Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: Bush's deficit, Bush's war, Bush's debt

  1. #1
    Senior Member zitiboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,624
    Thanks
    2137

    From
    In a better place than u

    Bush's deficit, Bush's war, Bush's debt

    "When George W. Bush made his first public appearance in many months on Tuesday, his utterances may
    have revealed more than he intended. "I wish they weren't called the 'Bush tax cuts,'" he said. But does he
    really believe, as he seemed to suggest, that Americans want to let those cuts expire from a desire to spite him?
    Or is there a deeper Bush who would prefer not to be associated with fiscal profligacy and ideological overreach?

    Whatever his motives, Bush's curious remark draws a sharp contrast with Bill Clinton — who often speaks proudly
    of the tax increase that was so central to his first budget as president two decades ago. Clinton, who talks publicly
    far more often than Bush, often notes that the 1993 tax increase, supported only by Democrats, was the first step
    toward balance and growth after a dozen years of Republican irresponsibility and stagnation.

    It isn't clear that Bush actually understands the indelible effects of his tax and spending policies. Someone should
    explain to him what is so painfully obvious when the numbers are added up: Not only should the tax cuts be
    named after him, so should the deficit and the debt."

    What's in a Name? George W. Regrets Dubbing Those ‘Bush Tax Cuts' - Yahoo! News

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,096
    Thanks
    11

    Obama owns them now.

  3. #3
    Senior Member zitiboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,624
    Thanks
    2137

    From
    In a better place than u
    In other words, lying and cheating and smearing is a-o-k.

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14,096
    Thanks
    11

    Quote Originally Posted by zitiboy View Post
    In other words, lying and cheating and smearing is a-o-k.
    In other words the Deficit and Debt were way destroyed by Obama's insane spending. In Afghansistan Obama tripled the troops. He most certainly owns that too.

  5. #5
    Senior Member zitiboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,624
    Thanks
    2137

    From
    In a better place than u
    You're making me nostalgic...I rememeber when I had MY first beer...

  6. #6
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    31,242
    Thanks
    19383

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
    Obama owns them now.
    Actually Obama has owned them for a couple of years. Their scheduled sunset was in 2010. Which is when Obama signed the extension....

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Snikitz's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,627
    Thanks
    4650

    From
    Split between Minnesota and New Orleans
    Quote Originally Posted by zitiboy View Post
    In other words, lying and cheating and smearing is a-o-k.
    I guess so, Obama can't open his flap without lying.

  8. #8
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    84,193
    Thanks
    53899

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Actually Obama has owned them for a couple of years. Their scheduled sunset was in 2010. Which is when Obama signed the extension....
    Why on earth would he have done that?

  9. #9
    King Obama is a traitor! michaelr's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89,668
    Thanks
    2736

    From
    FEMA Region 10
    Quote Originally Posted by zitiboy View Post
    "When George W. Bush made his first public appearance in many months on Tuesday, his utterances may
    have revealed more than he intended. "I wish they weren't called the 'Bush tax cuts,'" he said. But does he
    really believe, as he seemed to suggest, that Americans want to let those cuts expire from a desire to spite him?
    Or is there a deeper Bush who would prefer not to be associated with fiscal profligacy and ideological overreach?

    Whatever his motives, Bush's curious remark draws a sharp contrast with Bill Clinton — who often speaks proudly
    of the tax increase that was so central to his first budget as president two decades ago. Clinton, who talks publicly
    far more often than Bush, often notes that the 1993 tax increase, supported only by Democrats, was the first step
    toward balance and growth after a dozen years of Republican irresponsibility and stagnation.

    It isn't clear that Bush actually understands the indelible effects of his tax and spending policies. Someone should
    explain to him what is so painfully obvious when the numbers are added up: Not only should the tax cuts be
    named after him, so should the deficit and the debt."

    What's in a Name? George W. Regrets Dubbing Those ‘Bush Tax Cuts' - Yahoo! News
    Obama owns them now, but hey that is because GE and other differeds owns Obama. You got bushwhacked. hahahaha

  10. #10
    Senior Member zitiboy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,624
    Thanks
    2137

    From
    In a better place than u
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    Actually Obama has owned them for a couple of years. Their scheduled sunset was in 2010. Which is when Obama signed the extension....
    That's actually a lie by omission.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed