View Poll Results: Will a new Obama health care plan cut waste in healthcare or grow it?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • cut waste

    2 16.67%
  • grow waste

    10 83.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

  1. #1
    lakeman

    Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    "There's plenty of waste in Medicare, but the Congressional Budget Office estimates only 1 percent of the savings under the legislation will be from curbing waste, fraud and abuse. That means the rest will likely come from reducing what patients get."

    "Shockingly, only a portion of the money accumulated from slashing senior benefits and raising taxes goes to pay for covering the uninsured. The Senate bill allocates huge sums to "community transformation grants," home visits for expectant families, services for migrant workers -- and the creation of dozens of new government councils, programs and advisory boards slipped into the last 500 pages. "

    http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/...ses_179667.htm

    Considering that and all else that we know about government, what do you think? Will the plan, if enacted, cut waste or grow it? Since when has any government program cut waste?

  2. #2
    wingrider

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    it will grow exponentially as with all goverment programs .. you know it.. I know it... most of America knows it.. Congress and senate don't get it..

  3. #3
    Davocrat

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Cutting out profit-hungry insurance execs will save money in an of itself.

  4. #4
    Chad750

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    Cutting out profit-hungry insurance execs will save money in an of itself.

    Yeah and cutting out profit-hungry doctors, nurses, CRNA's and others in health care will improve it greatly.

    Because we all work only for the greater good of humanity.

    Give me a break Davo, without profit care will plummett.

    Riddle me this do you know any Cardiothoracic Surgeon who spend 4 year undergrad, 4 years med school, and 8 years as a piss poor resident, not to mention a fellowship who are gonna go through all that work to make only 100k a year instead of their usual 350k+ a year?

    Nope I think I will just be a family physician where is the incentive?

  5. #5
    Davocrat

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad750 View Post
    Yeah and cutting out profit-hungry doctors, nurses, CRNA's and others in health care will improve it greatly.

    Because we all work only for the greater good of humanity.

    Give me a break Davo, without profit care will plummett.

    Riddle me this do you know any Cardiothoracic Surgeon who spend 4 year undergrad, 4 years med school, and 8 years as a piss poor resident, not to mention a fellowship who are gonna go through all that work to make only 100k a year instead of their usual 350k+ a year?

    Nope I think I will just be a family physician where is the incentive?
    I didn't say doctors shouldn't make a profit. And I didn't say profit in general was bad. I implied that insurance companies pay people huge salaries and offer large bonuses. THOSE executives' sole (or primary) motive is to make more money. They don't care about helping you stay healthy.

    In a public non-profit system, that goes away. So there is immediately a savings.

  6. #6
    Chad750

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    So you believe that the salaries of healthcare professionals will stay relatively the same with gov. takeover.

    Considering CRNA's recieve 125k out of school Doctors anywhere from 150k-in the millions for a neurosurgeon. You dont think gov. will step in and cap these salaries.

    I mean if you do fine, however I have seen what the VA pays the same professionals, and what the private sector pays and there is a large difference.

    Now I could be wrong and I hope I am because this thing is gonna pass whether me or you wants it to or not.

    But I doubt it.

  7. #7
    Bourne

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad750 View Post
    Yeah and cutting out profit-hungry doctors, nurses, CRNA's and others in health care will improve it greatly.

    Because we all work only for the greater good of humanity.

    Give me a break Davo, without profit care will plummett.

    Riddle me this do you know any Cardiothoracic Surgeon who spend 4 year undergrad, 4 years med school, and 8 years as a piss poor resident, not to mention a fellowship who are gonna go through all that work to make only 100k a year instead of their usual 350k+ a year?

    Nope I think I will just be a family physician where is the incentive?
    This may come as a bit of a shock to you but physicians do not train for a speciality because of the expected financial rewards. They train because of a sincere interest in that specialty.

  8. #8
    Davocrat

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad750 View Post
    So you believe that the salaries of healthcare professionals will stay relatively the same with gov. takeover.

    Considering CRNA's recieve 125k out of school Doctors anywhere from 150k-in the millions for a neurosurgeon. You dont think gov. will step in and cap these salaries.

    I mean if you do fine, however I have seen what the VA pays the same professionals, and what the private sector pays and there is a large difference.

    Now I could be wrong and I hope I am because this thing is gonna pass whether me or you wants it to or not.

    But I doubt it.
    Since doctors are such ardent capitalists and free-marketeers, I'm sure many will elect not to accept government insurance. I know a lot who don't take Medicare or EVEN Blue Cross Blue Shield NOW.

  9. #9
    Davocrat

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Also, there's nothing stopping a physician's practice from setting up a non-insurance policy for people who just want to pay full price. A smart practice could probably do this, maybe by offering care for an annual membership that covers everything minus critical items. Just make the numbers work and you've got a whole new model that makes ALL insurance obsolete. There is nothing in Obama's plan that would prevent this from happening.

  10. #10
    Stinger

    Re: Will Obama's health care plan stop waste or grow waste?

    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    I didn't say doctors shouldn't make a profit. And I didn't say profit in general was bad. I implied that insurance companies pay people huge salaries and offer large bonuses. THOSE executives' sole (or primary) motive is to make more money. They don't care about helping you stay healthy.

    In a public non-profit system, that goes away. So there is immediately a savings.
    Non-profits have to make money else they will go out of business. You didn't know that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Transparency or waste?
    By metheron in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 31st January 2010, 01:02 PM
  2. My Health Care plan
    By freckles in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 24th January 2010, 11:14 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th June 2009, 03:35 PM
  4. Obama's health care plan considered the best
    By Bourne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 270
    Last Post: 17th September 2008, 10:44 AM
  5. NASA a waste??
    By mpano66 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 23rd February 2007, 08:25 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed