Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 97
Thanks Tree50Thanks

Thread: What will you do with your windfall?

  1. #11
    New Member LuvMyPups's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    602
    Thanks
    132

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Blues63 View Post
    It's where I was born and it is where I remain owing to filial obligations, 'choice doesn't enter into it'.



    Hey, I'm in the same boat paying twice what you do, so cry me a river. States raise whatever funds are necessary to run the state and we all grumble, but it is what it is.
    Ca raises taxes to pay for non citizens yet has the highest homeless count in the nation. They say to hell with failing infrastructure like the dam in Oroville. Thousands of people lost their homes in fires. Yet a train to nowhere is more important. Ca priorities are really screwed up.

  2. #12
    HayJenn Fan Boi knight's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    8,405
    Thanks
    7652

    From
    Galaxy ZRF
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    That's some hella cheap wine. We're talking saving a couple weeks for some Boone's, or a month-and-a-half for some Robert Mondavi. xD
    There is always Night Train and MD 20/20.
    Thanks from Coyote

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Micro Machines Champion, Race Against Time Champion Tedminator's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23,752
    Thanks
    13680

    From
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Leaving aside for the moment that the extra $1.50 per week in your paycheck might be the result of under-withholding, let's just assume for now that everything is accurate, and you just got a massive tax cut. What will you do with your extra buck-fifty every Friday? One savvy educator is saving her extra cash up for 40 whole weeks so she can treat herself to something really extravagant, a basic Costco membership for a year. But my dreams are much less ambitious. I'll save my surplus capital for only a few weeks so I can occasionally enjoy a venti mocha at Starbucks, with a little left over for the tip.

    What will you do with your newfound fortune?
    Send it to me and I’ll invest it on a paper bag. I can then put dog poop in it and drive it up the street and leave it on the whoremongering pervert potushit’s front door. If there’s any money left I can also buy a lighter and use it on the paper bag.
    Last edited by Tedminator; 5th February 2018 at 03:42 AM.
    Thanks from Coyote and HadEnough2

  4. #14
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,151
    Thanks
    34116

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Leaving aside for the moment that the extra $1.50 per week in your paycheck might be the result of under-withholding, let's just assume for now that everything is accurate, and you just got a massive tax cut. What will you do with your extra buck-fifty every Friday? One savvy educator is saving her extra cash up for 40 whole weeks so she can treat herself to something really extravagant, a basic Costco membership for a year. But my dreams are much less ambitious. I'll save my surplus capital for only a few weeks so I can occasionally enjoy a venti mocha at Starbucks, with a little left over for the tip.

    What will you do with your newfound fortune?
    First of all, I would skip the COSTCO membership. Sales at the groceries are much better. How often does the average person buy in bulk?

    $6 whole dollars a month? My gas went up, insurance up, cable soon will,as soon as my Special runs out.

    Whee!

  5. #15
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,151
    Thanks
    34116

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    That's some hella cheap wine. We're talking saving a couple weeks for some Boone's, or a month-and-a-half for some Robert Mondavi. xD
    But I think Amelia might need it,especially if she has a 401K.
    Thanks from Minotaur

  6. #16
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,228
    Thanks
    541

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Leaving aside for the moment that the extra $1.50 per week in your paycheck might be the result of under-withholding, let's just assume for now that everything is accurate, and you just got a massive tax cut. What will you do with your extra buck-fifty every Friday? One savvy educator is saving her extra cash up for 40 whole weeks so she can treat herself to something really extravagant, a basic Costco membership for a year. But my dreams are much less ambitious. I'll save my surplus capital for only a few weeks so I can occasionally enjoy a venti mocha at Starbucks, with a little left over for the tip.

    What will you do with your newfound fortune?
    According to these guys the "potential" tax break is much more than you've suggested. This is for a single person making 25,000 a year. You could waste 462.00 a year at Starbooks. I won't. Their coffee is seriously over priced.

    The book keeper where I work says we'll see the difference in our paychecks. Any extra monies I see will go towards paying off some credit cards. I'll be retiring before long and need to make preparations.

    Of course we live in a red state and won't take the hit blue state people will. California is already talking about the possibility of raising their taxes in an effort take a bite out of their citizens federal tax refunds.

    https://www.fool.com/taxes/2018/01/1...eck-in-20.aspx

    ...In 2018, the value of the withholding allowance goes up to $79.80, and different rates apply to the remaining $400.97. The result of running the numbers through the new formula is $35.94 per week. That will give the typical worker about a $9 weekly rise in take-home pay, or $462 over the course of a 52-week year....
    Last edited by fenrir; 5th February 2018 at 04:01 AM.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23,664
    Thanks
    6112

    From
    midwest
    Down payment on a Happy Meal.
    Thanks from Coyote

  8. #18
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38,812
    Thanks
    40641

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by fenrir View Post
    According to these guys the "potential" tax break is much more than you've suggested. This is for a single person making 25,000 a year. You could waste 462.00 a year at Starbooks. I won't. Their coffee is seriously over priced.

    The book keeper where I work says we'll see the difference in our paychecks. Any extra monies I see will go towards paying off some credit cards. I'll be retiring before long and need to make preparations.

    Of course we live in a red state and won't take the hit blue state people will. California is already talking about the possibility of raising their taxes in an effort take a bite out of their citizens federal tax refunds.

    https://www.fool.com/taxes/2018/01/1...eck-in-20.aspx

    ...In 2018, the value of the withholding allowance goes up to $79.80, and different rates apply to the remaining $400.97. The result of running the numbers through the new formula is $35.94 per week. That will give the typical worker about a $9 weekly rise in take-home pay, or $462 over the course of a 52-week year....
    And add 1.5 trillion to the debt, win, win....
    Thanks from Thx1138

  9. #19
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    38,812
    Thanks
    40641

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Lets not forget the massive increase in social security this year, mine went up a whopping one half of one percent. And food went up over 8% for the year...another win,win
    Thanks from Thx1138

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    23,970
    Thanks
    4564

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyPups View Post
    Ca raises taxes to pay for non citizens yet has the highest homeless count in the nation. They say to hell with failing infrastructure like the dam in Oroville. Thousands of people lost their homes in fires. Yet a train to nowhere is more important. Ca priorities are really screwed up.
    Being the illegal alien paradise has costs that it's citizens need to bare. Make Illegals Great.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 29th August 2017, 12:10 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12th October 2016, 03:12 PM
  3. Windfall Tax this liberals:
    By Libre in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 18th May 2008, 10:42 AM
  4. Windfall Profits Tax on Oil
    By Stinger in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 6th May 2008, 03:16 PM
  5. U.N. says Taliban set for windfall from Afghan opium crop
    By Common Sense Craig in forum World Politics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 23rd February 2008, 02:01 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed