Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 238

Thread: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

  1. #51
    Libre

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Contraceptives guarantee nothing. They decrease the chances of impregnation, which is great, but if you extrapolate an unrealistically high prevention rate of 99.99% by the number of people using them every day, you STILL wind up with thousands of unwanted pregnancies every year.

    There is one form of contraception which is guaranteed 100% effective. DON'T FUCK! YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TO FUCK AND THEN FORCE ME TO PAY FOR THE RESULT OF YOUR STUPIDITY. End of story.

  2. #52
    uncommonman

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    This is the whole reason why we need to develope a "pregnancy vaccine." It should be safe, effective, free, and completely reversible. It should be available to anyone who wants it. It should be made to work for both males and females who want it.

    It would take two people who both wanted to have a baby to have a baby.

    It would end the "mistakes." It would make abortion obsolete. It wouldn't matter if abortion was legal or not. We just wouldn't have anyone seeking an abortion.

  3. #53
    nuit

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Do we even know when she had the kids? Let me guess, she was married to a soldier who went off to Iraq who died over there. She had her kids when she still had a husband who she thought the govt would support her if he died. The govt did by putting her on welfare. She didn't want to be on welfare but was only taking it because she wanted to become a nurse to support her family. You're saying she shouldn't have had her kids with her husband because she couldn't see the future. Perhaps her husband didn't die in iraq, he just ran out on her, or died in a car accident. How can you assume so much about this womans situation from this article?

  4. #54
    nuit

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by mjdsr View Post
    No one is advocating watching children starve to death. Do you think she would have had these children if she was not getting the assistance? While none of of could know this for sure, it is something to ponder. Again, as a society, we are enabling this type of irresponsible behavior.
    that's called freedom.

  5. #55
    Freedom for All

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by uncommonman View Post
    This is the whole reason why we need to develope a "pregnancy vaccine." It should be safe, effective, free, and completely reversible. It should be available to anyone who wants it. It should be made to work for both males and females who want it.

    It would take two people who both wanted to have a baby to have a baby.

    It would end the "mistakes." It would make abortion obsolete. It wouldn't matter if abortion was legal or not. We just wouldn't have anyone seeking an abortion.
    Ideally it would be easy to use, prevent the spread of infectious diseases, and free.

    I think I'll get a patent for the word "NO".

  6. #56
    Libre

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by nuit View Post
    that's called freedom.
    Not when you believe it's ok to force someone else to pay for it. That's called slavery.

  7. #57
    Nerv14

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Libre View Post
    Not when you believe it's ok to force someone else to pay for it. That's called slavery.
    If the majority of people agree that a certain tax to help the poor should exist, in a local level anyway, you can just move to an area without that tax. So it isn't slavery. I would see the problem with forcing people to pay that tax if it is federal and therefore the only way to avoid it is to leave the country.

    If you are going to follow that idea, then it would be impossible to find any welfare that is not slavery, even if it is incredibly supported.

  8. #58
    Libre

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerv14 View Post
    If the majority of people agree that a certain tax to help the poor should exist, in a local level anyway, you can just move to an area without that tax. So it isn't slavery.
    It would be to the people who already live there. If all these people agree why don't they just give money to charity? Why does the government need to be involved?

    I would see the problem with forcing people to pay that tax if it is federal and therefore the only way to avoid it is to leave the country.
    What's the difference if I have to leave the country or to leave my home?

    If you are going to follow that idea, then it would be impossible to find any welfare that is not slavery, even if it is incredibly supported.
    All welfare is slavery, PERIOD. If it's "incredibly supported" let the incredible supporters fund it on their own. They will end up serving the people better with less government waste and more control themselves over what they support where the government can have a change of heart any time. Best of all, they won't have to violate the rights of someone else to do it.

    Isn't a "win win" better than a "win lose?"

  9. #59
    uncommonman

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom for All View Post
    Ideally it would be easy to use, prevent the spread of infectious diseases, and free.

    I think I'll get a patent for the word "NO".
    Outside of marriage and without the possibility of pregnancy, I would probably agree with you. Unfortunately, sex happens outside of those confines for a large portion of this society. Most of the people who keep sex solely within a marriage and understand that they may become pregnant as a result, assume the responsibilty of taking care of any offspring which may result on their own and do not seek abortions.

    Those people would probably not want the vaccine.

    There is a large sector of society that has sex, many times unprotected, outside of marriage. They do get pregnant as a result. Some cannot afford the children they produce. Some get abortions.

    You cannot stop others from having sex so offer them an alternative that will not breed a new crop of leaches on society milking the public teet.

  10. #60
    Nerv14

    Re: Can't Feed 'Em? Don't Breed 'Em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Libre View Post
    It would be to the people who already live there. If all these people agree why don't they just give money to charity? Why does the government need to be involved?

    What's the difference if I have to leave the country or to leave my home?

    All welfare is slavery, PERIOD. If it's "incredibly supported" let the incredible supporters fund it on their own. They will end up serving the people better with less government waste and more control themselves over what they support where the government can have a change of heart any time. Best of all, they won't have to violate the rights of someone else to do it.

    Isn't a "win win" better than a "win lose?"
    Charity is just one person giving money, wheras taxes are everyone giving money so they would be more effective money wise. If the government gets involved then everyone knows that more money will be given to the poor. If one person just decided to give large amounts of money it is obvious that that one donation won't make much difference, but if everyone had to, then it would make a real difference.

    There is a problem with government welfare being inneficent but that isn't inherent in local programs.

    Anyway, the point with local communitty welfare is that it is only present when the people agree on it, so it isn't as much different form charity as you think. It also isn't slavery because someone can easily move to a different town.

    What you say about welfare is true today, but welfare does not need to be that extreme.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Poverty does not breed extremism in Pakistan, study finds
    By Mister D in forum Political Ideologies
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 29th June 2011, 06:58 AM
  2. help feed the hungry
    By anonnymous in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 25th February 2009, 01:26 PM
  3. Live feed!!!
    By whatsyurprob in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st August 2008, 09:56 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed