Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Thanks Tree37Thanks

Thread: Vermont Institutes Travel Ban

  1. #1
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    62,579
    Thanks
    31300

    From
    Vulcan

    Vermont Institutes Travel Ban

    Vermont Institutes Travel Ban For Residents of Six States Known to Produce Terrorists

    MONTPELIER – Gov. Phil Scott signed legislation late yesterday afternoon that would effectively ban residents of six states from entering Vermont. Gov. Scott denied that it was a ban, and said only that it was to ensure the safety of Vermonters. The ban is seen as controversial, despite the last minute amendment that would allow access to the state for those with relatives living here.

    The six states whose residents are are now banned from entering Vermont are: (click link above)

  2. #2
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    52,564
    Thanks
    40447

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Vermont Institutes Travel Ban For Residents of Six States Known to Produce Terrorists

    MONTPELIER – Gov. Phil Scott signed legislation late yesterday afternoon that would effectively ban residents of six states from entering Vermont. Gov. Scott denied that it was a ban, and said only that it was to ensure the safety of Vermonters. The ban is seen as controversial, despite the last minute amendment that would allow access to the state for those with relatives living here.

    The six states whose residents are are now banned from entering Vermont are: (click link above)
    This seems like a really bad idea to me...

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,962
    Thanks
    1118

    From
    TN
    Of course its a false equivalence because Vermont hasn't been bombing her sister states for decades.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26,593
    Thanks
    6751

    From
    midwest
    And we have a new nominee for stupidest guv in the nation!

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26,593
    Thanks
    6751

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by publius3 View Post
    Of course its a false equivalence because Vermont hasn't been bombing her sister states for decades.
    Vermont never seemed much like a Caliphate...until now.

    Will they still export their maple syrup?

  6. #6
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,462
    Thanks
    43553

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Political humor from a satire site, sure riled up the Trumpaloompas....

  7. #7
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    37,815
    Thanks
    35623

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Political humor from a satire site, sure riled up the Trumpaloompas....
    Trump killed satire.

    He should be impeached for that alone.

  8. #8
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,462
    Thanks
    43553

    From
    Nashville, TN
    I should have kept my mouth shut, we could have had several pages of Trumpaloompa outrage to entertain us.
    Thanks from Amelia, Friday13, boontito and 1 others

  9. #9
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,666
    Thanks
    11225

    From
    By the wall
    Arizona should bomb Vermont.

    Those prissy pukes wouldn't last 2 minutes.

  10. #10
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,462
    Thanks
    43553

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Arizona should bomb Vermont.

    Those prissy pukes wouldn't last 2 minutes.
    Better late than never, I suppose
    Thanks from Madeline

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scandal in Vermont
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22nd April 2016, 12:02 AM
  2. Sweden institutes 6 hour work day, meanwhile in America....
    By Dr Sampson Simpson in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 7th January 2016, 01:32 PM
  3. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 1st October 2013, 08:59 PM
  4. Vermont is all messed up
    By Blueneck in forum Current Events
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 30th August 2011, 07:10 AM
  5. Italy Institutes Martial Law
    By Libre in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th June 2008, 01:37 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed