Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: Liberal Taxes Explained

  1. #31
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    356

    From
    oregon
    This one is good, too:


  2. #32
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    356

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    I didn't say it was all due to obama. I said he presided over the increase, and he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    So was the fucking crash he inherited.
    Your response made no sense as a reply to my post.



    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    The entire world economy was on the brink of total failure. Strange how you Rand Cultists want to ignore that little item of history.
    More irrelevance, with an added assumption that is untrue.

    Tighten up.

  3. #33
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,836
    Thanks
    28001

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    WTF are you talking about? By that measure, how much has Trump decreased the debt? Obama's job at the time (along with GW Bush) was to avert certain disaster from the biggest financial calamity since the great depression. That was not the time for austerity and every financial advisor in the country agreed. Oh, but conservatives had a better plan -- let the banks and everything else that screwed the pooch FAIL. Great fucking plan.
    John Maynard Keynes: "The boom, and not the slump, is the time for austerity."


    Republicans like to tell us that the economy is booming right now. It is. They are correct about that. So THIS is the time for austerity. THIS is the time for getting our fiscal house in order. Instead, what does President Trump do? Why, he is GOOSING the economy still further, with a $1.5 TRILLION tax cut, that is wildly inappropriate in the current economic circumstances.


    Oops.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26,546
    Thanks
    6738

    From
    midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    John Maynard Keynes: "The boom, and not the slump, is the time for austerity."


    Republicans like to tell us that the economy is booming right now. It is. They are correct about that. So THIS is the time for austerity. THIS is the time for getting our fiscal house in order. Instead, what does President Trump do? Why, he is GOOSING the economy still further, with a $1.5 TRILLION tax cut, that is wildly inappropriate in the current economic circumstances.


    Oops.
    Same reason most politicians do, or say anything.

    To win elections.

    Staying in power is more important than anything else, you know that...

  5. #35
    Junior Member Slartibartfast's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,212
    Thanks
    368

    From
    UK
    Many a true word is spoken in jest. It was funny.
    Thanks from orangecat

  6. #36
    SPOCK! Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,140
    Thanks
    9046

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    I'm not defending the debt record of trump, obama, or bush. The facts are, they all presided over debt increases. Obama presided over the largest increase of debt in human history.
    Right so by that ridiculous standard, Obama's presidency brought down Osama Bin Laden. Wait a minute....Bin Laden was no longer that important! Also, he was killed in spite of Obama who mostly got in the way! You conservatives crack me the fuck up.

    Downplay any good and create catastrophe where none exist. More spin. Spin away spin-queen.

  7. #37
    SPOCK! Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,140
    Thanks
    9046

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    John Maynard Keynes: "The boom, and not the slump, is the time for austerity."


    Republicans like to tell us that the economy is booming right now. It is. They are correct about that. So THIS is the time for austerity. THIS is the time for getting our fiscal house in order. Instead, what does President Trump do? Why, he is GOOSING the economy still further, with a $1.5 TRILLION tax cut, that is wildly inappropriate in the current economic circumstances.


    Oops.
    But..but..but.....OBAMA!

  8. #38
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,697
    Thanks
    356

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Right so by that ridiculous standard, Obama's presidency brought down Osama Bin Laden. Wait a minute....
    Obama presided over the bin laden killing, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Wait a minute....Bin Laden was no longer that important! Also, he was killed in spite of Obama who mostly got in the way! You conservatives crack me the fuck up.
    I never said that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzling Evidence View Post
    Downplay any good and create catastrophe where none exist. More spin. Spin away spin-queen.
    Lol. Like the collusion thing? Or MMGW? Both?

  9. #39
    SPOCK! Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,140
    Thanks
    9046

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    I didn't say it was all due to obama. I said he presided over the increase, and he did. Pay better attention.
    Shut up. You already said that. I know what you're going to say before you say it anyway and I am paying very good attention pumpkin. I see things.....i see what's hiden and what is kept away. You have no idea. I especially see you in all your naked deception.

    It's my secret power.

  10. #40
    SPOCK! Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    21,140
    Thanks
    9046

    From
    Away from sharp objects>
    Lol. Like the collusion thing? Or MMGW? Both?
    ^^^

    Why are you switching gears? You're fighting a losing battle.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 28th October 2017, 10:45 AM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 1st July 2015, 05:38 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 5th June 2015, 02:29 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 31st March 2015, 01:36 AM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13th April 2010, 08:11 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed