Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: What more can you say about Modern Republican thinking?

  1. #1
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ

    What more can you say about Modern Republican thinking?

    "It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November (unless he chooses to step down and we get the Ryan-Rubio ticket we deserve!). But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Romney's comments ... are stupid and arrogant." - Bill Kristol, The Weekly Standard

    Uh...huh?!?! So..."We know that Romney is an asshole, and a moron, but he is still what is needed in the White House," Really?!?!? In what universe does that comment even come close to being logical?!?!? Didn't we try stupid, and arrogant with Georgie? I thought we decided that was an inconceivably bad idea. So, now we wanna do it again?!?!?

  2. #2
    Senior Member whitedog's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,348
    Thanks
    136

    Quote Originally Posted by czernobog View Post
    "it remains important for the country that romney wins in november (unless he chooses to step down and we get the ryan-rubio ticket we deserve!). But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that romney's comments ... Are stupid and arrogant." - bill kristol, the weekly standard

    uh...huh?!?! So..."we know that romney is an asshole, and a moron, but he is still what is needed in the white house," really?!?!? In what universe does that comment even come close to being logical?!?!?
    fox world

  3. #3
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4667

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    "It remains important for the country that Romney wins in November (unless he chooses to step down and we get the Ryan-Rubio ticket we deserve!). But that shouldn't blind us to the fact that Romney's comments ... are stupid and arrogant." - Bill Kristol, The Weekly Standard

    Uh...huh?!?! So..."We know that Romney is an asshole, and a moron, but he is still what is needed in the White House," Really?!?!? In what universe does that comment even come close to being logical?!?!? Didn't we try stupid, and arrogant with Georgie? I thought we decided that was an inconceivably bad idea. So, now we wanna do it again?!?!?
    Bill Kristol is a Neo-Con. Remember? Alternate realities and all that?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Bill Kristol is a Neo-Con. Remember? Alternate realities and all that?
    Oh gods!!! Did I just open a door for Mr. Fucking Neo-Con?!?!?

  5. #5
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4667

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by Czernobog View Post
    Oh gods!!! Did I just open a door for Mr. Fucking Neo-Con?!?!?
    Here's my theory (which may be an interesting discussion for Mr. Neo-Con too):

    Romney is not a Neo-Con. In fact, he doesn't even like Neo-Cons. He's a strange bird, that's for sure, but he's no Neo-Con. He's been distancing himself from the Neo-Cons in many ways, and yes he's Romney so he'll say whatever it takes to get elected, but if you look at his actions you'll see the displeasure with Neo-Cons.

    Now, the Neo-Cons know this, and they're going to vote for him anyway 'cause he's a Republican. Which is kind of Kristol's point, but there's no lovefest going the other way either, the Neo-Cons don't seem to like Romney very much either. But they're still going to vote for him, and work for him, and donate money to him. Which means they're going to "expect" something after all that effort.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    29,366
    Thanks
    2840

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Gotta love how the left likes to use the phrase neo cons...

    The TEA Party is not about new conservatives...those were moderates (proving one cannot please libbies) and they were a big part of the problem.

    It's conservatives (fundametal) that are needed to help get this nation back on track.

  7. #7
    Senior Member whitedog's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,348
    Thanks
    136

    Quote Originally Posted by nonsqtr View Post
    Here's my theory (which may be an interesting discussion for Mr. Neo-Con too):

    Romney is not a Neo-Con. In fact, he doesn't even like Neo-Cons. He's a strange bird, that's for sure, but he's no Neo-Con. He's been distancing himself from the Neo-Cons in many ways, and yes he's Romney so he'll say whatever it takes to get elected, but if you look at his actions you'll see the displeasure with Neo-Cons.

    Now, the Neo-Cons know this, and they're going to vote for him anyway 'cause he's a Republican. Which is kind of Kristol's point, but there's no lovefest going the other way either, the Neo-Cons don't seem to like Romney very much either. But they're still going to vote for him, and work for him, and donate money to him. Which means they're going to "expect" something after all that effort.
    they expect iran. its obvious

  8. #8
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    42,991
    Thanks
    18465

    From
    A place not infested with lying partisan hacks
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Gotta love how the left likes to use the phrase neo cons...

    The TEA Party is not about new conservatives...those were moderates (proving one cannot please libbies) and they were a big part of the problem.

    It's conservatives (fundametal) that are needed to help get this nation back on track.
    The conservative with brains and the ability of think and reason logically and intelligently fled your party long ago Carpe.
    what is going to bring them back?

  9. #9
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,903
    Thanks
    4667

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    It's conservatives (fundametal) that are needed to help get this nation back on track.
    Yeah, except there aren't any. Certainly not in the Republican party.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    35,477
    Thanks
    17709

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by carpe diem View Post
    Gotta love how the left likes to use the phrase neo cons...

    The TEA Party is not about new conservatives...those were moderates (proving one cannot please libbies) and they were a big part of the problem.

    It's conservatives (fundametal) that are needed to help get this nation back on track.
    And that's not Mitt Romney. He is certainly not a classic conservative, as these new tapes are showing. And it's not that he's not an intellectual - it's that he's down-right stupid. I mean when your own party cheerleaders are calling you a fucking moron, dude! You got a problem!

    And the disturbing thing is, that Bristol is basically saying, "Yeah. We know he's about as bright as a piece of broccoli, but he has an (R) after his name, damnit! So, he'll just have to do,"

    That's a pretty fucked up ideology.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed