3. The Great Democrat Divide of 2011-Obama vs. Reid?
    By Mordent in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th January 2011, 09:30 PM
  4. The Democrat Party is done...its over!!
    By TheDarkKnight in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 20th January 2010, 10:44 PM
  5. Your Democrat Party Is Gone
    By zman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23rd January 2006, 04:34 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed