Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Thanks Tree46Thanks

Thread: Welcome to TrumpCare

  1. #21
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,049
    Thanks
    20032

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Good, hopefully my deductible goes back to normal.

    Obama tripled it.
    Such a coincidence that it is the uneducated who all had triple deductibles. I wonder if there is a correlation?

  2. #22
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,266
    Thanks
    4085

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    My favorite blogger, in today's parlance is Neil Macdonald of the CBC. He was the CBC's Washington correspondent for a few years but he is now back home and more concentrating on Canadian subjects. But he took a look at Trumpdon'tcare yesterday. Some good bits in it, one in particular:

    ... Under Trumpcare, which is all about freedom, people will be free to buy no insurance. They will also be free not to be able to afford insurance. Because, well, liberty.

    But anyone who has insurance and lets his or her coverage lapse, for any reason (even losing a job) shall face a 30 per cent premium increase if that person tries to renew.

    Trumpcare actually directs insurance companies to tack on the big surcharge, not that they need convincing.

    This way, the government shifts the job of penalizing from the IRS to the insurance companies, thereby replacing slavery with liberty. If it's government screwing you, like Obama did, that's socialism. If it's a corporation screwing you, and profiting in the process, well, that's the American way. Freedom. ...
    Trumpcare will see some Americans lose health coverage because... 'freedom': Neil Macdonald - CBC News | Opinion
    Thanks from TennesseeRain

  3. #23
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    28,838
    Thanks
    7470

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    My favorite blogger, in today's parlance is Neil Macdonald of the CBC. He was the CBC's Washington correspondent for a few years but he is now back home and more concentrating on Canadian subjects. But he took a look at Trumpdon'tcare yesterday. Some good bits in it, one in particular:



    Trumpcare will see some Americans lose health coverage because... 'freedom': Neil Macdonald - CBC News | Opinion
    It says that 18,000,000 will not have coverage. You do know that is 12,000,000 gain in people getting coverage over obamacare which in year 10 left 30,000,000 plus uninsured. (remember in 2008 there were only 28,000,000 without healthcare. obamacare left more people uninsured than Bush care


    CBO: Uninsured Under Obamacare Never Falls Below 30 Million | The Weekly Standard


    2017 - 30,000,000

    2018 - 30,000,000

    2019 - 30,000,000

    2020 - 30,000,000

    2021 - 31,000,000

    2022 - 31,000,000

    2023 - 31,000,000
    Last edited by TNVolunteer73; 11th March 2017 at 09:52 AM.

  4. #24
    Veteran Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,275
    Thanks
    9912

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    It says that 18,000,000 will not have coverage. You do know that is 12,000,000 gain in people getting coverage over obamacare which in year 10 left 30,000,000 plus uninsured. (remember in 2008 there were only 28,000,000 without healthcare. obamacare left more people uninsured than Bush care
    You hated Obamacare, alright we know. If you thought it was wrong for millions to be left off insurance under Obama, surely you also think it is wrong to leave millions off under Trump's plan, right?

  5. #25
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    2895

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Democrats will never admit the GOP can do good
    ObamaCare saved my life, says a lifelong evangelical Republican.

    North Carolinian*John Thompson, "a*pro-life, evangelical Christian and a Republican voter for 28 years:"
    [Cancer]*has no party affiliation. It struck Thompson after he lost his job and his insurance in 2013. As he fought cancer and worked to find another job, the GOP leadership in the General Assembly slashed his unemployment benefits.
    “Obamacare saved my life,” Thompson said at a “Save My Care” rally in Greensboro on Wednesday.
    Thompson said he feels betrayed by the party he has supported for most of his life.
    “For 40 years, I paid my taxes, worked to support my family, gave to my church, and I contributed to my community,” Thompson said. “But in my hour of need, when my back was against the wall, in the richest country in the history of the universe, where was the GOP for me? If it was up to those guys, and they could have done to Obamacare then what they’re getting ready to do to it now, shoot, I’d probably be laying dead in a ditch somewhere today.”

  6. #26
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    28,838
    Thanks
    7470

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by OHjulie View Post
    ObamaCare saved my life, says a lifelong evangelical Republican.

    North Carolinian*John Thompson, "a*pro-life, evangelical Christian and a Republican voter for 28 years:"
    [Cancer]*has no party affiliation. It struck Thompson after he lost his job and his insurance in 2013. As he fought cancer and worked to find another job, the GOP leadership in the General Assembly slashed his unemployment benefits.
    “Obamacare saved my life,” Thompson said at a “Save My Care” rally in Greensboro on Wednesday.
    Thompson said he feels betrayed by the party he has supported for most of his life.
    “For 40 years, I paid my taxes, worked to support my family, gave to my church, and I contributed to my community,” Thompson said. “But in my hour of need, when my back was against the wall, in the richest country in the history of the universe, where was the GOP for me? If it was up to those guys, and they could have done to Obamacare then what they’re getting ready to do to it now, shoot, I’d probably be laying dead in a ditch somewhere today.”
    The last time unemployment was cut, was in 2010... .... Democrats controlled the House, Senate and White House.. they cut the Unemployment benefits extenetion in the 2011 FY Budget. (the last budget that Harry Reid allowed to be passed until FY 2016.

  7. #27
    Member birdzeyez's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,142
    Thanks
    1680

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    The last time unemployment was cut, was in 2010... .... Democrats controlled the House, Senate and White House.. they cut the Unemployment benefits extenetion in the 2011 FY Budget. (the last budget that Harry Reid allowed to be passed until FY 2016.
    He said, "the GOP leadership in the General Assembly slashed his unemployment benefits." That's the STATE government, not the federal government. The NC STATE government, governor, General Assembly and state Senate were GOP controlled at that time.

    You should really get your facts straight before spouting off like that and making a fool of yourself.

  8. #28
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    2895

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    The last time unemployment was cut, was in 2010... .... Democrats controlled the House, Senate and White House.. they cut the Unemployment benefits extenetion in the 2011 FY Budget. (the last budget that Harry Reid allowed to be passed until FY 2016.
    Bottom line - states control the timing and granting of unemployment benefits.
    That life-long Republican knows who screwed him.
    ObamaCare saved his life and he KNOWS Republicans intend
    to screw the American public with TrumpCare.

  9. #29
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    14,463
    Thanks
    8065

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Such a coincidence that it is the uneducated who all had triple deductibles. I wonder if there is a correlation?
    I really don't consider myself uneducated, especially about insurance, and my deductible tripled in the last 3 years. Three years ago it was 250.00, today it is 3000.00. You don't work anymore...so you are not seeing the impact of Obamacare on some folks employer sponsored insurance. When Obama said "skin in the game" I knew there were going to be more out of pocket...I just did not expect to become skinless for the new mandates Skin in the game only applied to the middle class...I guess the "uneducated ones" are paying the tab for everyone else.

  10. #30
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,692
    Thanks
    12820

    From
    SoCal

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Republican Lawmakers Worry If 'Trumpcare' Doesn't Deliver
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 28th January 2017, 05:13 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 5th January 2017, 05:23 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed