Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

  1. #1
    Think for myself

    Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    So I came across a comparison website that states the candidates issues on various subject. In my desperate search for a reason to tolerate Baldwin, I wanted to double check his positions. Guess what? He has some notable ones missing on the following topics.

    Crime
    Drugs
    Civil Rights
    Family
    Welfare/Poverty.

    Can anyone link me to his stances on the afore mentioned?

  2. #2
    Defensor

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    So I came across a comparison website that states the candidates issues on various subject. In my desperate search for a reason to tolerate Baldwin, I wanted to double check his positions. Guess what? He has some notable ones missing on the following topics.

    Crime
    Drugs
    Civil Rights
    Family
    Welfare/Poverty.

    Can anyone link me to his stances on the afore mentioned?
    The President of the United States doesn't need (and quite frankly, shouldn't have) a position on those things.

  3. #3
    Sparta

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Is having a position on family a good thing? Sounds condecending to me.

  4. #4
    Think for myself

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Defensor View Post
    The President of the United States doesn't need (and quite frankly, shouldn't have) a position on those things.

    Really? I find it very odd that the leader of the free world woud not have a thought on how to curb crime or deal with poverty and welfare. Don't you?

  5. #5
    Nerv14

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Really? I find it very odd that the leader of the free world woud not have a thought on how to curb crime or deal with poverty and welfare. Don't you?
    Baldwin wants to leave those issues up to the states so there is no need for him to have policy positions on them. (except for abortion of course... because he has selective state's rights)

    However, he also doesn't have a plan when he talks about Iraq, a balanced budget and education (which he believes should be a states issues but i disagree). I am also confused on his stance on forign trade.

  6. #6
    Nerv14

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Is having a position on family a good thing? Sounds condecending to me.
    I completely agree, when it comes to isssues relating to the family, abortion or gay rights, those are "moral issues" and since they are subjective the federal government shouldn't have laws relating to them. I think the government should get out of those completely, but they should at most be state's issues.

    Why did Reagan have to bring those issues into politics?!?!?

  7. #7
    Ausinus

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerv14 View Post
    I completely agree, when it comes to isssues relating to the family, abortion or gay rights, those are "moral issues" and since they are subjective the federal government shouldn't have laws relating to them. I think the government should get out of those completely, but they should at most be state's issues.

    Why did Reagan have to bring those issues into politics?!?!?
    The states dont exactly have a spot on track record when it comes to civil rights. Stupid southern states. :grumble:

  8. #8
    michaelr

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Whats the matter think, Baldwin pulling votes from your man?

  9. #9
    Ausinus

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
    Whats the matter think, Baldwin pulling votes from your man?
    TFM is a McCain supporter?

  10. #10
    michaelr

    Re: Baldwin has a platform? Not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausinus View Post
    TFM is a McCain supporter?
    No, he is an Obama man, unless he is like another member that I know of that swings both ways, depending who's winning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. could you support this party's platform?
    By nonsqtr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 12th December 2009, 10:46 AM
  2. Crafting the GOP Platform
    By Ronin Tetsuro in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10th September 2008, 05:45 PM
  3. Republican Platform for 2008
    By Blueneck in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31st August 2008, 08:52 AM
  4. Constitution Party Platform
    By conservative in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 30th January 2007, 05:26 PM
  5. Republican Platform 2008?
    By conservative in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29th January 2007, 03:05 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed