Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
Thanks Tree47Thanks

Thread: High-stakes Ohio election just got closer as county finds hundreds of uncounted votes

  1. #1
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,910
    Thanks
    16139

    From
    SoCal

    High-stakes Ohio election just got closer as county finds hundreds of uncounted votes

    So...it ain't over yet.

    High-stakes Ohio election just got closer after county finds hundreds of uncounted votes
    COLUMBUS – The tight race between Democrat Danny O'Connor and Republican Troy Balderson just got tighter.
    Election officials in Franklin County found 588 previously uncounted votes in a Columbus suburb. The result: O'Connor had a net gain of 190 votes, bringing the race's margin down to 1,564.

    "The votes from a portion of one voting location had not been processed into the tabulation system," according to a Franklin County Board of Elections news release.

    Balderson declared victory Tuesday night in the closely watched congressional district race in central Ohio. But O'Connor says he's waiting for all votes to be counted.

    That includes 3,435 provisional ballots and 5,048 absentee ballots, which will be tabulated by Aug. 24.


    ...MORE...

  2. #2
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51,609
    Thanks
    37007

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    I doubt it will change but 3 months from now is a new ball game as the contest gets closer.
    Thanks from Madeline, Friday13 and DebateDrone

  3. #3
    Chaos in fourteen lines Minotaur's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    22,161
    Thanks
    18574

    From
    USA
    It will be interesting to see the tally when they add in the 3,435 provisional ballots and 5,048 absentee ballots.

  4. #4
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,841
    Thanks
    32945

    From
    Border Fence
    Did Kasich get played or was he in on the Balderson - Trump love fest?

    Kasich had been saying and campaigning that Balderson was free of Trump then last minute Trump shows up saying Balserson was his guy.

    Kasich said Balderson assured John that he did not invite Trump...but Balderson really played up Trump at his rally and his 'acceptance speech'. John even went on national TV claiming that Balderson did not invite Trump and that Trump just showed up.

    Did Kasich get played by Balderson? Telling John he was a #nevertrumper and all along knowing that Trump was to endorse last minute?


    Why is this important. A] Looks like John convinced a lot of people Troy was independent of Trump. A lot of those provincial votes plus early votes could have been from Republicans that wanted as John said Troy was...someone independent of Trump.

    What I find interesting is that John has not come out and called out Troy for chumming up to Trump. Which makes me believe John was in on the strategy all along. Pick up as many of the #Nevertrumpers as possible then let Trump swoop in and fill in the cracks.

    No matter how independent John says he is...he's still a Republican.
    Last edited by DebateDrone; 9th August 2018 at 02:33 AM.

  5. #5
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,841
    Thanks
    32945

    From
    Border Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
    It will be interesting to see the tally when they add in the 3,435 provisional ballots and 5,048 absentee ballots.
    I wonder of O'conner can pull in 5,000 more votes for Nov.
    Thanks from Minotaur and Friday13

  6. #6
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51,609
    Thanks
    37007

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Did Kasich get played or was he in on the Balderson - Trump love fest?

    Kasich had been saying and campaigning that Balderson was free of Trump then last minute Trump shows up saying Balserson was his guy.

    Kasich said Balderson assured John that he did not invite Trump...but Balderson really played up Trump at his rally and his 'acceptance speech'. John even went on national TV claiming that Balderson did not invite Trump and that Trump just showed up.

    Did Kasich get played by Balderson? Telling John he was a #nevertrumper and all along knowing that Trump was to endorse last minute?


    Why is this important. A] Looks like John convinced a lot of people Troy was independent of Trump. A lot of those provincial votes plus early votes could have been from Republicans that wanted as John said Troy was...someone independent of Trump.

    What I find interesting is that John has not come out and called out Troy for chumming up to Trump. Which makes me believe John was in on the strategy all along. Pick up as many of the #Nevertrumpers as possible then let Trump swoop in and fill in the cracks.

    No matter how independent John says he is...he's still a Republican.
    Kasich is not at all Independent. He just stayed at the Holiday Inn. This same Kasich has gutted funding for Public Schools. Given his friends millions of Charter School money that many quickly absconded.
    This is just one. I could give you more.

    https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-kasich-220700

    He tried to kill Public Unions. Sold all the Prisons to private Investors.

    He just got on the Never Trump bandwagon to make himself look moderate,a real Christian.
    Thanks from DebateDrone, Friday13 and Blueneck

  7. #7
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51,609
    Thanks
    37007

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    I wonder of O'conner can pull in 5,000 more votes for Nov.
    Doubful, but the closer it gets,the better.
    Thanks from Minotaur and Friday13

  8. #8
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    47,146
    Thanks
    29145

    From
    New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Did Kasich get played or was he in on the Balderson - Trump love fest?

    Kasich had been saying and campaigning that Balderson was free of Trump then last minute Trump shows up saying Balserson was his guy.

    Kasich said Balderson assured John that he did not invite Trump...but Balderson really played up Trump at his rally and his 'acceptance speech'. John even went on national TV claiming that Balderson did not invite Trump and that Trump just showed up.

    Did Kasich get played by Balderson? Telling John he was a #nevertrumper and all along knowing that Trump was to endorse last minute?


    Why is this important. A] Looks like John convinced a lot of people Troy was independent of Trump. A lot of those provincial votes plus early votes could have been from Republicans that wanted as John said Troy was...someone independent of Trump.

    What I find interesting is that John has not come out and called out Troy for chumming up to Trump. Which makes me believe John was in on the strategy all along. Pick up as many of the #Nevertrumpers as possible then let Trump swoop in and fill in the cracks.

    No matter how independent John says he is...he's still a Republican.
    Of course Kasich is still a republican. And so are all those suburban women who voted for OConnor, Conor Lamb and Doug Jones. Please dont think these voters are now suddenly democrats just because Trump is so unappealing. They still lean right and are likely to go back to voting for republicans when they get better candidates. Thats why democrats get pulled right at these times. They need to appeal to those disgruntled GOPers. Kasich never would have endorsed Balderson had he said from the beginning he was a Trump supporter.
    Thanks from Minotaur and pragmatic

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    28,153
    Thanks
    7164

    From
    midwest
    Never underestimate the value of moral victories...
    Thanks from Minotaur

  10. #10
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,841
    Thanks
    32945

    From
    Border Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    Of course Kasich is still a republican. And so are all those suburban women who voted for OConnor, Conor Lamb and Doug Jones. Please dont think these voters are now suddenly democrats just because Trump is so unappealing. They still lean right and are likely to go back to voting for republicans when they get better candidates. Thats why democrats get pulled right at these times. They need to appeal to those disgruntled GOPers. Kasich never would have endorsed Balderson had he said from the beginning he was a Trump supporter.
    I understand that Republicans like McCain and Collins are still Republicans but being independent of Trump, they are able to act independently and keep ACA and Medicare.

    That is the point. Kasich says he wants a return to a GOP that does not go off all Trump. That is what is confusing to me. Kasich backing a Trump supporter if Balderson were up front with Kasich.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Findlay,Ohio Hancock County
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 8th August 2017, 06:17 PM
  2. Pike And Scioto County,Ohio
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st July 2017, 12:05 PM
  3. Court challenge holds high stakes for Obama
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 26th March 2012, 11:12 AM
  4. High-stakes duel between Rep. Paul and Bernanke intensifies
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10th December 2009, 01:47 PM
  5. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 9th November 2007, 05:05 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed