Page 80 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 791 to 800 of 1094
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Do you really need an Assault riffle to defend yourself?

  1. #791
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,637
    Thanks
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    Tubig,


    Do you support people owning handguns and ar-15's? yes or no?


    what is your position on outlawing ownership outright should it come to a vote?
    Are you going to answer the OP?

  2. #792
    Join, or Die nonsqtr's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    32,893
    Thanks
    4656

    From
    Vertiform City
    Quote Originally Posted by tubig View Post
    Are you going to answer the OP?
    We've clearly established that there are situation in which you'd likely need an (automatic) assault rifle for self defense.

    You've seen three examples already.

    Now, how about you answer the Rev's question?

  3. #793
    Bovver Boy Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35,660
    Thanks
    3512

    From
    I, Spoiler
    Quote Originally Posted by tubig View Post
    Are you going to answer the OP?


    I did. Stop copping out. What are you hiding? What are you afraid of?

  4. #794
    Semantic Secret Service Cicero's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24,952
    Thanks
    7617

    From
    Virginia
    Here ya go, @tubig. 101 reasons why anyone would NEED an assault rifle

    You need an assault weapon—
    •1. to help continue the American tradition of citizen/soldier.
    •2. for recreation.
    •3. to collect military small arms.
    •4. to get quick extra shots at more game while hunting.
    •5. to get quick extra shots at the same game while hunting.
    •6. for more fun plinking.
    •7. to defend yourself against a street gang.
    •8. to defend yourself against mob violence.
    •9. to defend yourself against looters.
    •10. to shoot in a Civilian Marksmanship Program competition.
    •11. to shoot in an “Action Rifle” or “Practical Rifle” target match.
    •12. to assist the police in an emergency (e.g. 1966 Texas Tower Sniper incident, citizens assisted with M1′s).
    •13. to help defend the country from a foreign invasion.
    •14. to help defend the country from an internal takeover.
    •15. to help the firearms industry remain economically strong.
    •16. to pay the federal tax on guns that goes to aid wildlife.
    •17. to encourage further research into new firearm technology.
    •18. to save time while shooting.
    •19. to have increased reliability in functioning.
    •20. to have a longer lasting firearm.
    •21. to have a less costly/ more affordable firearm.
    •22. to have an easier to manufacture firearm.
    •23. to have an easier to repair firearm.
    •24. to have an easier to take apart and clean firearm.
    •25. to have a more versatile firearm.
    •26. to own a highly weather resistant firearm.
    •27. to appreciate the evolution of firearm technology.
    •28. to defend your business.
    •29. to defend your home.
    •30. to defend your boat.
    •31. to defend your camp.
    •32. to defend your ranch.
    •33. to defend your farm.
    •34. to defend your family.
    •35. to have reduced recoil when shooting.
    •36. as an investment.
    •37. as a military souvenir.
    •38. as a hedge against inflation.
    •39. because criminals statistically prefer revolvers over all other firearms.
    •40. to have a more psychologically intimidating firearm. (often the mere presence of a firearm will stop a crime)
    •41. to own a firearm least likely to be used in a crime. (less than 1% are assault firearms.)
    •42. to own a firearm which purposely functions slower than other firearms thereby reducing recoil. (e.g. Remington 1100.)
    •43. to own a firearm used in Olympic competition.
    •44. to appreciate the mechanical genius of firearm designers.
    •45. to have a firearm which uses external magazines.
    •46. to shoot at the National Matches at Camp Perry.
    •47. to reject anti-gun bias.
    •48. to challenge “Big Brotherism”.
    •49. to protect yourself against a pack of feral dogs.
    •50. to own a firearm better for the physically handicapped.
    •51. to save all firearms by not giving in to “salami” tactics.
    •52. to do trick shooting (e.g. multiple aerial targets).
    •53. to shoot military ammunition. (Inexpensive surplus)
    •54. to be part of an armed populous, creating a tactical disadvantage for any potential enemies.
    •55. to familiarize yourself with your country’s military rifle.
    •56. to familiarize yourself with a foreign country’s military rifle.
    •57. because they are interesting.
    •58. to hang on your wall.
    •59. to shoot clay targets.
    •60. to shoot paper targets.
    •61. to shoot Metallic Silhouettes.
    •62. to exercise your constitutional rights.
    •63. to exercise a natural right.
    •64. to exercise a civil right.
    •65. to exercise a fundamental right.
    •66. to exercise an inalienable right.
    •67. to exercise a human right.
    •68. to defend yourself after a New York City-type blackout.
    •69. to defend yourself against a Miami-type riot.
    •70. to defend yourself after a St. Croix-type hurricane in which both officers and escaped prisoners have run amok.
    •71. to avoid a “Tiananmen Square” in the U.S.
    •72. to own a firearm in common use and therefore protected under the Heller decision.
    •73. to protect livestock from predators.
    •74. to show support for political ideals of the founding fathers.
    •75. to own a firearm designed to wound rather than kill (according to the Dir. Of the Wound Ballistics Laboratory).
    •76. to own a firearm not readily convertible to full automatic.
    •77. to own a firearm with that “shoulder thingy that goes up.”
    •78. to own a “state-of-the-art” firearm (e.g. FN SCAR).
    •79. to own a “turn-of-the-century” firearm (e.g. Borchardt).
    •80. which is more pleasant to shoot (lighter and less recoil).
    •81. because all of your other firearms will be banned next.
    •82. to own a firearm which is difficult to conceal.
    •83. to own a firearm which the media glamorizes.
    •84. to own a firearm which might be banned.
    •85. to own a firearm which is banned.
    •86. to own a firearm that is no frills and practical in design.
    •87. to own on of the most mechanically-safe firearms. (e.g. Uzi).
    •88. to own a firearm that is a “work of art”.
    •89. to own a Valmet M-76 which the BATF says has no sporting use.
    •90. to own a Valmet Hunter which the BATF says has sporting use.
    •91. to own a firearm that made history (e.g. M-1 Carbine).
    •92. to shoot a firearm that made history.
    •93. to own a firearm that can be dropped and still function.
    •94. to own a firearm that can be coated in mud and still function.
    •95. to own a firearm that can be dunked in water and function.
    •96. to own a firearm that can be frozen solid and still function.
    •97. to own a firearm that can be buried in sand and still function.
    •98. to be a prepared member of the unorganized militia as defined in the US Code (10 US Code Sect. 311 (a)).
    •99. to distinguish between an object and its misuse.
    •100.because you believe in freedom.
    •101.if YOU say you need one. In America, an individual’s need should not be determined by the state. There are approximately 100 million firearm owners in the country. That’s 100 million more reasons for owning any firearm.


    Read more at Ammoland.com: 101 Reasons Why You NEED an "Assault Weapon"

  5. #795
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,637
    Thanks
    112

    Originally Posted by Cicero
    There, there, Tubig...you can come out of your shell. Freedom isn't that scary
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Hey guys, tubing is not the one that thinks he NEEDS a AR-15 with a 20 or 30 round magazine, now is he?
    Read the thread title as many times as need be. The question is NOT do you want one, NOT do you prefer that over another weapon, NOT if you believe it's your Constitutions right to have one, but rather do you NEED one for self-defense.
    It's simple, why the need to turn everything into a cluster fuck of partisan politics, name calling and general bull-fucking shit?
    Because they cannot succeed with rationale argument. That shortfall applies to most of the mandate of today's right wing. They are panicking at the thought of demographics in 2030 and want to seize single-party power before then. Guns are part of it. Apart from everything else, the guys who agree to front these arguments are not the shiniest diamonds on the velvet.

  6. #796
    Senior Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    36,593
    Thanks
    7959

    From
    St. louis, Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Here ya go, @tubig. 101 reasons why anyone would NEED an assault rifle

    You need an assault weapon—
    •1. to help continue the American tradition of citizen/soldier.
    •2. for recreation.
    •3. to collect military small arms.
    •4. to get quick extra shots at more game while hunting.
    •5. to get quick extra shots at the same game while hunting.
    •6. for more fun plinking.
    •7. to defend yourself against a street gang.
    •8. to defend yourself against mob violence.
    •9. to defend yourself against looters.
    •10. to shoot in a Civilian Marksmanship Program competition.
    •11. to shoot in an “Action Rifle” or “Practical Rifle” target match.
    •12. to assist the police in an emergency (e.g. 1966 Texas Tower Sniper incident, citizens assisted with M1′s).
    •13. to help defend the country from a foreign invasion.
    •14. to help defend the country from an internal takeover.
    •15. to help the firearms industry remain economically strong.
    •16. to pay the federal tax on guns that goes to aid wildlife.
    •17. to encourage further research into new firearm technology.
    •18. to save time while shooting.
    •19. to have increased reliability in functioning.
    •20. to have a longer lasting firearm.
    •21. to have a less costly/ more affordable firearm.
    •22. to have an easier to manufacture firearm.
    •23. to have an easier to repair firearm.
    •24. to have an easier to take apart and clean firearm.
    •25. to have a more versatile firearm.
    •26. to own a highly weather resistant firearm.
    •27. to appreciate the evolution of firearm technology.
    •28. to defend your business.
    •29. to defend your home.
    •30. to defend your boat.
    •31. to defend your camp.
    •32. to defend your ranch.
    •33. to defend your farm.
    •34. to defend your family.
    •35. to have reduced recoil when shooting.
    •36. as an investment.
    •37. as a military souvenir.
    •38. as a hedge against inflation.
    •39. because criminals statistically prefer revolvers over all other firearms.
    •40. to have a more psychologically intimidating firearm. (often the mere presence of a firearm will stop a crime)
    •41. to own a firearm least likely to be used in a crime. (less than 1% are assault firearms.)
    •42. to own a firearm which purposely functions slower than other firearms thereby reducing recoil. (e.g. Remington 1100.)
    •43. to own a firearm used in Olympic competition.
    •44. to appreciate the mechanical genius of firearm designers.
    •45. to have a firearm which uses external magazines.
    •46. to shoot at the National Matches at Camp Perry.
    •47. to reject anti-gun bias.
    •48. to challenge “Big Brotherism”.
    •49. to protect yourself against a pack of feral dogs.
    •50. to own a firearm better for the physically handicapped.
    •51. to save all firearms by not giving in to “salami” tactics.
    •52. to do trick shooting (e.g. multiple aerial targets).
    •53. to shoot military ammunition. (Inexpensive surplus)
    •54. to be part of an armed populous, creating a tactical disadvantage for any potential enemies.
    •55. to familiarize yourself with your country’s military rifle.
    •56. to familiarize yourself with a foreign country’s military rifle.
    •57. because they are interesting.
    •58. to hang on your wall.
    •59. to shoot clay targets.
    •60. to shoot paper targets.
    •61. to shoot Metallic Silhouettes.
    •62. to exercise your constitutional rights.
    •63. to exercise a natural right.
    •64. to exercise a civil right.
    •65. to exercise a fundamental right.
    •66. to exercise an inalienable right.
    •67. to exercise a human right.
    •68. to defend yourself after a New York City-type blackout.
    •69. to defend yourself against a Miami-type riot.
    •70. to defend yourself after a St. Croix-type hurricane in which both officers and escaped prisoners have run amok.
    •71. to avoid a “Tiananmen Square” in the U.S.
    •72. to own a firearm in common use and therefore protected under the Heller decision.
    •73. to protect livestock from predators.
    •74. to show support for political ideals of the founding fathers.
    •75. to own a firearm designed to wound rather than kill (according to the Dir. Of the Wound Ballistics Laboratory).
    •76. to own a firearm not readily convertible to full automatic.
    •77. to own a firearm with that “shoulder thingy that goes up.”
    •78. to own a “state-of-the-art” firearm (e.g. FN SCAR).
    •79. to own a “turn-of-the-century” firearm (e.g. Borchardt).
    •80. which is more pleasant to shoot (lighter and less recoil).
    •81. because all of your other firearms will be banned next.
    •82. to own a firearm which is difficult to conceal.
    •83. to own a firearm which the media glamorizes.
    •84. to own a firearm which might be banned.
    •85. to own a firearm which is banned.
    •86. to own a firearm that is no frills and practical in design.
    •87. to own on of the most mechanically-safe firearms. (e.g. Uzi).
    •88. to own a firearm that is a “work of art”.
    •89. to own a Valmet M-76 which the BATF says has no sporting use.
    •90. to own a Valmet Hunter which the BATF says has sporting use.
    •91. to own a firearm that made history (e.g. M-1 Carbine).
    •92. to shoot a firearm that made history.
    •93. to own a firearm that can be dropped and still function.
    •94. to own a firearm that can be coated in mud and still function.
    •95. to own a firearm that can be dunked in water and function.
    •96. to own a firearm that can be frozen solid and still function.
    •97. to own a firearm that can be buried in sand and still function.
    •98. to be a prepared member of the unorganized militia as defined in the US Code (10 US Code Sect. 311 (a)).
    •99. to distinguish between an object and its misuse.
    •100.because you believe in freedom.
    •101.if YOU say you need one. In America, an individual’s need should not be determined by the state. There are approximately 100 million firearm owners in the country. That’s 100 million more reasons for owning any firearm.


    Read more at Ammoland.com: 101 Reasons Why You NEED an "Assault Weapon"

  7. #797
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,637
    Thanks
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    I did. Stop copping out. What are you hiding? What are you afraid of?
    I didn't see any answer. Mind you I ignore most of what you type. What post #?

  8. #798
    Semantic Secret Service Cicero's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24,952
    Thanks
    7617

    From
    Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by tubig View Post
    Because they cannot succeed with rationale argument. That shortfall applies to most of the mandate of today's right wing. They are panicking at the thought of demographics in 2030 and want to seize single-party power before then. Guns are part of it. Apart from everything else, the guys who agree to front these arguments are not the shiniest diamonds on the velvet.

  9. #799
    Semantic Secret Service Cicero's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24,952
    Thanks
    7617

    From
    Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah, I know... it's tough when your arguments all fall apart, all at once.

  10. #800
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,637
    Thanks
    112

    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Here ya go, @tubig. 101 reasons why anyone would NEED an assault rifle

    You need an assault weapon—
    •1. to help continue the American tradition of citizen/soldier.
    •2. for recreation.
    •3. to collect military small arms.
    •4. to get quick extra shots at more game while hunting.
    •5. to get quick extra shots at the same game while hunting.
    •6. for more fun plinking.
    •7. to defend yourself against a street gang.
    •8. to defend yourself against mob violence.
    •9. to defend yourself against looters.
    •10. to shoot in a Civilian Marksmanship Program competition.
    •11. to shoot in an “Action Rifle” or “Practical Rifle” target match.
    •12. to assist the police in an emergency (e.g. 1966 Texas Tower Sniper incident, citizens assisted with M1′s).
    •13. to help defend the country from a foreign invasion.
    •14. to help defend the country from an internal takeover.
    •15. to help the firearms industry remain economically strong.
    •16. to pay the federal tax on guns that goes to aid wildlife.
    •17. to encourage further research into new firearm technology.
    •18. to save time while shooting.
    •19. to have increased reliability in functioning.
    •20. to have a longer lasting firearm.
    •21. to have a less costly/ more affordable firearm.
    •22. to have an easier to manufacture firearm.
    •23. to have an easier to repair firearm.
    •24. to have an easier to take apart and clean firearm.
    •25. to have a more versatile firearm.
    •26. to own a highly weather resistant firearm.
    •27. to appreciate the evolution of firearm technology.
    •28. to defend your business.
    •29. to defend your home.
    •30. to defend your boat.
    •31. to defend your camp.
    •32. to defend your ranch.
    •33. to defend your farm.
    •34. to defend your family.
    •35. to have reduced recoil when shooting.
    •36. as an investment.
    •37. as a military souvenir.
    •38. as a hedge against inflation.
    •39. because criminals statistically prefer revolvers over all other firearms.
    •40. to have a more psychologically intimidating firearm. (often the mere presence of a firearm will stop a crime)
    •41. to own a firearm least likely to be used in a crime. (less than 1% are assault firearms.)
    •42. to own a firearm which purposely functions slower than other firearms thereby reducing recoil. (e.g. Remington 1100.)
    •43. to own a firearm used in Olympic competition.
    •44. to appreciate the mechanical genius of firearm designers.
    •45. to have a firearm which uses external magazines.
    •46. to shoot at the National Matches at Camp Perry.
    •47. to reject anti-gun bias.
    •48. to challenge “Big Brotherism”.
    •49. to protect yourself against a pack of feral dogs.
    •50. to own a firearm better for the physically handicapped.
    •51. to save all firearms by not giving in to “salami” tactics.
    •52. to do trick shooting (e.g. multiple aerial targets).
    •53. to shoot military ammunition. (Inexpensive surplus)
    •54. to be part of an armed populous, creating a tactical disadvantage for any potential enemies.
    •55. to familiarize yourself with your country’s military rifle.
    •56. to familiarize yourself with a foreign country’s military rifle.
    •57. because they are interesting.
    •58. to hang on your wall.
    •59. to shoot clay targets.
    •60. to shoot paper targets.
    •61. to shoot Metallic Silhouettes.
    •62. to exercise your constitutional rights.
    •63. to exercise a natural right.
    •64. to exercise a civil right.
    •65. to exercise a fundamental right.
    •66. to exercise an inalienable right.
    •67. to exercise a human right.
    •68. to defend yourself after a New York City-type blackout.
    •69. to defend yourself against a Miami-type riot.
    •70. to defend yourself after a St. Croix-type hurricane in which both officers and escaped prisoners have run amok.
    •71. to avoid a “Tiananmen Square” in the U.S.
    •72. to own a firearm in common use and therefore protected under the Heller decision.
    •73. to protect livestock from predators.
    •74. to show support for political ideals of the founding fathers.
    •75. to own a firearm designed to wound rather than kill (according to the Dir. Of the Wound Ballistics Laboratory).
    •76. to own a firearm not readily convertible to full automatic.
    •77. to own a firearm with that “shoulder thingy that goes up.”
    •78. to own a “state-of-the-art” firearm (e.g. FN SCAR).
    •79. to own a “turn-of-the-century” firearm (e.g. Borchardt).
    •80. which is more pleasant to shoot (lighter and less recoil).
    •81. because all of your other firearms will be banned next.
    •82. to own a firearm which is difficult to conceal.
    •83. to own a firearm which the media glamorizes.
    •84. to own a firearm which might be banned.
    •85. to own a firearm which is banned.
    •86. to own a firearm that is no frills and practical in design.
    •87. to own on of the most mechanically-safe firearms. (e.g. Uzi).
    •88. to own a firearm that is a “work of art”.
    •89. to own a Valmet M-76 which the BATF says has no sporting use.
    •90. to own a Valmet Hunter which the BATF says has sporting use.
    •91. to own a firearm that made history (e.g. M-1 Carbine).
    •92. to shoot a firearm that made history.
    •93. to own a firearm that can be dropped and still function.
    •94. to own a firearm that can be coated in mud and still function.
    •95. to own a firearm that can be dunked in water and function.
    •96. to own a firearm that can be frozen solid and still function.
    •97. to own a firearm that can be buried in sand and still function.
    •98. to be a prepared member of the unorganized militia as defined in the US Code (10 US Code Sect. 311 (a)).
    •99. to distinguish between an object and its misuse.
    •100.because you believe in freedom.
    •101.if YOU say you need one. In America, an individual’s need should not be determined by the state. There are approximately 100 million firearm owners in the country. That’s 100 million more reasons for owning any firearm.
    Public safety trumps all of these.

Page 80 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed