Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 158
Thanks Tree52Thanks

Thread: Obama & military suppress Christianity.

  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,190
    Thanks
    4933

    Obama & military suppress Christianity.

    Have been reading numerous stories about military suppressing faith. Does anyone know personally
    if this is happening. Recent appointment of Weinstein suggests that.

    The stories go on & on.

    Rear Admiral Says Faith is Under Threat in Military
    A high-ranking Coast Guard official said at a National Day of Prayer event that religious liberty in the U.S. military is being threatened and that service members are being told to hide their faith in Christ

    Pentagon Adviser Compares Christian Evangelism to "Rape"
    Religious Groups Fear Christian Purge From Military
    Radicalizing the Military
    As the military goes, so goes the country. Our enemies are watching us, and they like what they see.
    ‘Get in line’ or ‘resign’ Admiral tells military chaplain

    Top brass crush career of Army officer who warned of jihadists
    Col WEST: Thrown Under the (Jihadi) Bus: Political Cowardice Derails Career of Lt. Col. Dooley
    The Terrorists Won in Boston

    Military surrenders in war on Christian evangelism
    Air Force Officer Told to Remove Bible From Desk
    Pentagon taps anti-Christian extremist for religious tolerance policy

    Army training material on 'religious extremism' lists Evangelical Christians, Catholics and some Jews alongside KKK, Al_Queda and Hamas
    U.S. Soldier: Removing Cross is Attack on Christianity
    State Department official: Knew from 'get go’ Benghazi strike was terror attack

    Diocletian purged the Army of Christians, then used the Army against them
    Christian soldiers no more - Is Obama the new Nero?


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErzxOz3Dzv8 interesting talk on Islam and why military
    will destroy bibles but show reverence to Koran.
    Last edited by THOR; 1st June 2013 at 12:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24,619
    Thanks
    23352

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Relax, it's just whiny paranoid Christianists. Nothing for sane people to worry about

  3. #3
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,597
    Thanks
    71923

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    That's some funny shit.

  4. #4
    Trumpaloompa Tormenter Cicero's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36,825
    Thanks
    23804

    From
    Virginia
    I am definitely starting the Christian Persecution Network (CPN). Given the number of times this bullshit has resurfaced (in different threads) it's bound to be a gold mine.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey and BDBoop

  5. #5
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    94,597
    Thanks
    71923

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    I am definitely starting the Christian Persecution Network (CPN). Given the number of times this bullshit has resurfaced (in different threads) it's bound to be a gold mine.
    Yeah, I'm sure there's money to be made out there somewhere. Just trying to figure out the best way to milk that cow.

  6. #6
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    81,369
    Thanks
    43860

    From
    becoming more and more
    Karl Rove might have some pointers.

  7. #7
    Senior Member vikingbeast's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,640
    Thanks
    6377

    From
    Banned Camp Segregation Unit
    HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!! I just got back from Saturday night services at my Lutheran church where my daughter sang a solo. I think the OP is right!!!! Although she didn't miss a single note and was generally her flawless self, I noted she got a strange look on her face about toward the end of the solo. She said she saw guys enter the back door in military uniforms with Obama's "Hope and Change" symbol patched on their sleeve! She also thought she saw a drone wiz by the window!

    BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!!

  8. #8
    Veteran Member HenryPorter's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,777
    Thanks
    11174

    From
    N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Have been reading numerous stories about military suppressing faith. Does anyone know personally
    if this is happening. Recent appointment of Weinstein suggests that.

    The stories go on & on.

    Rear Admiral Says Faith is Under Threat in Military
    A high-ranking Coast Guard official said at a National Day of Prayer event that religious liberty in the U.S. military is being threatened and that service members are being told to hide their faith in Christ

    Pentagon Adviser Compares Christian Evangelism to "Rape"
    Religious Groups Fear Christian Purge From Military
    Radicalizing the Military
    As the military goes, so goes the country. Our enemies are watching us, and they like what they see.
    ‘Get in line’ or ‘resign’ Admiral tells military chaplain

    Top brass crush career of Army officer who warned of jihadists
    Col WEST: Thrown Under the (Jihadi) Bus: Political Cowardice Derails Career of Lt. Col. Dooley
    The Terrorists Won in Boston

    Military surrenders in war on Christian evangelism
    Air Force Officer Told to Remove Bible From Desk
    Pentagon taps anti-Christian extremist for religious tolerance policy

    Army training material on 'religious extremism' lists Evangelical Christians, Catholics and some Jews alongside KKK, Al_Queda and Hamas
    U.S. Soldier: Removing Cross is Attack on Christianity
    State Department official: Knew from 'get go’ Benghazi strike was terror attack

    Diocletian purged the Army of Christians, then used the Army against them
    Christian soldiers no more - Is Obama the new Nero?


    Shariamerica: Islam, Obama, and the Establishment Clause - YouTube interesting talk on Islam and why military
    will destroy bibles but show reverence to Koran.
    With little effort you could have looked into the allegation a little further and found this:

    An Air Force panel sent to investigate the religious climate at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs found evidence that officers and faculty members periodically used their positions to promote their Christian beliefs and failed to accommodate the religious needs of non-Christian cadets, its leader said Wednesday.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/23/po...anted=all&_r=0

    I suppose that has improved since 2005, at least I would hope.

  9. #9
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37,840
    Thanks
    22675

    From
    Toronto
    I suppose your military just doesn't want soldiers pushing their faith on others. What's wrong with that? Faith should be private, kept to oneself.
    Thanks from Friday13, HadEnough2 and Muninn

  10. #10
    Senior Member yuri zhivago's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,003
    Thanks
    1297

    From
    North East
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I suppose your military just doesn't want soldiers pushing their faith on others. What's wrong with that? Faith should be private, kept to oneself.
    many RW Americans for years were fed the "persecution complex" by their Pravda siblings at FOX at al.
    you know how effective propaganda can be, and how people with the tendency to take any info from their tribal or cult leaders as an ultimate truth -get easily brainwashed.
    Last edited by yuri zhivago; 1st June 2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Thanks from vikingbeast

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed