Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 76
Thanks Tree93Thanks

Thread: Trump's America

  1. #1
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,717
    Thanks
    15752

    From
    SoCal

    Trump's America

    Thanks from BoiseBo, OHjulie and KnotaFrayed

  2. #2
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,717
    Thanks
    15752

    From
    SoCal
    Thanks from Blueneck, Babba, BigLeRoy and 2 others

  3. #3
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,717
    Thanks
    15752

    From
    SoCal

  4. #4
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    Thanks
    2129

    From
    Switzerland
    When you look at what is happening to these children, there is more than a gap between Trumps's administration and reality as the rest of people in the world live it. What dictates this behavior is difficult to figure out. What political benefit can Trump hope from separating children from parents or incarcerating families ? There is no bonus to get unless for one's ego, i.e. to enjoy being alone against almost all. Is it part of "the Art of the Deal", you create an awful situation which mobilizes everyone to do things in a hidden way beside. Is Trumper a master chess player, knowing in advance his next 5-6 moves ? Or just someone prisoner of his reptilian brain ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member Slartibartfast's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,658
    Thanks
    507

    From
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    When you look at what is happening to these children, there is more than a gap between Trumps's administration and reality as the rest of people in the world live it. What dictates this behavior is difficult to figure out. What political benefit can Trump hope from separating children from parents or incarcerating families ? There is no bonus to get unless for one's ego, i.e. to enjoy being alone against almost all. Is it part of "the Art of the Deal", you create an awful situation which mobilizes everyone to do things in a hidden way beside. Is Trumper a master chess player, knowing in advance his next 5-6 moves ? Or just someone prisoner of his reptilian brain ?
    What a misguided and infactual post.

  6. #6
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    Thanks
    2129

    From
    Switzerland
    I guess that the gap I mentioned is probably similar to the one who devides us post after post. You prefer to let your guts talk than anything else and it is why you never bring substance to the the judgements you make on other people's posts.
    Thanks from BigLeRoy and KnotaFrayed

  7. #7
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,598
    Thanks
    32734

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    When you look at what is happening to these children, there is more than a gap between Trumps's administration and reality as the rest of people in the world live it. What dictates this behavior is difficult to figure out. What political benefit can Trump hope from separating children from parents or incarcerating families?
    Votes.
    Thanks from Friday13, MaryAnne and KnotaFrayed

  8. #8
    Junior Member Slartibartfast's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,658
    Thanks
    507

    From
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by galatin View Post
    I guess that the gap I mentioned is probably similar to the one who devides us post after post. You prefer to let your guts talk than anything else and it is why you never bring substance to the the judgements you make on other people's posts.
    If you look into the issue correctly, the separating of children started under Bush, and then continued under Obama and Trump, more so under Trump because he told the DHS to implement, much tighter, the laws as made by Congress.

    Of the 12,000 children under the care of the HHS, some 10,000 (83.33%) of the children never travelled with their parents in the first place. You physically cannot separate a child from their family if they travelled without their family.

    Of the 2,000 or so that were separated from their parents, this was due to their well being, safety and those who parents crossed illegally, thus being measured against the law set by Congress. You don't jail an American and send their kids with them.

    There's a large disparity between what the left are reporting and reality.

    So as I said, What a misguided and infactual post.

  9. #9
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,918
    Thanks
    44101

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
    If you look into the issue correctly, the separating of children started under Bush, and then continued under Obama and Trump, more so under Trump because he told the DHS to implement, much tighter, the laws as made by Congress.

    Of the 12,000 children under the care of the HHS, some 10,000 (83.33%) of the children never travelled with their parents in the first place. You physically cannot separate a child from their family if they travelled without their family.

    Of the 2,000 or so that were separated from their parents, this was due to their well being, safety and those who parents crossed illegally, thus being measured against the law set by Congress. You don't jail an American and send their kids with them.

    There's a large disparity between what the left are reporting and reality.

    So as I said, What a misguided and infactual post.
    And your information is directly from #Trumpcult Central
    Thanks from Babba, Friday13, Panzareta and 1 others

  10. #10
    Cat-tastic Babba's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    68,631
    Thanks
    50567

    From
    So. Md.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    And your information is directly from #Trumpcult Central
    He's relying on Jeff Sessions' word for it when in fact Sessions is being disingenuous, at best.
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 4th June 2018, 07:10 AM
  2. Just another day in Trump's America
    By NightSwimmer in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11th May 2018, 11:40 AM
  3. Trump threatens America
    By Friday13 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 15th November 2017, 09:29 AM
  4. Trump is America's Yeltsin
    By The Man in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th June 2017, 07:21 PM
  5. Trump's America
    By Friday13 in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th August 2016, 07:04 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed