2013 is starting out worse than 2012 for school shootings.
A Rapid Increase in School Shootings in 2013 - theTrumpet.com
As terrible as 2012 was, 2013 has been even more deadly. In the month of January alone, a mind-staggering eight, yes, eight school shootings took place.
- January 10, Taft, California: A gunman entered a science classroom of Taft Union High School with a 12-gauge shotgun and opened fire. A 16-year-old male student was shot in the chest and critically wounded while a teacher was also slightly injured. …
- January 11, Detroit, Michigan: A 16-year-old boy was shot after an altercation during a pickup game of basketball….
- January 15, St. Louis, Missouri: A gunman shot and wounded the financial aid director of the Stevens Institute of Business and Arts in his office after an altercation. …
- January 15, Hazard, Kentucky, Hazard Community and Technical College: Two people were shot and killed, and a third person, a 12-year-old girl, was wounded and succumbed to her wounds the next day.
- January 16, Chicago, Illinois: A 17-year-old boy was shot to death in a parking lot of Chicago State University after a high school basketball game….
- January 22, Houston, Texas: Two men got into an argument and one of the men pulled out a gun and shot the other … at the Lone Star College, near Houston.
- January 29, Midland City, Alabama: A gunman boarded a school bus and shot and killed the bus driver …. [then] abducted a 5-year-old child …. The child was still being held hostage three days later.
- January 31, Atlanta, Georgia: A 14-year-old male student was shot and wounded in the back of the neck at Price Middle School in Georgia....
Anybody want to suggest that schools would be safer if there were double the number of gun carriers in them?